GP

Discussions about everything, SMR related or not.
Alexis
Quiet One

GP

Post by Alexis »

I've been writing for the GP for a few days now, and one of my goals is to have a new issue out every 3 to 4 days. But that's only part of what I want to do. I want to do things to engage the players more, and maybe even get them into character. I want to bring up topics that get the racial presidents to speak on behalf of their people and increase the prominence of racial politics, or get alliance leaders to also start balancing racial politics with alliance politics, and emphasize events as close to real-time as I can post them (especially with the Breaking News).

One thing I would like to do to get more participation is to allow presidents and alliance officials to call press conferences. I think the best way to do this would be to have a person in an IRC room, and invite members of our community to hear what the person has to say, and then ask follow-up questions. Either I or another GP writer will save the transcript and develop and article from it. I'll be happy to attend as many of them as I possibly can, and I will certainly encourage GP writers to attend. If anybody's interested, I think this would really increase the level of enjoyment everyone gets out of the Galactic Post.

I'll also be looking at Letters to the Editor for people who have something on their mind, but don't want to be considered part of the GP staff. Of course articles from the staff-writers will get priority over public letters, but I'd be happy to see them nevertheless.

This is what I have for now. I want to spend the rest of this game increasing the role of your newspaper, and I'm certainly looking for feedback. I think it's going to be a lot of fun! =]
Blade
Admin Emeritus

Re: GP

Post by Blade »

I think anything that allows players in interact more can only be a good thing.

We have lost some of the role play from this game and has suffered because of it, this can only be good, I support it :)
The truth is there, just don't look blindly
Purify
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Purify »

I try to interact with you but you just ignore my interacting advances..... :(
Siege
Admin Emeritus

Post by Siege »

I effing proposed to you and asked you out for dinner and a movie and you didn't even give me an answer. That's me trying to role play and you TOTALLY shutting me down.
Member of far too many to name, here are the main ones : The Edge, The Forsaken, S.P.A.M. , Anla'Shok, Horsemen of the Apocalypse.

Lead/colead : The Edge, Adult Swim, EPIC, Quiot Riot, Cereal Killers.
XDemonX
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by XDemonX »

Yes, a new GP would be great.

Last time we had a GP editor, they made one maybe two articles and it stayed there the entire game. Every 3-4 days would be awesome! nice work
This is a beat, you just can't touch.....
Alexis
Quiet One

Post by Alexis »

Siege wrote:I effing proposed to you and asked you out for dinner and a movie and you didn't even give me an answer. That's me trying to role play and you TOTALLY shutting me down.
lawl.. NIce try. ^_~
Purify
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Purify »

Is this yet another budding SMR relationship?.......
Siege
Admin Emeritus

Post by Siege »

It could be...It could be...I think I might have some competition in DWizz though.
Member of far too many to name, here are the main ones : The Edge, The Forsaken, S.P.A.M. , Anla'Shok, Horsemen of the Apocalypse.

Lead/colead : The Edge, Adult Swim, EPIC, Quiot Riot, Cereal Killers.
Infinity
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Infinity »

I LOVE THE GP!!! KEEP IT UP!!!

:)
Use The Force(s)!
DWill
Admin Emeritus

Post by DWill »

Siege wrote:It could be...It could be...I think I might have some competition in DWizz though.
What? Haha.
-when there is a will there is a way