Next Game map

Discussions about everything, SMR related or not.
Blade
Admin Emeritus

Re: Next Game map

Post by Blade »

Keep your thoughts coming!!
The truth is there, just don't look blindly
Jester-
Admin Emeritus

Post by Jester- »

If mine levels are not changing, then PB'ing will never be "to easy." Also with only 20 members and levels of planets not going down, i think it should be "easier" to pb. I remember in Milly our planet galaxy (omar) had a Uno smack in it by the warp. It was 1 from a planet. It was busted a few times, but also EASIER to bust back. We eventually got it to 70. Close uno's can also be good for the people CLAIMING the planets. Think knuckleheads.
Method

Post by Method »

I love the idea of a smaller map, and the set up is nice. i just hope people don't start gettin upset about all the fighting and not being able to trade because they are always getting attacked. but imo sounds like a fun game.
Death from above! AIRBORNE! ALL THE WAY!
XDemonX
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by XDemonX »

I like new map ideas. Why not try them out.

Just please please please make it so arming is difficult. I don't want people to arm in 20-30 turns. I want people to get planets and build them so they have places to sleep. You might want to consider having planet galaxy connect to racial more easily. A lot of hunters like to hunt racials, but it would suck to have a planet galaxy and spend 60 turns to just get to a racial when you can just fed and spend 40 turns arming.

You gotta find the right balance, I really don't want this game to turn into a fed game. I would trust that Blade/Page make the map before the game to set up, and go in and then tweak around the locations. I am kinda sick of all this random happening in making where the locations are before the game. Maybe put some spot in where certain locations should be. (then again we would have to trust Blade/Page won't abuse it ;-))
This is a beat, you just can't touch.....
Infinity
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Infinity »

Took a walk, been thinking out loud...

Might be too hard for newbie alliances since we can't make clusters, like in 1.5 (cause of uni-generator, it's mentioned on the other thread about next game), they often fail to have super activity to defend, cap is going down, making it even more harder. Mining is expensive for newbie alliances as they tend to die more and make less cash, so they might be an often target...

I'm not sure what I wanted to say, but you people think about that one too ;)
Use The Force(s)!
Page
SMR Coder

Post by Page »

XDemonX wrote:You gotta find the right balance, I really don't want this game to turn into a fed game. I would trust that Blade/Page make the map before the game to set up, and go in and then tweak around the locations. I am kinda sick of all this random happening in making where the locations are before the game. Maybe put some spot in where certain locations should be. (then again we would have to trust Blade/Page won't abuse it ;-))
Classic uni generator has nowhere near the power of the 1.5 uni generator so it's not really possible to do this.
Cowboy
Beta Tester

Post by Cowboy »

I would put 1 CA as close as possible to the middle of the planet galaxy and maybe 2 uno's, these locations will become battlegrounds where no alliance will be able to control the CA or the Uno's :) Sounds like a lot of action and lots of triggers :B.O.B.:
Cowboy
Purify
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Purify »

"oh please please make it so people have to play the game like i want to play the game" "Please put the locations in a spot where they should be... but if i think they shouldn't be there, I'll tell you about it" (DC Shop Thread) "Please make it so planet galaxies touch racials and I can go chase down anyone trading and then return to safety without running out of my Generation Y attention span."

Uggg.... Put level 5s in the planet gal people can mine them down and possibly make it more difficult to arm... put level 5s in the outter neutral fed alliances have more of a fighting chance but the value of planets goes down.... doesn't really bother me either way.
Freon22
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by Freon22 »

btw: The HHG should be in a fed sector in the non-planet neutral galaxy.
Hybrid

Post by Hybrid »

that map would be okay for a straight one month semi war game but when trying to actually setup a game plan will cause a lot of issues especially for training new players that don't even know the basics of the game.

i do not like the idea of one planet galaxy. all the game will be is every alliance fighting over the planet galaxy and the newbies will end up being turned off the game because of all the pods they take.