Do you remember when?

Discussions about everything, SMR related or not.
Jester-
Admin Emeritus

Re: Do you remember when?

Post by Jester- »

back when games would have over 2k registered users :D
Imhotep
Quiet One

Post by Imhotep »

I remember Warlock and TF and most of the HOA people, and having a spy in HOA but never telling them who :) I remember eventually joining HOA. I led an alliance. I can't believe anyone joined. My dog died busting Catonia's planet in whatever game that was when TF and Rag teamed up for a bit. I haven't played in like forever, but I keep coming back every year to check the damn message board...

Word up SMRers!

No, I am not playing or coming back, don't ask.
Blade
Admin Emeritus

Post by Blade »

Hey Imo, nice to see you still stop by!
The truth is there, just don't look blindly
Imhotep
Quiet One

Post by Imhotep »

A special "remember when" link:
http://www.cubitdesigns.com/yellow/

Yellow Moon team webpage. Why is this in my bookmarks at all, much less still today, I have no clue! I was never in YM :) I knew all these merchants in time though. Nice old school stories in there, and an application to join.
LotuS
Beta Tester

Post by LotuS »

I remember when Immy was so cool he would come back!
Ingenius, Armory Armory v2, Lords of the PingsSuckas, AoC, Green Skulls, DoW, Shadow, MoM, Xenocide, NE, ST, HA, PI, FI, Armada, DC, LoP, AS, Lom, MH, RC
paradox_u235

Post by paradox_u235 »

Funny coincidence this topic. I was just remebering when Elvis Fett got me into playing SM back in '99.
On a whim I searched for "Space Merchant" in my favorite search engine, Dogpile.
The next thing I know I'm creating a login and signing up for the Intimidator game. :)

My favorite memory is when Elvis Fett came out of 'retirement' to form an alliance to pod Speef in his SMS.
Speef wasn't online at the time and was predictably upset when he logged in in the morning.
He hunted us all down and podded us in turn that same day. I still get a chuckle when I remember how mad he got. :lol:
KNOWN ALIASES: CNV-301, Soul Of Flame, Soul Of Fire, Blood Mage, and Storm Wolf
Wizard64
Quiet One

Post by Wizard64 »

Wow this thread brings back a lot of good old memories....a little scary that i really do remember a lot of the events and people posted in here. Kind of makes me want to give the game another go...*goes back into hiding* maybe i'll pop into chat one of these days...
Kuwl
Beta Tester

Post by Kuwl »

Do you remember when I used to play? :D Man, it was definately interesting reading all the posts and having SMR flashbacks! F5ing the sector just waiting... playing on a 56k modem and watching those with cable just run laps around me. Upgrading to a cable modem just to have the germans run laps around me lol. Not sure how you still do it... but do you remember using mIRC to do a PB? It is amazing half the ops I ran or was apart of even worked with that type of communication.

I've thought about coming back a few times here and there... just can never muster up the want enough. Hope everyone is doing well!
Need a good computer or good gaming server? Visit http://www.frozen-tech.net
JettJackson
Fledgling Spam Artist

Post by JettJackson »

i remember when kuwl played, maybe he should again...
Lead: Sesame Street, Rogue Squad

Co-Lead: Suckas, Black Sun Ascending, Wraith Squadron, Fool's Errend, Team Poker, The Phantom Order, Toxic #5

Member of: Team Pup and Suds, Nintendo Power, System Failure, Crusaders, new dawn, Cereal Killers, Armory, Armory V2, _-=`Perfection`=-_, The Guild, Ragnarok, Heimdall, United Rebels, ilLegitimate Basterds

I've seen and done it all
Siege
Admin Emeritus

Post by Siege »

I remember waking up at 6 AM to play before school, playing during lunch at school, racing home after school to play until my parents sent me to bed, sneaking out of bed to play..

This was all before I was 13 years old.
Member of far too many to name, here are the main ones : The Edge, The Forsaken, S.P.A.M. , Anla'Shok, Horsemen of the Apocalypse.

Lead/colead : The Edge, Adult Swim, EPIC, Quiot Riot, Cereal Killers.