The Double Standard

Discussions about everything, SMR related or not.
Swagman
Quiet One

Re: The Double Standard

Post by Swagman »

Jester is complaining...

From: Shadow Clone Jutsu (3) Date: 5/6/2009 5:39:12 PM [Report this message to an admin]
You know your alliance is mining up racials right? You should leave and clear those mines.

He wants me to leave and clear my own alliance (all 15 sectors, or 30 stacks total), instead of continuing to clear you.... with your 10 - 15 stack sectors.... all round the 1086 CA (well not 15 stacks now, cos I cleared them all.. hehe) lol
igGy
Quiet One

Post by igGy »

Hmm. I might buy a DC and join the game killers. Then again, trading is fun.
Edgecrusher
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Edgecrusher »

Despite the fact that I think it is really, REALLY wrong to encourage Izzy in anything, I am afraid I must agree with him and others here.

This map, whether you like it or not, invites to racial mining. So will the next because all of you conservatives voted for Purify's map. Protecting your traders is a completely legal strategy. Orca and his gang of merry men did it years ago and then no one complained. If it makes you so upset, then clear the mines again.

Does this cost turns? Yes, but it also takes turns laying them. It's true that Izzy has nothing better to do with his playing time, and that he runs like a sissy whenever you try to catch him mining, but that doesn't make it illegal. Is it a pain in the butt for individual hunters who have no interest in clearing anyone? Yes, it is, but wasn't that the idea?
Does this strategy chase away newbies? Perhaps it did, but we have a newbie game now, as Kiky already mentioned. There isn't a single argument against mining racials, even though we all feel that it is unmoral.

That being said, I have no problems trading in Thevian, so either the racial mining isn't that bad or Izzy is mining the wrong routes.
JettJackson
Fledgling Spam Artist

Post by JettJackson »

i could careless what happens in thevian, im not thevian and i dont hunt there, so go ahead and mine it enjoy the useless mining
Lead: Sesame Street, Rogue Squad

Co-Lead: Suckas, Black Sun Ascending, Wraith Squadron, Fool's Errend, Team Poker, The Phantom Order, Toxic #5

Member of: Team Pup and Suds, Nintendo Power, System Failure, Crusaders, new dawn, Cereal Killers, Armory, Armory V2, _-=`Perfection`=-_, The Guild, Ragnarok, Heimdall, United Rebels, ilLegitimate Basterds

I've seen and done it all
Infinity
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Infinity »

Umm... nothing smart, a? Just repeating. With bad grammar.

It really isn't useless.

I DIED in Thevian! Mines are protecting a newb trying to trade some cash to pay her debt to the alliance!

(you can imagine I have spent quite a lot)

lol
Use The Force(s)!
Jester-
Admin Emeritus

Post by Jester- »

Rofl swag, you seriously posted that? You think I really want you to clear your own pitiful stack of mines in Thevian? If you can't take a "jest" then you should probably just retire?
Infinity
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Infinity »

If its "pitiful" why the 8) are you complaining about it?
Use The Force(s)!
Hobbs
Quiet One

Post by Hobbs »

Infinity wrote:If its "pitiful" why the :o are you complaining about it?
Why are you so defensive about it? Relax and play the game.
What part of lockbox do you not understand!?
JettJackson
Fledgling Spam Artist

Post by JettJackson »

Hobbs wrote:
Infinity wrote:If its "pitiful" why the :o are you complaining about it?
Why are you so defensive about it? Relax and play the game.
she is defensive because we took the spot she wanted and this is her way of complaining, id much rather see action instead of complaining whatever
Lead: Sesame Street, Rogue Squad

Co-Lead: Suckas, Black Sun Ascending, Wraith Squadron, Fool's Errend, Team Poker, The Phantom Order, Toxic #5

Member of: Team Pup and Suds, Nintendo Power, System Failure, Crusaders, new dawn, Cereal Killers, Armory, Armory V2, _-=`Perfection`=-_, The Guild, Ragnarok, Heimdall, United Rebels, ilLegitimate Basterds

I've seen and done it all
Blade
Admin Emeritus

Post by Blade »

Hmmm, sorry forgot what was the point of this topic?
The truth is there, just don't look blindly