MGU for SMR 1.6

Discussions about everything, SMR related or not.
Purify
Newbie Spam Artist

Re: MGU for SMR 1.6

Post by Purify »

NERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDS.....

btw Zeus is a good library.
LotuS
Beta Tester

Post by LotuS »

SMC MAZE #1
needs to have text box for sector centering
needs to be able to tell you distance of ports which buy/sell from where u currently are
Ingenius, Armory Armory v2, Lords of the PingsSuckas, AoC, Green Skulls, DoW, Shadow, MoM, Xenocide, NE, ST, HA, PI, FI, Armada, DC, LoP, AS, Lom, MH, RC
Hobbs
Quiet One

Post by Hobbs »

LotuS wrote:SMC MAZE #1
needs to have text box for sector centering
needs to be able to tell you distance of ports which buy/sell from where u currently are
The last two sound like good ideas, not certain on how one would implement that efficiently as of yet, but good all the same.
What part of lockbox do you not understand!?
XDemonX
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by XDemonX »

SMC Maze FTW
This is a beat, you just can't touch.....
igGy
Quiet One

Post by igGy »

SMC ftw!
Edgecrusher
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Edgecrusher »

LotuS wrote:needs to be able to tell you distance of ports which buy/sell from where u currently are
This is already implemented. What I do is keep track of the distance to the closest buying or selling port for each sector while loading the maps. It costs nothing computationally and only a little in storage. My assumption is that it will also significantly speed up route plotting as well, but that still needs to be implemented.
LotuS wrote:needs to have text box for sector centering
Not sure what you mean there, but I'll check if I have a copy of SMC somewhere and copy it.

Looks like for now its SMC Maze, once I have more time I'll implement the other styles too.
Page
SMR Coder

Post by Page »

Edgecrusher wrote:
LotuS wrote:needs to be able to tell you distance of ports which buy/sell from where u currently are
This is already implemented. What I do is keep track of the distance to the closest buying or selling port for each sector while loading the maps. It costs nothing computationally and only a little in storage. My assumption is that it will also significantly speed up route plotting as well, but that still needs to be implemented.
For me it takes in the region 0.1s to calculate the DI of every single good in the background when loading the map and there's plenty of optimisations I could add if it was necessary, so imo storing them permanently is unnecessary.
LotuS
Beta Tester

Post by LotuS »

http://theshantytown.com/upload/mgunew.JPG
i lost copy of this MGU since it was done couple years back, but it was done before and could be done again
Ingenius, Armory Armory v2, Lords of the PingsSuckas, AoC, Green Skulls, DoW, Shadow, MoM, Xenocide, NE, ST, HA, PI, FI, Armada, DC, LoP, AS, Lom, MH, RC
Page
SMR Coder

Post by Page »

LotuS wrote:http://theshantytown.com/upload/mgunew.JPG
i lost copy of this MGU since it was done couple years back, but it was done before and could be done again
Yea, I remember having the goto sector thing there, was pretty useful
Edgecrusher
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Edgecrusher »

Okay, I got it. That's 3 lines of code, will put it in asap.