Next game

Discussions about everything, SMR related or not.
Infinity
Newbie Spam Artist

Re: Next game

Post by Infinity »

I believe we have had 12x12 racials always, except for Skant that at times had 15x15 instead of lower sector connectivity to ensure better routes.
Use The Force(s)!
Purify
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Purify »

wth Freon........ we have played this map before... it would not be the immediate disaster you are predicting... however it would be borrrrrrring and nothing new.

I disagree with most of Izza's suggestions but I agree with his notion that we should try and change something up. Add something new to the game. Not play a map that we have played 343242432 times before..... like this game or the one Blade proposed.
Page
SMR Coder

Post by Page »

I'll try and get an interesting map for 1.6 that does lots of crazy things, as it will allow for trying some crazy things but whilst alongside a standard map so it means there is a safe boring map to go back. I know a lot of people will probably hate whatever the design becomes (will try to make it good though) but think of it as an extension of the testing - an experiment in fun radical maps (as opposed to a standard map that gets accidentally messed up).
Freon22
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by Freon22 »

Like I said I don't want anyone to take what I said the wrong way. I hope I am wrong, I will also be playing the next game too. I want it to be different and fun, I just don't think the map that Blade is showing is going to work is all.

Add another neutral between the racial and the planet neutral. This way it will be a little harder for alliances to do fed parking and Oped from it. This will hopefuly give the planet galaxies wars a chance to last a while. Maybe even through a few planets in the neutral that connects to the planet galaxies. Also if you want to add a CA or a few CA in the neutral that connects to the racials then make sure you add lots and lots of Unos. This will help in clearing mines fields and will give a trader in a trading ship a little chance of getting to a CA. You may want to add a few extra unos in the racials also, because with CAs being close you will end up with mines in racial.
Cowboy
Beta Tester

Post by Cowboy »

how about instead of having small planet galaxies, we have one huge planet galaxy with maybe 24-30 planets this will do away with some of the stagnation of "mine wars" create more action between opposing fleets and generally liven the game up :caffeine:
Cowboy
Blade
Admin Emeritus

Post by Blade »

I would go with that too CB, so how about a map that has 2 races per racial, and 2 big zones 1 planet and 1 neutral?
The truth is there, just don't look blindly
Infinity
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Infinity »

Yeah, with clusters, similar to what we had in first round of 1.5. People that played, remember for sure, it was a nice map.
Use The Force(s)!
Page
SMR Coder

Post by Page »

Infinity wrote:Yeah, with clusters, similar to what we had in first round of 1.5. People that played, remember for sure, it was a nice map.
Impossible to do with classic universe generator, they have to be just randomly placed.
Infinity
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Infinity »

Dang! I didn't know that.

Well, I guess that option is out then :/
Use The Force(s)!
Siege
Admin Emeritus

Post by Siege »

I like that idea as well Blade/CBoy. I guess great minds think alike as well as simple minds ( Blade ) :wink:
Member of far too many to name, here are the main ones : The Edge, The Forsaken, S.P.A.M. , Anla'Shok, Horsemen of the Apocalypse.

Lead/colead : The Edge, Adult Swim, EPIC, Quiot Riot, Cereal Killers.