Next Rounds map

Discussions about everything, SMR related or not.
Jester-
Admin Emeritus

Next Rounds map

Post by Jester- »

How can an admin implement the 2nd place map, when they can easily do puris? Put in the map or I'm not playing. Edge's map will ruin the player base even further, and I for one will not play the map. I know that this is not a big deal for you guys, but I know this map is terrible and will not even waste my time leading an alliance playing it.

Why does an admin always have the say over this map and game when that said admin hardly even plays?

Ridiculous.
Jester-
Admin Emeritus

Re: Next Rounds map

Post by Jester- »

How can you not design a map from his specifications?
This map would have a Major / Minor theme to it.

12x12 Racials.... setup how they were most commonly setup (not sure of port and connectivity numbers but the regular) Alsakant will have less connectivity.
18x18 Major Neutral.... this neutral will have fed and 2 CAs very connective and sparse ports with varying levels.
16x16 Minor Neutral.... this neutral will be less connective have 2 CAs fewer UNOs and no fed. Also sparse ports with varying levels.
8x8 Planet Gals... will have 10 planets sparse ports with only level 1 and level 2 goods..... no locations
4x4 Planet gals... will have 5 planets sparse ports with only level 2 and level 2 goods..... no locations

Total map size 2292 sectors.

I think i need help actually getting % for ports as I have nothing to judge that by.

The goal of this map is choices.... choose a big planet galaxy to build choose a little one..... choose both.... teamup with another team and share. Choose to mine in the planets choose to mine in the neutrals. Directly attack your enemy or attack them through the back door. Park in an obvious galaxy or park in your backdoor galaxy.

PS (Possibly should add a 4th set of planet gals... but am too tired to fix picture)
If you want more sectors just add a 4th set of planet gals like he said. I don't see the issue here? Post what you need and we will help. We don't want a map that will kill the game even further.
Colt45
Quiet One

Post by Colt45 »

Indeed, how hard is it to input a few numbers?
Blade
Admin Emeritus

Post by Blade »

I was not going to comment.. but heh I will.

I dont play because I dont play, what has that got to do with me being admin, I plan to play when 1.6 is up and running, so please do not judge me on how I play to how I admin, as I daily do my admin duties. I log in daily and check many things...

All maps were submitted on the understanding that if they win, they will have to do the full design, as I know that we the admin are getting a little fed up of being chastised for each map we design. Purify was asked a few times to submit his final map design and had plenty of time to do so, and failed.

The admin team do not want to have another witch hunt on their hands because the "mapped sucked" so we opened this to the player base, the players made the maps and the players voted for it, just because you do not like a map does not give anyone president to say it should not be used, it was a close vote and Edge's map came second.

It is not up to the admin team to finish off Purify's map, it was up to him. If we do finish it off and you don't like it I can already see who's fault it would be.
The truth is there, just don't look blindly
Jester-
Admin Emeritus

Post by Jester- »

Then you will have minus many more players than you already have. Congratulations on failing more than usual.
Baalzamon
Destroyer of his own FU

Post by Baalzamon »

Thank you for your understanding of the guidelines of the contest.

And just as a friendly request to the player base, please don't chastise the admin team. We work hard, do our best, and are under constant negativity from the player base for every decision we make. There is no winning a popularity contest as long as you are an admin. The rules of the map contest was outlined specifically and requests were made regarding the winning map. The requests were not met, and so we moved to the next contestant who provided all the information that was requested.
drake
Quiet One

Post by drake »

Jester- wrote:Then you will have minus many more players than you already have. Congratulations on failing more than usual.
Wow rofl, well IF YOU PUT IN PURIS MAP I WON'T PLAY, AND NEITHER WILL MANY OTHERS!. Yeah that's only half sarcastic cause ever since we "voted" with the whopping 30 people that cast votes lol, the fact that puris map won upset more than a few people. It's the same old crap we've been playing for 10 years. You people are so against anything different you don't even want a little variation in the map. Go throw your 2 year old tantrum elsewhere.
Infinity
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Infinity »

It's the same old crap we've been playing for 10 years.
Pure essence, and thank you my friend for wording that for me.

Puri's map is good, no doubt, but it's completely conventional and therefore all of the outcomes are anticipated.

Edge's map combines traditional with some new things. I can, however, understand that Edge's brilliant ideas cannot be understood by just anyone, yes, I HAVE voted for his map, just because it brings some new concepts and some new strategies, while it keeps the traditional hard core alliance play style.

Jester, out of many people, I thought you'd be the one that will have the capability to embrace something new, that's only being added to something conventional, to which all of our habits have grown from.

Now, meditate and open your mind ;)

(I'll give you strategy tips, and no one has to know about it, it shall be our little secret J)
Use The Force(s)!
Freon22
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by Freon22 »

Infinity wrote:Edge's brilliant ideas cannot be understood by just anyone,
Give me a break. :lol: I would not call it brilliant. I also voted for his map, but not because its a great map or anything close to great. Its just the best of the maps that were posted. Purify's map is ok but its just some of the same old, same old. Edgecrusher map is 100% better then the current game so from what is offered and what we have been playing his is the best to try.

So Edgecrusher your map is ok and I hope you don't let the brilliant post go to your head. :D

A side note for you Admin, do what you think is best for the game as a whole. New players and vet players. Not what is best for a few. Do that and thing will turn around. If you try to please only the few then that is what you will end up with.
Meathead
Quiet One

Post by Meathead »

As long as Purify had the opportunity to provide the needed information and did not come through, then I would say moving on to 2nd place was a very logical move. The admins made it very clear this was going to be a player submitted map. I can just see if the admins had "finished" Purify's map, there certainly would have been an outcry of foul from someone. The number of voters on the map is not significant to me. There are two properties at work there. One, most people don't care what map is used, they just want to play the game. Two, usually the vocal minority represent a small minority of the population. The fact is, most people don't care, they just play the game.