1.6 Anonymous Forces

Discussions about everything, SMR related or not.
Siege
Admin Emeritus

1.6 Anonymous Forces

Post by Siege »

Anyone else think this is a downright ridiculous idea??
Member of far too many to name, here are the main ones : The Edge, The Forsaken, S.P.A.M. , Anla'Shok, Horsemen of the Apocalypse.

Lead/colead : The Edge, Adult Swim, EPIC, Quiot Riot, Cereal Killers.
Blade
Admin Emeritus

Re: 1.6 Anonymous Forces

Post by Blade »

Care to elaborate......
The truth is there, just don't look blindly
Freon22
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by Freon22 »

LOL a lot of thought, fighting, argument, disagreement, quarreling, and did I say arguing went into coming up with that compromise.

Edit: also the thought here is why would an enemy scout say "Hey I belong to so and so" when you enter a sector.
Purify
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Purify »

I do not think it is a ridiculous idea......

A ridiculous idea is turning a verb into a persons name.
Siege
Admin Emeritus

Post by Siege »

I wanted to elaborate but just woke up and once I started writing I realised I didn't want to continue. Right now scouts are balanced ( and forces for that matter ) so that you have to be somewhat careful when using them. I can't just lay scouts on every route and sit around on CPL and wait for people to hit them, most smart traders will see my scout, see me on the cpl and take preventative measures.

I don't know why people thought that this was necessary.

You also won't be able to tell which alliance is claiming what territory. So alliances that might be concerned about looking like mine mongers will no longer care, they can mine wherever they want if they like.. Racial ports etc.

I am honestly astonished that someone would even come up with this idea. Hunting is already easy with MGU.

On top of that now forces are logged?? So I don't even have to have a stack out in the universe, I can sit and refresh alliance force logs page and wait for someone to hit even my allies forces, I'll be able to tell what ship they are in based on what they fire at the stack and they won't know who's stack they hit and I'll be able to go kill them.

Absolutely retarded.
Member of far too many to name, here are the main ones : The Edge, The Forsaken, S.P.A.M. , Anla'Shok, Horsemen of the Apocalypse.

Blade
Admin Emeritus

Post by Blade »

I think you completely missed the point to why the forces have been changed, try it.... you might just see the added strategic twist it could add to the game.
The truth is there, just don't look blindly
Siege
Admin Emeritus

Post by Siege »

If you do'nt want someone to see it's your scout put a single with it. Not rocket science.

Purify
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Purify »

I don't understand force logging.... what is that?

But there is nothing wrong with anonymous forces.... Good change.
Infinity
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Infinity »

Forces logging - combat logs from forces are now viewable. You can only see your own ship and your alliance mates ships "fighting" forces in logs. You CANNOT see non-allied ships hitting YOUR (or your alliance mate's) forces.

And why a robot (scout drone) couldn't be programmed not to show to whom it belongs?

As for which alliance is taking what part of space... I guess you will have to check who owns planets to know that, as for racial mining it will only stop people from pointing fingers.
Use The Force(s)!
Page
SMR Coder

Post by Page »

It would be possible to make the name visible if the stack contains mines to allow seeing who is claiming what territory but I don't really think it'd stop racial mining - it doesn't seem to have done so in the past.

With the force logs I have no idea if it's possible to see results of your forces being under attack or not, it's not something anyone when they were asking for force logs (I can easily change it if it does show).