Draft Round

Discussions about everything, SMR related or not.
El_Guapo
Quiet One

Re: Draft Round

Post by El_Guapo »

I think he meant will you join the game and pick race first and then the draft begins, so he can see what races people chose. Or will the draft happen first and then you join the game and pick race.

If someone is picking my race too that is super ghey.
Beausoleil
Quiet One

Post by Beausoleil »

El_Guapo wrote:I think he meant will you join the game and pick race first and then the draft begins, so he can see what races people chose. Or will the draft happen first and then you join the game and pick race.

If someone is picking my race too that is super ghey.
Nah, I think leaders just pick players and then players join the round like normal - difference is that they are automatically (and irreversibly) part of the alliance they were selected to be part of.
Infinity
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Infinity »

That is the only logical solution. There will be enough people in the alliances to have all the utility guys you want.
Use The Force(s)!
Edgecrusher
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Edgecrusher »

Infinity wrote:That is the only logical solution. There will be enough people in the alliances to have all the utility guys you want.
Yes, but there is a difference between having a lot of inactive humans and a very active Markus that has absolutely nothing better to do than leak mines.
N.ator
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by N.ator »

what about randomize race? excluding alskant
ImageImage
JettJackson
Fledgling Spam Artist

Post by JettJackson »

Beausoleil wrote:
Edgecrusher wrote:Will people be able to choose race before or after the selection process? That is, can it play a role in a leader's strategy?
As for selecting players - I would like it if leaders could see previous handles so they know who they are picking, yes. I believe Page can set this up.

As for selecting races - this is an interesting point. I do not believe this was part of the original plan. If both you and Kiks agree that you'd like to determine people's races for them, I would say we can ask Page if it can be made to be so.
I think people should have the right to play whatever race they want.
Lead: Sesame Street, Rogue Squad

Co-Lead: Suckas, Black Sun Ascending, Wraith Squadron, Fool's Errend, Team Poker, The Phantom Order, Toxic #5

Member of: Team Pup and Suds, Nintendo Power, System Failure, Crusaders, new dawn, Cereal Killers, Armory, Armory V2, _-=`Perfection`=-_, The Guild, Ragnarok, Heimdall, United Rebels, ilLegitimate Basterds

I've seen and done it all
JettJackson
Fledgling Spam Artist

Post by JettJackson »

N.ator wrote:what about randomize race? excluding alskant
or how about we just pick the races we want, can we stop with trying to make things harder than they should be?

Co-Lead: Suckas, Black Sun Ascending, Wraith Squadron, Fool's Errend, Team Poker, The Phantom Order, Toxic #5

Member of: Team Pup and Suds, Nintendo Power, System Failure, Crusaders, new dawn, Cereal Killers, Armory, Armory V2, _-=`Perfection`=-_, The Guild, Ragnarok, Heimdall, United Rebels, ilLegitimate Basterds

Edgecrusher
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Edgecrusher »

I am perfectly fine with everyone picking their race before we choose, I agree with JJ that that's the best option, I was just trying to clarify things.
JettJackson
Fledgling Spam Artist

Post by JettJackson »

Edgecrusher wrote:I am perfectly fine with everyone picking their race before we choose, I agree with JJ that that's the best option, I was just trying to clarify things.
Actually I was saying the players would choose their race after being picked... if anything its an added variable, although to make things even better just remove alskant then anyone you pick should be servicable. To be honest you should have about 30-35 players at your disposal I think race shouldn't matter that much.

Colt45
Quiet One

Post by Colt45 »

When will details on game speed, map, etc. be released...