Next Game map

Discussions about everything, SMR related or not.
Infinity
Newbie Spam Artist

Re: Next Game map

Post by Infinity »

I have been misinterpreted... I do want an instant 25x luxury sell, nice and easy, but it's not BALANCED.
Use The Force(s)!
Purify
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Purify »

Edited by Baalzamon. Mod actions can be discussed in PM, not on a private board. Thank you.
kanga

Post by kanga »

Accorinding to what MrSpock said in #SMR a while ago, the new map has ports in nearly all sectors in the racials.. Isn't this a bit odd?

The galaxies in Old Boundaries ahve 84 ports in them, it sounds from what Spock has said that the might *still* have 84 ports in an 100 sector map.
Blade
Admin Emeritus

Post by Blade »

No it has 30 ports in a 100 sector galaxy.

Edited By Baalzamon. See Purify's edited post above.
The truth is there, just don't look blindly
Kahless_
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Kahless_ »

Edited by Baalzamon. Taken care of. Thanks for your concern, in the future, Mod actions can be discussed in PM
Infinity
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Infinity »

If you had said.... "few ports all low levels"..... there would have been people speaking out and saying that's not very smart.

I warned about ports, 5 days ago.
by Infinity » Tue Mar 10, 2009 6:24 pm

One more thing... huge planet galaxy can make insane routes right from the start, so you might want to take some precaution measures for that. I'm thinking ports of all lvls with high port density, so routes start somewhat bad and raids must be done for creating a money/xp route by an alliance.
Use The Force(s)!
Blade
Admin Emeritus

Post by Blade »

Edited by the dude with the red name that starts with a B
The truth is there, just don't look blindly
Baalzamon
Destroyer of his own FU

Post by Baalzamon »

Arguements regarding posts edits can be talked about via PMs and in private messages in chat. Not on a public thread. Thank you :-)

Blade, thanks for working on this map and listening to the player's input. Mad props, I'm looking forward to the map.
Crusher

Post by Crusher »

This map is to crazy i coud accept in principal a no planets galaxy just a huge one.... but making racials so small this wasn,t think true.... in human only 2 port buy lux..... and one port sell it so with 2 players login the game the port selling lux is empty..... This game is call space merchant realms: for it to work well we need to work like a inverted pyramid we need traders the most.... then alliance then the list solo hunters... and years after years we screw over traders.. they leave the game... then hunters will have nothing to hunt... change the game map now.
Page
SMR Coder

Post by Page »

There are more goods than just lux/comps/narcs.. Just everyone ignores them :(
There are also neutrals to trade in, personally I'd prefer less space to trade, in an entire 3 month game of trading I used the same route the whole time, 95% of the time it was full (the 5% it wasn't was probably first 2-3 weeks, and got hunted twice in the entire game.. Not like I was a bad target either with #2 for exp.