Interface Design Contest

Discussions about everything, SMR related or not.
Freon22
Beginner Spam Artist

Re: Interface Design Contest

Post by Freon22 »

You like the orange one I did? I never completely finished it, I posted it and no one said anything so I stopped working on it. I spend most my time commenting the css file to make it easer to change. But if some players like it then I will be happy to finish it along with the two other ones I was working on.
Jester-
Admin Emeritus

Post by Jester- »

I like it, and would like more to choose from too :D
Ender
Quiet One

Post by Ender »

Make it so
gau

Post by gau »

This is what i got so far.... (no where near done, just basic set up)

But yea you might be better off posting this at gamedev, you'd get loads of talent jumping on this.

Jester-
Admin Emeritus

Post by Jester- »

Looks good gau ;)
Blade
Admin Emeritus

Post by Blade »

I would like to pint out that I will not be funding the prize, if anyone else wants to step up and pay out the money feel free to do so.

Some of you are doing a great job with the designs though
The truth is there, just don't look blindly
JettJackson
Fledgling Spam Artist

Post by JettJackson »

Upon talking to Page about this, I have no problem offering up what Blade originally was going to offer up. Just contact me when the time is needed.

:)
Lead: Sesame Street, Rogue Squad

Co-Lead: Suckas, Black Sun Ascending, Wraith Squadron, Fool's Errend, Team Poker, The Phantom Order, Toxic #5

Member of: Team Pup and Suds, Nintendo Power, System Failure, Crusaders, new dawn, Cereal Killers, Armory, Armory V2, _-=`Perfection`=-_, The Guild, Ragnarok, Heimdall, United Rebels, ilLegitimate Basterds

I've seen and done it all
N.ator
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by N.ator »

when is this contest due again by?
ImageImage
Page
SMR Coder

Post by Page »

Well in 4 days it'll have been up for a year, there is no real due date for the original one with credit rewards, in fact I'm perfectly happy to double or even triple those rewards as I would just like to see a new interface that isn't from sometime in ancient history ;) Especially seeing as it's going to be the first thing any player will notice about the game is how it looks, before they even know how to play.
seldum
Beta Tester

Post by seldum »

Yes Page is right it is the most important thing SMR needs to be able to grow. If it looks old and boring or just horrid looking like it is now it then some new players won't try it at all and others are affected by it subconciously. Get a sleek sexy looking layout and I really think the game can start growing again.

Id like to see Freon22's copy of commented css I dunno why but its all in 1 line in the link Page posted and I have enough trouble figuring out whats what when its neatly organized.