SM vs SMR

Discussions about everything, SMR related or not.
Purify
Newbie Spam Artist

Re: SM vs SMR

Post by Purify »

Whoaaaaaaaaaaaaa...... more xp does not win fights. The more experienced player wins fights... generally.

The low # of players is a direct result of there being no way to acquire new players. New players do not have a good way to learn the game, and experienced players do not need the new players. When old players quit there has been no one to fill this void.

Granted several attempts were made to fix this problem but nothing really worked.
Blade
Admin Emeritus

Post by Blade »

Purify wrote:Whoaaaaaaaaaaaaa...... more xp does not win fights. The more experienced player wins fights... generally.
I agree, exp is just a helping hand.
The truth is there, just don't look blindly
Siege
Admin Emeritus

Post by Siege »

I agree in that most of the problems you have brought up have todo with low # of players..and like Puri said that can mostly be attributed to the fact that people play this game for a while, a couple months, a year, 2 years, 12 years. And move on to other games or other things, but because SMR is privately owned and operated it is harder to develop to keep up with the times and other online games. When SM was around it was very competitive in the online browser based gaming community, and spawned games that are now much bigger like ME and TDZK..SMR cannot compete with the resources of these games and that includes advertising.

SM was also backed by a company that owned and operated a couple of extremely successful browser based games such as Monarchy and Panumbra.

I remember SM being just as easy to get cash and ships, and infact easier for much time as ships that are now 43 million were only 4 and then 24 mil. There weren't as many long routes in most games and you're right they were frequently hunted because there was 10x as many people online at once as there are now.

I think that SMR is more balanced in a lot of ways then SM was, and I think that would be more evident if the player base was the size that SM's was, or even SMR's at a time.
Member of far too many to name, here are the main ones : The Edge, The Forsaken, S.P.A.M. , Anla'Shok, Horsemen of the Apocalypse.

Lead/colead : The Edge, Adult Swim, EPIC, Quiot Riot, Cereal Killers.