New Interface FeedBack

Discussions about everything, SMR related or not.

Poll for new interface

I like it
19%
Its good but the colors need changing
31%
I don't like it
25%
I like the old default layout better
25%

Total votes: 16

Page
SMR Coder

Re: New Interface FeedBack

Post by Page »

You have to apply the new theme first as it only shows the colour schemes available for the current theme, I'll have to add a bit of text to say that.
Purify
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Purify »

lol doh!
Blade
Admin Emeritus

Post by Blade »

Few glitches for "our special" tools can not see connecting sectors when creating new maps, had to revert to the old CSS to see what mess I had made :)
The truth is there, just don't look blindly
Baalzamon
Destroyer of his own FU

Post by Baalzamon »

didn't read the entire thread because its 3:15am, but my only gripe is that the right panel lines up with the top of the page, not the main screen. It looks a little messy the way it is now. Or maybe that's a browser error i'm having...I'm using the most up-to-date version of Firefox...

edit: I'm a fan of the old SM stary background :-)
Freon22
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by Freon22 »

Nope thats the way it was designed. The right panal starts at the top of the page. As far as when you are using local maps to move and you are using a laptop with small monitor or widescreen with limited height. Its best to use Chrome or FireFox, I found that with Chrome I can leave the local maps at a 5 X 5 sector display because Chrome doesn't have as many toolbars at the top of the browser. With IE and Firefox I found that I can either close one or two of my toolbars or I can reset my local maps to a 3 X 3 grid.

I have played using all three browsers and used both methods and it doesn't impede my game play in anyway.
Freon22
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by Freon22 »

Hi All,
One of the complains that a few players told me about my layout was that when you are in a ship with a long ship name. It would make the right panel to wide which throws off the look of the layout. The reason the name would force the right panel wider was because Page has a css nowrap class higher up in the page. This nowrap needs to be there to stop other text in the panel from wraping. I had made a fix for it and it worked with Firefox and IE but I never got it to work with Chrome before I left.

A few days ago I had some free time and looked at it again and seen that Chrome needed me to block the display. I added it and it now works with all browsers. I PMed Page not sure when he will have the time to add it or if he is. But if you would like the ship name to wrap you can add this link to your Preference.

Click Preferences scroll down the page to Change CSS Link and copy this link http://video.smrealms.de/css/wrapTest.css you should also have the Enable Default CSS "Yes". Template should be Freon22, Colour Scheme should be Blue or Default. Then click the Change CSS Options button. Your ship name will now wrap and the nowrap will still apply to the rest of the panel.