Combat Logs

Discussions about everything, SMR related or not.
Page
SMR Coder

Combat Logs

Post by Page »

So lots of people have been complaining about combat code being dodgy and I agree it appears that way. I have looked over it multiple times and been unable to find anything that looks wrong/dodgy.

So what I would like is for people to post logs of fights where things seemed to be weird (note this has to realistically be 3 or more shots to be of much use as a single shot on it's own shows nothing).
I need the log of weapons results (as you'd find in combat logs) and the experience (level preferably) and ships used by each of the people in the combat (although you can change names of people if you want).

If no one has any logs that seem to point to something being wrong I'll have to assume it's all perfect and you're all just bad losers :P
Ender
Quiet One

Re: Combat Logs

Post by Ender »

The whole issue as I see it is that people just dont hit each other, even with insane exp differance's, what is the code? or the equation atleast, also is there a differance with WB acc and hunter ACC, because thats all i can think explains it, if the code is WB hits ports planets fine but not players and Hunters hit players but not ports/planets is that in there?
canff
Beta Tester

Post by canff »

ya the exp diff does not seem to work well.
Siege
Admin Emeritus

Post by Siege »

A few issues..one is that we have to decide how weighted xp should be? I personally think it should be very weighted because..while..why else would I trade all game? What is the current formula Page?

Last game I died in a 200k xp DC vs a 15k xp DM with poor weapons, I understand this happens and tbh I didn't really care.. same thing happened last night..223k xp DC vs a 6k xp DM and there was a shot where he did 647 and I did 0? When I am fighting a guy 27 levels lower then me, I should never hit for 0 even if I am defending on shot, and tbh he should never hit for 647. I get that it's one trigger and a small sample size but over 6 triggers I only seriously outshot him once. Imo this should never be a fair fight. What does he lose if he dies? 1500 xp? I lost 70k ( which usually translates into 7-9 days trading in a psf on a decent route )

What is the current formula Page?

It should be something like (and it might be).. weapon acc = weapon base acc + (trigger lvl - defender lvl) * 1.25... or something with a 3% bonus for being trigger.. in that situation it would put me with a 33.75% acc bonus over the guy, which seems fair to me considering 6k xp isn't even one day of trading and 223k border on a month, and when you factor in what I'm risking.

The 2nd issue is as it stands now it seems the code heavily favors the trigger, which it should a little bit, but not to the extent that it does ( maybe I'm alone on this ). Because you have people like Gheng ( who is in my alliance and my friend ) who win fights just because they are sick fast.. This should be something that helps decide really close fights, not single handedly decide a fight.
Member of far too many to name, here are the main ones : The Edge, The Forsaken, S.P.A.M. , Anla'Shok, Horsemen of the Apocalypse.

Lead/colead : The Edge, Adult Swim, EPIC, Quiot Riot, Cereal Killers.
Freon22
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by Freon22 »

This is the combat code that I got from Curufi, not sure if Page is still using this code.

Code: Select all

$hit = $weapon_accuracy + $attacker_level - (*$defender_level * 0.5); 
$rand = (mt_rand(0,100) + mt_rand(0,100)) * 0.5; 
if($rand > $hit) { 
// They have missed 
}
I have ran this code, well I redid wrote it in C# and ran it. It seem to work very good, I am not sure if php uses the server time at salt or not. This may have something to do with it.

For those of you who doesn't know what the code is doing heres a how it works. It takes the weapon base accuracy and adds it to your level. So take a weapon with an accuracy of 35 and if your level is 35 that give you a total of 70. If the player you are attacking is level 20 and you times that by .5 you get 10 then take that away from 70 and now your weapon has an accuracy of 60. The next line just does two random from 0 to 100 so if the first random returns 45 and the next random returns 60 you have a total of 105 times that by .5 for a total of 52.5

35 + 35 - (20 * .5 ) = 60

(45 + 60) = 105 * .5 = 52.5

since 60 is larger then 52.5 this weapon has hit its target.
JettJackson
Fledgling Spam Artist

Post by JettJackson »

Siege wrote:A few issues..one is that we have to decide how weighted xp should be? I personally think it should be very weighted because..while..why else would I trade all game? What is the current formula Page?

Last game I died in a 200k xp DC vs a 15k xp DM with poor weapons, I understand this happens and tbh I didn't really care.. same thing happened last night..223k xp DC vs a 6k xp DM and there was a shot where he did 647 and I did 0? When I am fighting a guy 27 levels lower then me, I should never hit for 0 even if I am defending on shot, and tbh he should never hit for 647. I get that it's one trigger and a small sample size but over 6 triggers I only seriously outshot him once. Imo this should never be a fair fight. What does he lose if he dies? 1500 xp? I lost 70k ( which usually translates into 7-9 days trading in a psf on a decent route )

What is the current formula Page?

It should be something like (and it might be).. weapon acc = weapon base acc + (trigger lvl - defender lvl) * 1.25... or something with a 3% bonus for being trigger.. in that situation it would put me with a 33.75% acc bonus over the guy, which seems fair to me considering 6k xp isn't even one day of trading and 223k border on a month, and when you factor in what I'm risking.

The 2nd issue is as it stands now it seems the code heavily favors the trigger, which it should a little bit, but not to the extent that it does ( maybe I'm alone on this ). Because you have people like Gheng ( who is in my alliance and my friend ) who win fights just because they are sick fast.. This should be something that helps decide really close fights, not single handedly decide a fight.
Trust me since this has been added my kill/death ratio has gone up substantially because I am not afraid to fire, those who don't fire wont win, because of the way the kill shot is setup that if you fire it and kill you dont get fired upon. It is a clear advantage to those that are fast and fire. As much as we all agreed that we didn't want double pods, I honestly would rather have them back, just to balance this issue.

As for combat logs

Sector 1508
22/12/2010 1:40:50 AM

Attacker Results

DeliriumTrigger (75) fires their Holy Hand Grenade at Siege (50) and misses.
DeliriumTrigger (75) fires their Large Pulse Laser at Siege (50) destroying 60 shields.
DeliriumTrigger (75) fires their Large Pulse Laser at Siege (50) destroying 60 shields.
DeliriumTrigger (75) fires their Creonti "Big Daddy" at Siege (50) and misses.
DeliriumTrigger (75)launches 15 combat drones at Siege (50)destroying 30 shields.
DeliriumTrigger (75) hits for a total of 210 damage in this round of combat.

This fleet hits for a total of 210 damage in this round of combat.

Defender Results

Siege (50) fires their WQ Human Shield Vaporizer at DeliriumTrigger (75) and misses.
Siege (50) fires their WQ Human Shield Vaporizer at DeliriumTrigger (75) and misses.
Siege (50) fires their Photon Torpedo at DeliriumTrigger (75) which is deflected by their shields.
Siege (50) fires their Photon Torpedo at DeliriumTrigger (75) which is deflected by their shields.
Siege (50) fires their Nuke at DeliriumTrigger (75) and misses.
Siege (50)launches 26 combat drones at DeliriumTrigger (75)destroying 52 shields.
Siege (50) hits for a total of 52 damage in this round of combat.

This fleet hits for a total of 52 damage in this round of combat.

Sector 1508
22/12/2010 1:41:03 AM

Attacker Results

DeliriumTrigger (75) fires their Holy Hand Grenade at Siege (50) destroying 300 shields.
DeliriumTrigger (75) fires their Large Pulse Laser at Siege (50) destroying 28 shields.
DeliriumTrigger (75) fires their Large Pulse Laser at Siege (50) and misses.
DeliriumTrigger (75) fires their Creonti "Big Daddy" at Siege (50) destroying 83 combat drones.
DeliriumTrigger (75)launches 5 combat drones at Siege (50)destroying 1 combat drones and 7 plates of armour.
DeliriumTrigger (75) hits for a total of 647 damage in this round of combat.

This fleet hits for a total of 647 damage in this round of combat.

Defender Results

Siege (50) fires their Photon Torpedo at DeliriumTrigger (75) and misses.
Siege (50) fires their Photon Torpedo at DeliriumTrigger (75) and misses.
Siege (50) fires their Nuke at DeliriumTrigger (75) and misses.
Siege (50) does no damage this round. Maybe they should go back to the academy.

This fleet does no damage this round. You call that a fleet? They need a better recruiter.
Lead: Sesame Street, Rogue Squad

Co-Lead: Suckas, Black Sun Ascending, Wraith Squadron, Fool's Errend, Team Poker, The Phantom Order, Toxic #5

Member of: Team Pup and Suds, Nintendo Power, System Failure, Crusaders, new dawn, Cereal Killers, Armory, Armory V2, _-=`Perfection`=-_, The Guild, Ragnarok, Heimdall, United Rebels, ilLegitimate Basterds

I've seen and done it all
JettJackson
Fledgling Spam Artist

Post by JettJackson »

couple more btw . had 6k at this point delerium had 15k and crusher was over 75k

Attacker Results

. (180) fires their WQ Human Shield Vaporizer at Crusher (32) and misses.
. (180) fires their WQ Human Shield Vaporizer at Crusher (32) destroying 200 shields.
. (180) fires their Planetary Pulse Laser at Crusher (32) destroying 20 shields.
. (180) fires their Human Photon Torpedo at Crusher (32) destroying 150 plates of armour.
. (180) fires their Human Photon Torpedo at Crusher (32) destroying 150 plates of armour.
. (180)launches 24 combat drones at Crusher (32)destroying 48 plates of armour.
. (180) hits for a total of 718 damage in this round of combat.

DeliriumTrigger (75) fires their Holy Hand Grenade at Crusher (32) and misses.
DeliriumTrigger (75) fires their Large Pulse Laser at Crusher (32) destroying 60 plates of armour.
DeliriumTrigger (75) fires their Large Pulse Laser at Crusher (32) and misses.
DeliriumTrigger (75) fires their Large Pulse Laser at Crusher (32) destroying 60 plates of armour.
DeliriumTrigger (75) fires their Creonti "Big Daddy" at Crusher (32) destroying 250 plates of armour.
DeliriumTrigger (75) fires their Creonti "Big Daddy" at Crusher (32) and misses.
DeliriumTrigger (75)launches 21 combat drones at Crusher (32)destroying 42 plates of armour.
DeliriumTrigger (75) hits for a total of 412 damage in this round of combat.

This fleet hits for a total of 1130 damage in this round of combat.

Defender Results

Crusher (32) fires their Nijarin Ion Phaser Beam at DeliriumTrigger (75) destroying 130 shields.
Crusher (32) fires their Nijarin Ion Phaser Beam at . (180) destroying 130 shields.
Crusher (32) fires their Nijarin Ion Phaser Beam at DeliriumTrigger (75) destroying 130 shields.
Crusher (32) fires their Nijarin Ion Disrupter at . (180) destroying 80 shields.
Crusher (32) fires their Nijarin Ion Disrupter at DeliriumTrigger (75) destroying 80 shields.
Crusher (32) fires their Planetary Pulse Laser at . (180) and misses.
Crusher (32) fires their Creonti "Big Daddy" at . (180) which is deflected by their shields.
Crusher (32) fires their Creonti "Big Daddy" at . (180) which is deflected by their shields.
Crusher (32) hits for a total of 550 damage in this round of combat.

This fleet hits for a total of 550 damage in this round of combat.

Sector 1609
22/12/2010 1:53:13 AM

Attacker Results

. (180) fires their WQ Human Shield Vaporizer at Crusher (32) and misses.
. (180) fires their WQ Human Shield Vaporizer at Crusher (32) which washes harmlessly over their hull.
. (180) fires their Planetary Pulse Laser at Crusher (32) and misses.
. (180) fires their Human Photon Torpedo at Crusher (32) and misses.
. (180) fires their Human Photon Torpedo at Crusher (32) and misses.
. (180)launches 2 combat drones at Crusher (32)destroying 4 plates of armour.
. (180) hits for a total of 154 damage in this round of combat.

DeliriumTrigger (75) fires their Holy Hand Grenade at Crusher (32) and misses.
DeliriumTrigger (75) fires their Large Pulse Laser at Crusher (32) and misses.
DeliriumTrigger (75) fires their Creonti "Big Daddy" at Crusher (32) destroying 250 plates of armour.
DeliriumTrigger (75) fires their Creonti "Big Daddy" at Crusher (32) and misses.
DeliriumTrigger (75)launches 15 combat drones at Crusher (32)destroying 30 plates of armour.
DeliriumTrigger (75) hits for a total of 400 damage in this round of combat.

This fleet hits for a total of 554 damage in this round of combat.

Defender Results

Crusher (32) fires their Nijarin Ion Phaser Beam at DeliriumTrigger (75) and misses.
Crusher (32) fires their Nijarin Ion Disrupter at . (180) and misses.
Crusher (32) fires their Nijarin Ion Disrupter at DeliriumTrigger (75) and misses.
Crusher (32) fires their Planetary Pulse Laser at . (180) and misses.
Crusher (32) fires their Creonti "Big Daddy" at . (180) and misses.
Crusher (32) fires their Creonti "Big Daddy" at DeliriumTrigger (75) and misses.
Crusher (32) hits for a total of 260 damage in this round of combat.

This fleet hits for a total of 260 damage in this round of combat.

I am sure others can post shots too.
Lead: Sesame Street, Rogue Squad

Co-Lead: Suckas, Black Sun Ascending, Wraith Squadron, Fool's Errend, Team Poker, The Phantom Order, Toxic #5

Member of: Team Pup and Suds, Nintendo Power, System Failure, Crusaders, new dawn, Cereal Killers, Armory, Armory V2, _-=`Perfection`=-_, The Guild, Ragnarok, Heimdall, United Rebels, ilLegitimate Basterds

I've seen and done it all
Siege
Admin Emeritus

Post by Siege »

Siege (50) fires their WQ Human Shield Vaporizer at AjnachakrA (163) and misses.
Siege (50) fires their WQ Human Shield Vaporizer at AjnachakrA (163) and misses.
Siege (50) fires their Photon Torpedo at AjnachakrA (163) and misses.
Siege (50) fires their Photon Torpedo at AjnachakrA (163) which is deflected by their shields.
Siege (50) fires their Nuke at AjnachakrA (163) which is deflected by their shields.
Siege (50)launches 36 combat drones at AjnachakrA (163)destroying 72 shields.
Siege (50) hits for a total of 72 damage in this round of combat.

This fleet hits for a total of 72 damage in this round of combat.

Siege (50) fires their Photon Torpedo at AjnachakrA (163) which is deflected by their shields.
Siege (50) fires their Nuke at AjnachakrA (163) and misses.
Siege (50)launches 54 combat drones at AjnachakrA (163)destroying 108 shields.
Siege (50) hits for a total of 108 damage in this round of combat.

This fleet hits for a total of 108 damage in this round of combat.

Siege (50) fires their Nuke at AjnachakrA (163) which is deflected by their shields.
Siege (50)launches 41 combat drones at AjnachakrA (163)destroying 36 shields and 46 plates of armour.
Siege (50) hits for a total of 82 damage in this round of combat.

This fleet hits for a total of 82 damage in this round of combat.

Siege (50) fires their WQ Human Shield Vaporizer at AjnachakrA (163) which washes harmlessly over their hull.
Siege (50) fires their Nuke at AjnachakrA (163) and misses.
Siege (50)launches 32 combat drones at AjnachakrA (163)destroying 64 plates of armour.
Siege (50) hits for a total of 64 damage in this round of combat.

This fleet hits for a total of 64 damage in this round of combat.

First 4 shots against a lvl 19 PSF with me as trigger at level 33.. took me 7 shots to kill him.
Member of far too many to name, here are the main ones : The Edge, The Forsaken, S.P.A.M. , Anla'Shok, Horsemen of the Apocalypse.

Lead/colead : The Edge, Adult Swim, EPIC, Quiot Riot, Cereal Killers.
Edgecrusher
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Edgecrusher »

Page, I do not want to make this more difficult, but there is no way in hell that even three shots is going to be statistically significant. We will need hundreds of shots to say anything useful. That being said, I also have the impression that xp difference is slightly off.

As to JJ's plea: I really like the last shot being the most important, as it finally enables us hunters (at least the daring ones - Gheng and me are the only ones left but he's a :P) to take on warbirds. So keep it in please.
Infinity
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Infinity »

So keep it in please.
Use The Force(s)!