Well.. what you think?

Discussions about everything, SMR related or not.
LotuS
Beta Tester

Re: Well.. what you think?

Post by LotuS »

i dont know what to say other than i dont play cc and wont because it is so boring, ridiculous, and agreivatingly annoying to do any simple task that i have sworne it off and it makes me want to vomit every time i even look at its name to consider playing it.

As for the fast game I am enjoting trading.
Ingenius, Armory Armory v2, Lords of the PingsSuckas, AoC, Green Skulls, DoW, Shadow, MoM, Xenocide, NE, ST, HA, PI, FI, Armada, DC, LoP, AS, Lom, MH, RC
El_Guapo
Quiet One

Post by El_Guapo »

I do like the planets scattered about the main galaxy in CC.
JettJackson
Fledgling Spam Artist

Post by JettJackson »

I am just going to amplify some things here, the CC map has many flaws which have already gone into. Anyone who thinks that there are more players in CC other than it being the top map, are wrong, newbs pick whatever is on top, why do you think alot of them go alskant. And lastly pages/seldums analysis of the games are spot on. And yes page 1.5 shunted any strategists that were left in the game, and to force everyone to play back like that is not best for the game.
Lead: Sesame Street, Rogue Squad

Co-Lead: Suckas, Black Sun Ascending, Wraith Squadron, Fool's Errend, Team Poker, The Phantom Order, Toxic #5

Member of: Team Pup and Suds, Nintendo Power, System Failure, Crusaders, new dawn, Cereal Killers, Armory, Armory V2, _-=`Perfection`=-_, The Guild, Ragnarok, Heimdall, United Rebels, ilLegitimate Basterds

I've seen and done it all
Ender
Quiet One

Post by Ender »

Out of the two games I prefer CC, it reminds of the good old days, ok activity is poore over both games but for making me think its CC, the only thing i dislike is Ikky had by far the best cash routes and WQ by far the best EXP at the start of the round, this could be fixed by a better map planner.

The fast game is pretty rubbish, I play CC and if i fancy it ill go and trade in INT
Jester-
Admin Emeritus

Post by Jester- »

Maps are fine, issue is players. There needs to be about 200 more active players to the database for SMR to be fun again. Advertise, then ask and answer the above questions.
Blade
Admin Emeritus

Post by Blade »

We plan on advertising, once we have the look of the game a little more up to date, I feel if we advertise now people will not give the game a chance beause it looks like something out of the Millenium and not 2010.
The truth is there, just don't look blindly
Kahless_
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Kahless_ »

Better to start advertising now while there is still some players than to wait and have things looking up to date with no players.

Can't dress mutton up as lamb. A game facelift is like a push up bra.. You're excited until you realise whats really underneath all the shiny up to date interface. SMR IS a game from the last millenium. You can't hide that and you can't fool people forever. I reckon you're better off playing into that retro vibe, push the history of the game rather than trying to pass it off as some you-beaut modern fancy game..cause it isn't..and it can't compete on that level with the games that are..

Hell..people still played MUDs when there were games way more advanced out there..can't argue that it was because the interface was all modern..it was because they were fun..Now you need to rely on the same type of crowd that enjoyed playing MUDs when they could have been, i dunno, playing Space Merchant.

So yea, stop making excuses and start advertising now and do the updates as you go...=)

Btw - jester is right - maps are fine, just that there is no one to make them work. Even the best map can be made crap with a lack of activity and even the worst map can be awesome with heaps of activity.
JettJackson
Fledgling Spam Artist

Post by JettJackson »

Blade wrote:We plan on advertising, once we have the look of the game a little more up to date, I feel if we advertise now people will not give the game a chance beause it looks like something out of the Millenium and not 2010.
waiting is foolish, and the updates aren't critical to major gameplay, no massive overhalls its simply foolish

Co-Lead: Suckas, Black Sun Ascending, Wraith Squadron, Fool's Errend, Team Poker, The Phantom Order, Toxic #5

Member of: Team Pup and Suds, Nintendo Power, System Failure, Crusaders, new dawn, Cereal Killers, Armory, Armory V2, _-=`Perfection`=-_, The Guild, Ragnarok, Heimdall, United Rebels, ilLegitimate Basterds

Blade
Admin Emeritus

Post by Blade »

JettJackson wrote:
Blade wrote:We plan on advertising, once we have the look of the game a little more up to date, I feel if we advertise now people will not give the game a chance beause it looks like something out of the Millenium and not 2010.
waiting is foolish, and the updates aren't critical to major gameplay, no massive overhalls its simply foolish
It's posts like this that cause waves out of ripples, fair point on the advertising but no where in what I said did it say we are doing any kind of "massive" overhaul. I was simply saying the interface which I know a player is working hard on as we speak. Right now we dont need people thinking 1.5 actions are coming and cause a panic that gameplay is going to change, the game will pretty much play as it is with small updates to bugs and iron out glitches.

So lets not put words in the mouths of the admins.

We will however start looking in to advertising.
The truth is there, just don't look blindly
JettJackson
Fledgling Spam Artist

Post by JettJackson »

Blade wrote:
JettJackson wrote:
It's posts like this that cause waves out of ripples, fair point on the advertising but no where in what I said did it say we are doing any kind of "massive" overhaul. I was simply saying the interface which I know a player is working hard on as we speak. Right now we dont need people thinking 1.5 actions are coming and cause a panic that gameplay is going to change, the game will pretty much play as it is with small updates to bugs and iron out glitches.

So lets not put words in the mouths of the admins.

We will however start looking in to advertising.
blade you misread what i meant, i meant that there is no massive overhauls coming, and that waiting would be foolish if the updates are cosmetic to the game