Map contest submissions

Discussions about everything, SMR related or not.
Blade
Admin Emeritus

Map contest submissions

Post by Blade »

OK Feel free to submit your map idea's here so that others can give you feedback.
If you wish to remain anonymous, feel free to submit them to an admin.

NO attacking peoples idea's constructive idea's and feedback, anyone who feels like making others idea's seem stupid or pointless will serve a forum warning maybe even a ban if they persist, remember your flaming peoples thoughts and well spent time.
The truth is there, just don't look blindly
JettJackson
Fledgling Spam Artist

Re: Map contest submissions

Post by JettJackson »

Well I figured I'd give this a chance.

Racials-Green 13x13 8
Neutrals-Blue 18x18 2
Planet-Red 6x6 4
CA-Yellow 3x3 3

Total Sectors 2171

My explanation for this map is simple, it is a no frills no special ideas map, good connectivity with 3 CA crossovers alot of interactive space, very little dead space. Also the inclusion of CA gals ( ALL LOCS ) this will keep mining harder as the distance to and from planet will be farther than it is now with the warps you'd have to travel to get to CA, plus the inclusion allows for jump ships not to be able to jump neutral to neutral . I am willing to add another 2 more planet gals if needed which would put total sectors 2243, which is still significantly less than last games map.

Planet density (How many planets in a galaxy/s): 8 per planet gal
How many ports in galaxy: 10 planet 140 neutral 70 racials
% of port levels (10% lvl 1 5% lvl 2 etc): even per level which i believe is 11% for 8 of them and 12% for the 9th level in racials and neutrals, planets 1-5 levels 20%
as for races neutrals and planets gals, even race/neutral distribution so 11% per port for each race and 12% the neutral
Locations in which galaxy/s (Fed in neutrals, ship shops, banks, weapons and so on): Fed in one neutral, Evil ship in one neutral, fed ship in the other neutral, 2 banks per racial, 4 per neutral, weapons racial weapons in their respective racials lasers ppl in right neutral hpl and lpl in the left neutral galaxy, nuke in right neutral hhg in the left neutral gal, and lastly only one location in the planet gal: 1 bar
Lead: Sesame Street, Rogue Squad

Co-Lead: Suckas, Black Sun Ascending, Wraith Squadron, Fool's Errend, Team Poker, The Phantom Order, Toxic #5

Member of: Team Pup and Suds, Nintendo Power, System Failure, Crusaders, new dawn, Cereal Killers, Armory, Armory V2, _-=`Perfection`=-_, The Guild, Ragnarok, Heimdall, United Rebels, ilLegitimate Basterds

I've seen and done it all
Siege
Admin Emeritus

Post by Siege »

12x12 racials with slightly higher port density (except Alskant of course) to encourage alliances to take planets in neutrals for better routes.
18x18 neutrals with planets. Neutrals should be made to have some good routes. Anyway to tweak it so that there is a lot of neutral ports ?
3x3 CA gals with all sectors locations, 2 exits into the respective neutral to discourage mining of the CA warp.

We want alliances on this map to take a few planets, but not be able to mine the entire gal, just their cluster, smaller alliances as well as having multiple warps into gal and not being able to control CA will make this difficult for an alliance todo.

Universe has good connectivity but not so much as to encourage extreme fed hunting and won't involve extremely short arming routes like this game.

Planet density (How many planets in a galaxy/s): 16 per Neutral
How many ports in galaxy: 125 neutral, 85 racial
% of port levels : In racials, 12% each level 1 - 3, 14% level 4-8, 8% level 9.
In Neutrals 15% each level 1 - 3, 15% level 4-7, 6% for level 8 and 4% for level 9.

In neutrals port race breakdown is , 10% for every race and 20% neutral ports, this opens up more routes for people at the beginning, though it will mean less cash on the big routes, if an alliance wants to turn the port to a specific race they will have to bust it. It will also mean that with more reward trading in a neutral will be more risk having to calc at neutral ports.

Locations in which galaxy/s (Fed in neutrals, ship shops, banks, weapons and so on): Fed in one neutral, Evil ship in one neutral, fed ship in the other neutral, 2 banks per racial, 4 per neutral, weapons racial weapons in their respective racials lasers ppl in right neutral hpl and lpl in the left neutral galaxy, nuke, hhg, ppl seperate from eachother.

Also to make it fair, NONE Of the Neutrals will include a Fed area to park..
Last edited by Siege on Wed Mar 25, 2009 12:28 am, edited 2 times in total.
Member of far too many to name, here are the main ones : The Edge, The Forsaken, S.P.A.M. , Anla'Shok, Horsemen of the Apocalypse.

Lead/colead : The Edge, Adult Swim, EPIC, Quiot Riot, Cereal Killers.
Page
SMR Coder

Post by Page »

You can specify any percentage of different race ports.

You also have to specify what locations where, and number of ports/planets exactly. I for one don't want the admins to have to make any decisions on the map, all it should be is number entering, the map should be designed purely by the map designer so that the admins won't be responsible for mistakes in map design (and so that people know exactly what they're voting for when it comes to making the decision).
Purify
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Purify »

This map would have a Major / Minor theme to it.

12x12 Racials.... setup how they were most commonly setup (not sure of port and connectivity numbers but the regular) Alsakant will have less connectivity.
18x18 Major Neutral.... this neutral will have fed and 2 CAs very connective and sparse ports with varying levels.
16x16 Minor Neutral.... this neutral will be less connective have 2 CAs fewer UNOs and no fed. Also sparse ports with varying levels.
8x8 Planet Gals... will have 10 planets sparse ports with only level 1 and level 2 goods..... no locations
4x4 Planet gals... will have 5 planets sparse ports with only level 2 and level 2 goods..... no locations

Total map size 2292 sectors.

I think i need help actually getting % for ports as I have nothing to judge that by.

The goal of this map is choices.... choose a big planet galaxy to build choose a little one..... choose both.... teamup with another team and share. Choose to mine in the planets choose to mine in the neutrals. Directly attack your enemy or attack them through the back door. Park in an obvious galaxy or park in your backdoor galaxy.

PS (Possibly should add a 4th set of planet gals... but am too tired to fix picture)

edited by JJ: fixed picture size for purify
Last edited by Purify on Wed Mar 25, 2009 11:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Alexis
Quiet One

Post by Alexis »

I would really like Purify's map if the right-hand racials were granted easier access to the major half.. ^_~

Really though, I like it.
Purify
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Purify »

Alexis wrote:I would really like Purify's map if the right-hand racials were granted easier access to the major half.. ^_~

Really though, I like it.
My original idea was to alternate which neutral the racials connect to. For example Alskant would connect to Major and Creo connect to Minor then Human connect to major and so on. That way you are only ever 2 warps away from a neutral galaxy. That was hard to draw though lol
Jester-
Admin Emeritus

Post by Jester- »

Purified map is the prettiest.
Alexis
Quiet One

Post by Alexis »

Jester- wrote:Purified map is the prettiest.
Yeah, I like stars.
JettJackson
Fledgling Spam Artist

Post by JettJackson »

Purifys map is a nice map i do like it, the only concern is the mineability of the CAs which is something that has happened as of late
Lead: Sesame Street, Rogue Squad

Co-Lead: Suckas, Black Sun Ascending, Wraith Squadron, Fool's Errend, Team Poker, The Phantom Order, Toxic #5

Member of: Team Pup and Suds, Nintendo Power, System Failure, Crusaders, new dawn, Cereal Killers, Armory, Armory V2, _-=`Perfection`=-_, The Guild, Ragnarok, Heimdall, United Rebels, ilLegitimate Basterds

I've seen and done it all