Next Game map

Discussions about everything, SMR related or not.
Blade
Admin Emeritus

Next Game map

Post by Blade »

So with the few ideas that got passed around I have come up with his.

So we have

Yellow = 2 race galaxies connected to the outer hub and all races galaxies are connected to each other and outer hub
Orange = the outer hub, connected to all racials and the planet hub, this will hold the ports, locations and CA's
Red = planet hub, connected to the outer hub by 4 warp points holds all the planets in the game, will have a few ports, maybe an UNO?

Size, I will leave that open what do you people want??
The truth is there, just don't look blindly
Siege
Admin Emeritus

Re: Next Game map

Post by Siege »

ok the only thing here.. with the orange gal if I want to get to one sector that is on the other side of that circle do I have to go all the way around? Why can't I just cut across? That could potentially eat a lot of turns.
Member of far too many to name, here are the main ones : The Edge, The Forsaken, S.P.A.M. , Anla'Shok, Horsemen of the Apocalypse.

Lead/colead : The Edge, Adult Swim, EPIC, Quiot Riot, Cereal Killers.
Siege
Admin Emeritus

Post by Siege »

All joking aside. I think this design is perfect. Sizing though... would have to be fairly big gals... 16x16 racials? Maybe even 18x18 or bigger, I dunno...

Neutrals though like 20x20 or 22x22
Member of far too many to name, here are the main ones : The Edge, The Forsaken, S.P.A.M. , Anla'Shok, Horsemen of the Apocalypse.

Lead/colead : The Edge, Adult Swim, EPIC, Quiot Riot, Cereal Killers.
Infinity
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Infinity »

ROFL

Siege, by now you should know that all galaxies are squares in shape.. and that this is just a graphical representation of galaxy connectivity. If Blade wanted to draw all galaxies as squares it would lead to lines that connect warp cross each other and a generally make a messy overview of the layout.

Any other stupid questions? :P

Edit: Siege cut in and apparently saved his butt.
Use The Force(s)!
Purify
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Purify »

3 Cheers for something new and original....

Unos would definitely be needed in the planet hub... fewer than in the outter hub though. And maybe connectivity within the planet hub should be less too.... so that routes can be created and tunnels with planets can be used.

I agree with siege about the racials..... admins should maybe test the map first and see what kind of routes are created so that each race has its fair shot... who knows what 2 race racials will do to them.
Blade
Admin Emeritus

Post by Blade »

Planet hub will have 4 warps as it stands any less than that could cause 1 or 2 alliances dominating all the passasages through to the hubs, that would be my only concern with less warps specially as the 1 planet hub would be pretty big so fewer warps could create to many super routes
Freon22
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by Freon22 »

Cool Blade, looking good!
Infinity
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Infinity »

One more thing... huge planet galaxy can make insane routes right from the start, so you might want to take some precaution measures for that. I'm thinking ports of all lvls with high port density, so routes start somewhat bad and raids must be done for creating a money/xp route by an alliance.
Use The Force(s)!
Blade
Admin Emeritus

Post by Blade »

Oh and before anyone else moans at me... apologies for the poor map picture, It was done at work on MS paint lol
Blade
Admin Emeritus

Post by Blade »

MrSpock gave me some information that classic does not allow multi racials so we are unable to have 2 races per racial in classic.