New Map issues

Discussions about everything, SMR related or not.
JettJackson
Fledgling Spam Artist

New Map issues

Post by JettJackson »

Due to ongoing interference you are not able to download galactic maps!

^^^ got that when i tried to buy maps at bar, i have plenty of credits and would love to use the money i donated for maps

also thevian has 2 hqs i dont know if there are more, thats all i found so far
Lead: Sesame Street, Rogue Squad

Co-Lead: Suckas, Black Sun Ascending, Wraith Squadron, Fool's Errend, Team Poker, The Phantom Order, Toxic #5

Member of: Team Pup and Suds, Nintendo Power, System Failure, Crusaders, new dawn, Cereal Killers, Armory, Armory V2, _-=`Perfection`=-_, The Guild, Ragnarok, Heimdall, United Rebels, ilLegitimate Basterds

I've seen and done it all
Page
SMR Coder

Re: New Map issues

Post by Page »

I'd assume Spock disabled it, which you were all for last I checked..
Nariis

Post by Nariis »

So far Alskant, Salvene, Thevian, and WQ Human all have two separate HQs in each galaxy. Nijarin only has the standard 1 HQ.
JettJackson
Fledgling Spam Artist

Post by JettJackson »

if i remember correctly we wanted the ability to only happen up until like 3 days in, not not at all!

Co-Lead: Suckas, Black Sun Ascending, Wraith Squadron, Fool's Errend, Team Poker, The Phantom Order, Toxic #5

Member of: Team Pup and Suds, Nintendo Power, System Failure, Crusaders, new dawn, Cereal Killers, Armory, Armory V2, _-=`Perfection`=-_, The Guild, Ragnarok, Heimdall, United Rebels, ilLegitimate Basterds

Edgecrusher
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Edgecrusher »

I don't mean to sound conservative, but isn't putting the main ports in fed protected sectors a bit of a bad idea? I mean, hunting is difficult enough as it is, without people being protected when they sit still.
Blade
Admin Emeritus

Post by Blade »

We are not even 24 hours in JJ and no one agreed on anything when it came to maps, and push comes to shove it's not down to anyone but Spock.
The truth is there, just don't look blindly
Infinity
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Infinity »

Hold on, this all is in the new classic game? Including the bs about newbies not being able to join it?
Use The Force(s)!
Page
SMR Coder

Post by Page »

JettJackson wrote:if i remember correctly we wanted the ability to only happen up until like 3 days in, not not at all!
From what I remember that was thrown out because one of the biggest problems was that someone could buy maps in the first day or so and know where all the good stuff was, totally destroying the need for any kind of exploration and giving them an unfair advantage.

And later in the game the problem was to find out info about ports in planet gals (although you can only do that if you haven't already explored the galaxy)

In regards to the multiple hqs, that's very odd seeing as I'm fairly certain classic generator doesn't give you that option at all.
Freon22
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by Freon22 »

Page wrote:In regards to the multiple hqs, that's very odd seeing as I'm fairly certain classic generator doesn't give you that option at all.
Another thing that suprising is trading ports in Fed sectors. I throught that when you built the array of available sectors for trading ports that the Fed sectors were left out of the query.

Well anyway it does make for a nice little twist.
JettJackson
Fledgling Spam Artist

Post by JettJackson »

Page wrote:
JettJackson wrote:if i remember correctly we wanted the ability to only happen up until like 3 days in, not not at all!
From what I remember that was thrown out because one of the biggest problems was that someone could buy maps in the first day or so and know where all the good stuff was, totally destroying the need for any kind of exploration and giving them an unfair advantage.

And later in the game the problem was to find out info about ports in planet gals (although you can only do that if you haven't already explored the galaxy)

In regards to the multiple hqs, that's very odd seeing as I'm fairly certain classic generator doesn't give you that option at all.
page the beginning of the game i never had a problem with, its middle of the game people buying maps for the sake of finding alliance ports that i always had a problem with. either way im a bit upset that i donated money for the sake of wanting to buy maps for my alliance and instead i cant do that