Simultaneously Ending Games

Discussions about everything, SMR related or not.
Meathead
Quiet One

Simultaneously Ending Games

Post by Meathead »

The newbie game ends June 1st and the main game ends June 14th. How about we bring the ends of these games together? 1st, 7th, 14th, whatever, but wouldn't it be wise to have these end at the same time? Newbies playing in the current newbie game will be left to linger for 2 weeks waiting for the new game to start. Probably not the best scenario for player retention.
drake
Quiet One

Re: Simultaneously Ending Games

Post by drake »

How about you just do away with the newbie game all together since we don't have the player base to support it... and the majority of people playing in it are vets taking advantage of the fact that their user ranking got reset. Activity in classic already sucks, then you gave them the option to play 1.6 and newbie games so they stopped moving in classic altogether.
Meathead
Quiet One

Post by Meathead »

I'm glad Drake agrees.

There is probably 12-16 actual newbies in the newbie game that play regularly. When it ends where are they gonna go? A main game that is loaded with DC's and FU's and mines? How many of them do we lose if their options are that or nothing for them to play?

The training alliance I am running is made up of about 8 actual newbs, and handful of more experienced players learning to lead, a few old vets from years ago that have just returned to the game and a few hard core veteran players. When this newbie game ends they are very eager to get into a new main game and apply what they've learned. The current main game doesn't really offer them much at all at this point.
JettJackson
Fledgling Spam Artist

Post by JettJackson »

yes clearly newbie games havent worked because of how the rankings ended up that we have vets playing as 'newbs'

and yes the games should end and it should be asap
Lead: Sesame Street, Rogue Squad

Co-Lead: Suckas, Black Sun Ascending, Wraith Squadron, Fool's Errend, Team Poker, The Phantom Order, Toxic #5

Member of: Team Pup and Suds, Nintendo Power, System Failure, Crusaders, new dawn, Cereal Killers, Armory, Armory V2, _-=`Perfection`=-_, The Guild, Ragnarok, Heimdall, United Rebels, ilLegitimate Basterds

I've seen and done it all
Edgecrusher
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Edgecrusher »

The newbie games don't work in their current form. Which is why everyone needs to be patient for once. Next game, many vets will be gone. And yes, even then we won't have enough noobs to support a decent gameplay, but if we always use the small playerbase as an excuse to kill any idea, then we may as well quit.

I was asked to join the newbie game to set up an alliance there and train newbs. I do not really hunt actively there, as it would be unfair, but having a vet there certainly helps to organise things. If I could get two or three vet opponents who do the same, even small alliances will have a learning effect.