exp loss to mines death

Discussions about everything, SMR related or not.
silverx2
Quiet One

exp loss to mines death

Post by silverx2 »

i lost about 1/3 of my exp to a single death in mines tonight.

Is that correct? seems really high to me.
i killed orca.
Infinity
Newbie Spam Artist

Re: exp loss to mines death

Post by Infinity »

One third is perfectly correct. Been like that for deaths to ports, planets and forces forever. And yes, it's huge.
Use The Force(s)!
silverx2
Quiet One

Post by silverx2 »

that just seems insane.

i mean i understand you need to prevent people from suiciding against forces during fights, but one misclick and bam 1/3 of your exp gone.
i killed orca.
Infinity
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Infinity »

Yup :/
Use The Force(s)!
Baalzamon
Destroyer of his own FU

Post by Baalzamon »

coming from a person who has died ALOT to mines....I think that this number is fine. Dying to forces is much harder to do then dying to ships. If you die to mines, you must be either really trying to die, or not paying attention to what you're doing at all.
canff
Beta Tester

Post by canff »

Still 1/3ed is to much . 1/4 would be a more even number...but still big..
SpaceSock
Quiet One

Post by SpaceSock »

Baalzamon wrote:coming from a person who has died ALOT to mines....I think that this number is fine. Dying to forces is much harder to do then dying to ships. If you die to mines, you must be either really trying to die, or not paying attention to what you're doing at all.
Or maybe your in the middle of an OP being chased by enemy players with a very specific path to follow. One wrong turn after clearing or an enemy dropping mines on your safe path and your history.
Baalzamon
Destroyer of his own FU

Post by Baalzamon »

SpaceSock wrote:
Baalzamon wrote:coming from a person who has died ALOT to mines....I think that this number is fine. Dying to forces is much harder to do then dying to ships. If you die to mines, you must be either really trying to die, or not paying attention to what you're doing at all.
Or maybe your in the middle of an OP being chased by enemy players with a very specific path to follow. One wrong turn after clearing or an enemy dropping mines on your safe path and your history.
Pay attention. Write down your safe route on a piece of paper you can look at while you move. Scan where you're unsure. Move with someone else.

All this was learned in one op when I went through three pods and three ITMS before we even got to the planet.
Infinity
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Infinity »

Its why some people are better than the other. Why do we all have to be equally good or bad at the game?
Use The Force(s)!
silverx2
Quiet One

Post by silverx2 »

Baalzamon wrote:
SpaceSock wrote:
Pay attention. Write down your safe route on a piece of paper you can look at while you move. Scan where you're unsure. Move with someone else.

All this was learned in one op when I went through three pods and three ITMS before we even got to the planet.
so the only reasoning you have for why you lose the most exp in the game to mines is that it is that way because you have to be really bad or not paying attention for it to happen?

If so that reasoning doesnt sound all that great. It seems more like a griefing method then anything else.

i got hit by 40 mines entering a sector with 4 exits, i was under the impression that the more exits the less the amount of mines would hit you. is that no longer the case?
i killed orca.