Do you remember when?

Discussions about everything, SMR related or not.
Grey Death
Admin Emeritus

Re: Do you remember when?

Post by Grey Death »

Welcome back,
I don't play much atm, been busy playing a castle building type game.
Grey Death
Leader TLS and former War leader KAOS
-A conquered people should know when the are conquered!
Anonymous Roman General
SFP1970

Post by SFP1970 »

I haven't played that much either, just been back for few days. Don't know yet how active I end up to be, depends quite a lot of this real life thing I seem to have, at least occasionally. And ofcourse about the game itself and the people playing it, as usual.

Haven't really found myself another game after TDZK went down. Tried couple, latest beeing Astro Empires, but there was something in it that didn't really make it my game. One thing might be that fact that even though it was advertised to be a free game, by paying a volunteer membership you would get advantages over those players that do not pay. In my books that is not a free game.

Anyway, hopefully I find myself that next game that will keep me hooked for the next few years. ;)
It's only money and XP!
DarthNihilus
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by DarthNihilus »

An alliance that shall remain nameless made an attack into the enemies galaxy and found them selves locked in by the whole enemy alliance sitting on the warp. It was a standoff that last a week at least.
...... cursed be he that keepeth back his sword from blood.
LDedric

Post by LDedric »

Imhotep wrote:A special "remember when" link:
http://www.cubitdesigns.com/yellow/

Yellow Moon team webpage. Why is this in my bookmarks at all, much less still today, I have no clue! I was never in YM :) I knew all these merchants in time though. Nice old school stories in there, and an application to join.

heh I am Lord Dedric, I just recently returned *I'm not telling you who I am in game though* and I remember all the fun in yellowmoon, I joined once Nighthawk and Freebird stopped playing.

Here are a few of my old SM Memories.
I built a hidden 14x trade route on what looked like a 2x3x3x1x route will Dixie ran across it on a freak accident dodging mines, then HOA leveled it and my planet next to it, ya they got me sleeping on it too :P

I remember setting up the "1st" HOA PR jump kill that killed like 6 people. We were going to do it again but had too few turns.
I can remember fett begin the 1st person to pod me, and after talking to him I was rather unappreciative tword him and his mates. 3 Games later I actually podded him. So the score is roughly fett 25 pods to my 1. I however take more pride in my 1 than his 25 as I killed him in a thief as he was returning to uno after killing someone else in a DC and forgot to recloak himself. I was so happy I even sent him a message that directed him to a site that played taps for him :P

I also remember when race ships came out, and I went crentoi every time for that leviathan, man I used to love that ship. Now getting funds is way way too easy, no challenge and everyone can get into a big ship rather fast. If I were to say to change anything I'd say do an overhaul on the income players and alliances can get. Make 10 mil seem to be a lot of money, reduce the multiplier by about 1/10 of what it is now.

I can remember the 1st time I got into an expensive ship and how proud I was for earning it. (PSF)

I actually only left once the mine wars hit, I played though 1 full game and started another but mineing sectors for me was simply no fun.
Blade
Admin Emeritus

Post by Blade »

Freebird was about until not so long ago.
The truth is there, just don't look blindly
Remlak
Beta Tester

Post by Remlak »

I remember Crector :D

Come on, it was fun to read :D
Target
Quiet One

Post by Target »

Remlak wrote:I remember Crector :D

Come on, it was fun to read :D
really...

i guess it was only a matter of time until someone mentioned him
Edgecrusher
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Edgecrusher »

Was MM still leading HoA at that time? I remember having huge respect for those guys until I grew capable enough to start picking them off at uno during fleet actions. Then I was bombarded with curses that were so creative they'll get through the spam filter and most of them turned out to be bad losers.
Siege
Admin Emeritus

Post by Siege »

I remember busting the inside port of Jesters alliance built route with Adult Swim and Ammon disconnecting on the kill shot and getting 375 mil from the port, sitting in the middle of Nintendo Powers planet gal in a decloaked DC top 10 in xp ( at a time when that meant something ) with 375 mil on board and us guarding him for 4 hours until it was 5 AM est and eventually we needed to get it over with, booting and killing him. Me and Kah taking a week long ban for it (me for making the decision as leader of the alliance, and Kah for getting the kill). Was a crazy long thread about it that was probably really entertaining, but can't seem to find it on the webboard.

Later that same game I remember busting Nintendo Powers bonder and getting 22 cream and sitting over the rock for almost 24 hours waiting for the 1 billion $$ bond to mature, winning one fleet fight against 13-14 more NP ships but almost everyone dying on both sides just minutes before bond maturity, I think by the end of that 24 hour escapade I counted that there was 85 pods given out, ~65 belonging to NP and their hard work getting their 1 billion back.

I remember in My1 being in HoA and getting our one rock busted by Ragnarok/Heimdall and only having 6-7 online against their 13-15 ships, although we had 18+ ships on rock at that time you weren't launched from rock when busted you defended and shot back from the planet, so you were at a huge disadvantage not being able to trigger and them being able to UNO like regular planet shots..But coming up with the idea that we boot the owner of the planet so that when it was destroyed we were all launched from rock (kindof a loophole) catching Rag and Heimdall totally off guard and killing most of them ( and rightfully so, I think this was the first time this maneuver had ever been used in a real op situation )..

I remember the game that Imhotep lead Armada with a stacked line up of vets and having an epic fleet fight in some gal with tons of mines and basically getting cornered in ( don't know what alliance we were against ), was one of the best battles of wits and quickest decisions I have seen in SM/SMR history yet with whole fleets of 10+ people moving so quickly and strategically you'd think it was a just 2 hunters duking it out. Eventually we were pinned in a gal and picked off..wish I could remember who that was against so I could give them proper kudos.
Member of far too many to name, here are the main ones : The Edge, The Forsaken, S.P.A.M. , Anla'Shok, Horsemen of the Apocalypse.

Lead/colead : The Edge, Adult Swim, EPIC, Quiot Riot, Cereal Killers.
Chocolate Bunny

Post by Chocolate Bunny »

Whoa .... I can't believe SMR is still going on. Great job, guys, keeping the SM legacy still alive :clap: Hard to believe how long it has been, what? 13, 14 years since the original SM began?

Good thing getting some news from so many old timers: Estoy, Nazgul, Cowboy, GD, Siege, SFPerkele, Imohtep, Pickles, etc., and so many great memories: the 1 shield trick, TU vs SM, EE vs The rebellion, the 1rst lvl 70 PB, the mine wars, Speef's death, sector 1501, the 500k club, Zmaniac solo alliance, the water pistol, etc., etc., etc., even Crector´s pathetically ridiculous "umbiased reports" are now a funny memento ... and of course the unique and irrepetible flame wars!!! :mrgreen:

Sad to know that Red Dwarf died. Old traders never die, they just go back to FedHQ to get a brand new SW :angel:
BTW... I always wondered if Hyperion got better; I hope, so.

After TDZK went down, I assumed that was it for the SM legacy, but I am glad there is still a SM shrine going on. Good luck, guys; I hope you will still be here next time I jump to say hello.

Chocolate Bunny
Long time retired SM/TDZK player
Former member of Paranoid Bunnies, Willowtrance, Anla'shok, SPAM, Bounty Hunters Guild, Maelstrom, etc., etc., etc. ... and KAOS: best alliance ever!