The Double Standard

Discussions about everything, SMR related or not.
Izzanods
Quiet One

The Double Standard

Post by Izzanods »

I love trash talking. I love when people hate me since this is a game and most of you aren't my friends, we're just fellow gamers. However, it's pathetic on so many levels that quite a few players are complaining to me about my actions recently.

Let's have a look at reality, shall we?

I've recently decided to make Thevian the land of Izzy. For those of you that have played for a few years, this strategy isn't new. I've completely mass mined racials before and I decided it was time to do it again. Why?

My alliance has numerous high level players who trade in thevian--duh! Also, the game has a few hunters who are pretty good and hunt these players. Duh.

So--what's my point?

Mostly Jester's alliance but quite a few other people are crying that I'm ruining the game by mining a racial. First off, I find it comical that his alliance would say a word when those people are responsible for mass mining the 14x they have. I don't care if it's a racial, neutral or planet galaxy. If you want to defend something, you do it, right? So, why is it ok for some of you to do it but you complain like LITTLE kids when someone else does it? Secondly, sectors have 1-2 stacks, this isnt a full alliance action. If you can't clear 10-20 sectors, then shame on you.

This might not like seem like a big deal but this "problem" is typical of the sort of mentality issues we face in this game. What is good for one group is frowned upon when done by another. While one person gets x punishment for doing A, person y gets B.

Now that Sterling is back, we might decide to mine WQ too. That's because Liberty is also crying now. Tomorrow might be Salvene.
oc12 here, what you playing with slowpoke?
Jester-
Admin Emeritus

Re: The Double Standard

Post by Jester- »

And maybe one day you will get weapons on that DC and fight instead of run like a little girl.
drake
Quiet One

Post by drake »

Over under is 3 on the number of admins who post in this thread before bob shows up to lock it :) any takers?
Izzanods
Quiet One

Post by Izzanods »

You got weapons on your current ship Jester?
oh wait, that a shiny EP you just received.
Don't cry if you can't catch me.
You going to hide in your mines and trade up again? That's pathetic!
Blade
Admin Emeritus

Post by Blade »

There simply is no feasible reason why mass mining racial is good or comparable to mining a route in a planet galaxy, planet galaxy is your turf to defend, mine that to hell and back, it's not a place were newbies join and get the grasps of a game.

It is for whatever reason a game killer.
The truth is there, just don't look blindly
Izzanods
Quiet One

Post by Izzanods »

Blade,
Your quite comical, thank you for posting and making my miserable day brighter. Again, you need to take a step back and read carefully before posting. I've mined 10-12 sectors in thevian with 1-2 stacks. I'm protecting my alliance mates. As for "killing" the game, I think the admins have done a good enough job that I shouldn't be associated with them when it comes to being detrimental to the game. Also, by mining the galaxy slightly, I now have Jester sending his mates here to clear which means a legitimate hot zone of activity. Isn't that what the game needs? Or are we happy with a cpl of 5 and 3 lurkers? Please, tell me.
Blade
Admin Emeritus

Post by Blade »

I simply made a statement I did not name anything or anyone and as for the admins killing the game you need to come out of the 90's because that one is old. Jog on.
The truth is there, just don't look blindly
Colt45
Quiet One

Post by Colt45 »

Woot! Sounds like a party in Thevian!
JettJackson
Fledgling Spam Artist

Post by JettJackson »

id like to know which heimdalls are complaining, we could care less what useless mining you guys are doing, all ur doing is ruining it for newer players who still trade in thevian
Lead: Sesame Street, Rogue Squad

Co-Lead: Suckas, Black Sun Ascending, Wraith Squadron, Fool's Errend, Team Poker, The Phantom Order, Toxic #5

Member of: Team Pup and Suds, Nintendo Power, System Failure, Crusaders, new dawn, Cereal Killers, Armory, Armory V2, _-=`Perfection`=-_, The Guild, Ragnarok, Heimdall, United Rebels, ilLegitimate Basterds

I've seen and done it all
Infinity
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Infinity »

a) there's no new players in thevian (come check)
b) there's a newbie game open, and imagine that, none of us can join it and ruin it (which is a good thing)
c) game is dead one way or the other
d) I died, remember? Like a proper newbie, therefor I need protection

(this is all hilarious to me)
Use The Force(s)!