Well.. what you think?

Discussions about everything, SMR related or not.
Page
SMR Coder

Re: Well.. what you think?

Post by Page »

Well the cosmetic changes are actually a pretty major overhaul of a lot of stuff ;)
Jester-
Admin Emeritus

Post by Jester- »

I love you page.

I want to make a commercial with your name and a pun with a page turning.

Something like "Play smr and turn a Page into your new gaming experience." It's good right?
El_Guapo
Quiet One

Post by El_Guapo »

playing CC is like playing on the beta server....
JettJackson
Fledgling Spam Artist

Post by JettJackson »

so we not going to promote the game then? because the game is down to maybe 50 players if that, how much lower does it need to go before we promote the game, trust me I understand that there are some changes coming, but I think we cant wait much longer, or else we will be changing and promoting an empty game.

Quick edit: me and xdx were talking earlier and something I brought up to him that he is in agreement is, that we both were wondering how come there hasnt been a smr newsletter to be sent out in a long long time, would be a nice free resource to potentially revive the dying playerbase, anything to get smr back on peoples minds is a good idea to me. All I know is that if nothing is done by summer there wont be a game left, because summer cripples the playerbase enough as it is.
Lead: Sesame Street, Rogue Squad

Co-Lead: Suckas, Black Sun Ascending, Wraith Squadron, Fool's Errend, Team Poker, The Phantom Order, Toxic #5

Member of: Team Pup and Suds, Nintendo Power, System Failure, Crusaders, new dawn, Cereal Killers, Armory, Armory V2, _-=`Perfection`=-_, The Guild, Ragnarok, Heimdall, United Rebels, ilLegitimate Basterds

I've seen and done it all
Freon22
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by Freon22 »

Very good point on the news letter, there should be by all rights a news letter send out at the start of each new game. I am all for keeping spam mail down but one email every three months isn't no where near spaming.
JettJackson
Fledgling Spam Artist

Post by JettJackson »

Freon22 wrote:Very good point on the news letter, there should be by all rights a news letter send out at the start of each new game. I am all for keeping spam mail down but one email every three months isn't no where near spaming.
Yes I understand resources are limited, but lets use the free ones we have here.
Lead: Sesame Street, Rogue Squad

Co-Lead: Suckas, Black Sun Ascending, Wraith Squadron, Fool's Errend, Team Poker, The Phantom Order, Toxic #5

Member of: Team Pup and Suds, Nintendo Power, System Failure, Crusaders, new dawn, Cereal Killers, Armory, Armory V2, _-=`Perfection`=-_, The Guild, Ragnarok, Heimdall, United Rebels, ilLegitimate Basterds

I've seen and done it all
Freon22
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by Freon22 »

JettJackson wrote:Yes I understand resources are limited, but lets use the free ones we have here.
Not sure about your responses so just wanted to make sure you know I agree with the news letter. I was remembering what I think last year when we were talking about news letters and spamming came up. So to head it off from coming up again I put in that a news letter at the start of each game would not be spamming. As far as I care one email a week would be ok with me, compaired to some of the sites that emails me 2 and 3 time each day a few a week would be ok. LOL
Siege
Admin Emeritus

Post by Siege »

I feel like using the newsletter before the game is actually good. ie new interface,etc.

Will just deter people in the longrun or make them start ignoring the e-mails or sending it to junk mail.
Member of far too many to name, here are the main ones : The Edge, The Forsaken, S.P.A.M. , Anla'Shok, Horsemen of the Apocalypse.

Lead/colead : The Edge, Adult Swim, EPIC, Quiot Riot, Cereal Killers.
N.ator
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by N.ator »

Freon22 wrote:Very good point on the news letter, there should be by all rights a news letter send out at the start of each new game. I am all for keeping spam mail down but one email every three months isn't no where near spaming.

once ever 3 months!? more like we should have it every month !

and i agree with siege,, promote our good sides, new interface designs . new point system! check it out!

I think we are forgetting that this game is a "business" and with all businesses you need good marketing strategies and advertisements.. if not its just going to go in the ":D"
ImageImage
Blade
Admin Emeritus

Post by Blade »

We are looking at advertisement at the moment.
The truth is there, just don't look blindly