Double the Playerbase?

Discussions about everything, SMR related or not.
seldum
Beta Tester

Double the Playerbase?

Post by seldum »

Sounds great to me and to everyone reading this but almost everyone will say impossible. I have made this suggestion in the past but it has always fallen on deaf ears. The solution is simple enough but would have to be thought out by more thoughtful people than me. The answer is to allow each account two traders each game. The names would have to be the same or show they are from the same account. I also think that if you choose to have a second trader you have to have both in the same alliance. I am not sure what the current member limit is for alliances but at 30 (which I think it should be) this would mean 15 players per team and full 30 man rosters.

Again I have not played in a year or so, but I left because of there only being three alliances, looks like thats still the case. No one really wins when you have 3 alliances someone always gets 2v1'd and the team who goes 2nd wins. Some other benefits could include more traders throughout the game as many could OP, hunt, build with 1 trader and cashcow with the other. We could have six 20 member teams this game instead of 3 the numbers do not lie.
Siege
Admin Emeritus

Re: Double the Playerbase?

Post by Siege »

I have said this before.. you could even make it so players have to donate 5 bucks a game for the 2nd trader if you want..would be best if there was a way to link both to one login so there was rules for what the 2 traders could do.
Member of far too many to name, here are the main ones : The Edge, The Forsaken, S.P.A.M. , Anla'Shok, Horsemen of the Apocalypse.

Lead/colead : The Edge, Adult Swim, EPIC, Quiot Riot, Cereal Killers.
SpaceDoG
Quiet One

Post by SpaceDoG »

In all honesty SMR needs something more than a bigger player base. It's just lacking something in the growth of the game. IMHO it's been a stagnant game (no new features) for several years. The initial idea of SM/SMR/TDZK was awesome. They were revolutionary for their times but have since grown old and antiquated. That's why there is work being done secretly on a new game which will hopefully be attractive enough to entice people into playing and join several communities together. The current plan is for the game to loosely be based on SM/TDZK/SMR/AME.
seldum
Beta Tester

Post by seldum »

This is not a cure-all for the game, more like life support for the 50-80 hardcore vets who still want to play.
Freon22
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by Freon22 »

SpaceDoG wrote:That's why there is work being done secretly on a new game which will hopefully be attractive enough to entice people into playing and join several communities together. The current plan is for the game to loosely be based on SM/TDZK/SMR/AME.
If there is work being done secretly on a new game then that cat is now out of the bag? So tell us what is this new game?
JettJackson
Fledgling Spam Artist

Post by JettJackson »

Secret work on a game is probably not the best idea.
Lead: Sesame Street, Rogue Squad

Co-Lead: Suckas, Black Sun Ascending, Wraith Squadron, Fool's Errend, Team Poker, The Phantom Order, Toxic #5

Member of: Team Pup and Suds, Nintendo Power, System Failure, Crusaders, new dawn, Cereal Killers, Armory, Armory V2, _-=`Perfection`=-_, The Guild, Ragnarok, Heimdall, United Rebels, ilLegitimate Basterds

I've seen and done it all
SpaceDoG
Quiet One

Post by SpaceDoG »

No there is no cat out of the bag :-P People have known for a few weeks that development was being done/discussed. More details will be released when we feel the game is ready for testing :-)
seldum
Beta Tester

Post by seldum »

Thanks for stealing my thread with your super secret game advertising.
Freon22
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by Freon22 »

Yes he did steal your thread LOL. But getting back to your topic, I agree in many online games you are allowed more then one account. Maybe if they only allowed your second account trading ships. Or something along those lines, not sure what you had in mind.
N.ator
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by N.ator »

people have always been against the use of this two person idea, but i sort of like it!

imagine, you have one guy, that is your trader, and one that is your hunter. there are going to be soooo many more people where it will actually be hard to be #1 in the top traded, and then because there are more people trading, the hunting will be so much more fun!..

i think what people are worried about the most is that because you will be having two account, you can easily double team people etc.

i think that if we had this idea, we can only have it so you can log onto one account or the other.

and i like the idea siege made, about it all being under the same login name.
ImageImage