Do you remember when?

Discussions about everything, SMR related or not.
Jester-
Admin Emeritus

Re: Do you remember when?

Post by Jester- »

Elvis Fett, Amazonia and Tigh ;) Oh and 4r2 woot

How about Red Dwarf Mining Co, Warlock and a certain HQ Planet ;)
Blade
Admin Emeritus

Post by Blade »

Red passed away few years back RIP old friend
The truth is there, just don't look blindly
RCK
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by RCK »

finally someone i remember :P

Though he wasnt playing as much when i started i dont think.... remember him on the cpl though
Dread Pirate Roberts
Quiet One

Post by Dread Pirate Roberts »

Jester- wrote:Remember Dragon, cnh-, and Skarlet?

How about Malthius and the shadowguild gang?
Cnh- came back for awhile a few years back. So did Skarlet I think. I still occasionally talk to Cnh- (not so much lately), Cnh- was the :D. Maybe I'll drop her a line and see if she won't come back again.
If you can't beat em, ban em!
Grey Death
Admin Emeritus

Post by Grey Death »

I still occaisonally talk to Dragone via email...I think he is still in the military.
Grey Death
Leader TLS and former War leader KAOS
-A conquered people should know when the are conquered!
Anonymous Roman General
Jester-
Admin Emeritus

Post by Jester- »

Dragone and dragon are different ;)

I know it's sad about red he was sick fo ra w hile :(

Speaking of which I miss Thorfin Skyrider. He was homey back in the day.

Also BlueMax is the man he trained me in Newbie Game 1 ;)

Oh and nazguul!!! I loved that game where he led. I think it was newbie game 3.
Kard
Beta Tester

Post by Kard »

I remember the old SM newbie games and how active they were, and competetive they were. How everyone had multi accounts back then lol. I remember when Spock use to PLAY in SM newbie games every round, and always was in top 10 for exp, and was in a top aliance.

I remember when SMR was first being created, after SM callapse. During the Beta, I had a Fed Ult, that I died in 3 times, and never blew up. I never took a pod ride home. I posted how I always keep my Fed Ult after I die. That ship loved me and didnt want to let go lol.

I remember when TF ruled SMR with an iron fist for a bunch of rounds. We were all trying to take them out.

I remember the round Shadow won. HOA reformed, and TE, and all TE did was port raid for exp because the exp was insane. Deke was back that round and was leading the game in exp with a great route that was mostly in fed sectors. Me, Helix, and Orca set a trap for him, and waited over an hour scaning. We sprung the trap, only to kill his protege, Bender, the 2nd highest exp. I remember going on vacation for a week, and while I was away HOA busted the planet I was on. Our guys chased them off, and re-mined. But I was in open space above our planet for a week in my DC. When I got back, everyone was like "THER YOU ARE! LAND ALREADY!". I remember leading 12 guys to counter FI when they tried to bust our planet that was right next to the warp that lead to Alskant. The end of that round, we had the most kills, most exp, one massive ass minefield designed by Orca of course. Planets in TE territory that we hunted from and used to clear TE minefield daily.

And what could be one of the times I laughed the hardest, a few rounds later, where Ender, did one of his typical suicide on a port 50 times and quit the game tantrums. I was in chat and was like, why does ender always do that, Im glad I dont ever play with him. Then someone in TE says "Why is he doing this? Yesterday he posted on the aliance message board about how hes a true edger, and all these new players dont know what it means to be a true edge, with integrity, and dedicationr". Then another person from TE goes "SHUT UP! thats the aliance message board, its private!". It seems minor, but at the time, I was dieing. For some reason its something that always sticks in my mind and make me laugh.

I could go on forever with memories, and I didnt even play in the SM vet games, nor have I even play SMR Sinice the first HoF reset(except one game).
Jester-
Admin Emeritus

Post by Jester- »

Hahahha Kard that's classic. I remember all those, and <3 TE
N.ator
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by N.ator »

i remember when the game was fun!

i remember when we would scan the same sector for hours at a time, clicking F5..

I remember i was leader of crusaders college and we had 3 billion dollars, and died with 1 billion on my ship to a crusader guy.

I remember when me and benn tag teamed and killed orca.

I remember tradding to 498k, almost getting spooky (first time ever) and orca killed me.

good times :D
ImageImage
Jester-
Admin Emeritus

Post by Jester- »

The game is still fun, just lose some umph with loss of player base. The part I don't like is the insta gang bang 4+ people on with 1 person clearing. We need to even the game out a bit for single players or low active alliances.