THE TRUTH - juicy details inside!

Discussions about everything, SMR related or not.
LotuS
Beta Tester

Re: THE TRUTH - juicy details inside!

Post by LotuS »

standard smr screwjob, a slight "mistake" was found.
still have me banned for telling you all about this mistake you so adamantly defended in #smr as not a mistake
im still the only one whos numbers got erased from the vote, even on the recount my level 2 votes have been disapeared whilst no one elses level 2 ones did

and i still defend that no one told us the vote was weighted and it was confusing from the start with lack of direction on how to vote for 2 leaders, 3 times on 3 different votes.
Last edited by LotuS on Thu Mar 03, 2011 8:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ingenius, Armory Armory v2, Lords of the PingsSuckas, AoC, Green Skulls, DoW, Shadow, MoM, Xenocide, NE, ST, HA, PI, FI, Armada, DC, LoP, AS, Lom, MH, RC
Colt45
Quiet One

Post by Colt45 »

Yes, why was there 3 votes instead of just 2? Two leaders two votes sure does make a lot more sense to me.
El_Guapo
Quiet One

Post by El_Guapo »

I don't understand why we had 3 options anyway. Why not just pick 1 person. Or if you insist on 3 options, have 1 question and allow checks next to 3 people to eliminate double voting. I'm not sure if it was rigged but it sure doesnt make a lot of sense.
dafuzzymuff

Post by dafuzzymuff »

well its about time i vented

this whole idea is just retarded!!!! forced to play on a team when u dont want to be part of a team. all it will do is make stat hog players run under even more protection aby less ppl to be shot at, and even less to be killed by.

votes are rigged, screw the new guy, do as ur told or dont play.......... well i tell u what i wont play...

way to make the game gay...go smr

i really want to vent more but im seriously not going to waste my time when nothing will happen.. i might just play the game and do my best to RUIN it by never following orders never joining ops. spying for team 2, trading for myself... everything that will show u...when u try force me to do something i will d0 complete opposite. yes i am that much of a ass.

RR
dafuzzymuff

Post by dafuzzymuff »

Now you better all do as ur told or u are going to get kicked out of the team and no longer play....

great idea.............
Edgecrusher
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Edgecrusher »

I was asked to option as a leader in the draft round by several people. I guess some like me as a leader. But my ambition is to have a fun game, not necessarily to be a leader. So if Lotus would have wanted my spot as a leader he could have had it if he would only have been a little bit more mature about it.
I would have rather had Lotus as an opponent, not because I dislike Kiky, but because I rather have her on my team then as an enemy.

I am not going to speak out on the voting process, I would just like to point out that 1) those that volunteered as a leader and especially those that won the vote have nothing to do with the voting procedure and claiming that we are part of some grand plot to maintain the status quo is bs and short-sighted, 2) the purpose of the draft round is to try something new, to have fun and no matter who wins the vote, there will always be players whose playing style does not match the two winners. So? I am confident that anyone with a bit of experience can lead just fine, and that includes most of the runners-up, and 3) the draft round will run parallel to a normal game: if you don't wanna play, don't play.
El_Guapo
Quiet One

Post by El_Guapo »

You can't deny that BoobsR4men got shafted!
Beausoleil
Quiet One

Post by Beausoleil »

El_Guapo wrote:You can't deny that BoobsR4men got shafted!
lol
JettJackson
Fledgling Spam Artist

Post by JettJackson »

I am going to just lock this before things get out of hand, those who matter know my opinion on this.
Lead: Sesame Street, Rogue Squad

Co-Lead: Suckas, Black Sun Ascending, Wraith Squadron, Fool's Errend, Team Poker, The Phantom Order, Toxic #5

Member of: Team Pup and Suds, Nintendo Power, System Failure, Crusaders, new dawn, Cereal Killers, Armory, Armory V2, _-=`Perfection`=-_, The Guild, Ragnarok, Heimdall, United Rebels, ilLegitimate Basterds

I've seen and done it all
Page
SMR Coder

Post by Page »

LotuS wrote:My point is the vote was rigged and counted in a specific way to push me out
Regardless of whether counted by weighted vote or flat vote you still came 3rd.
Colt45 wrote:If it was the first pick votes that were taken away then that is BS and this whole vote was bogus.
I completely agree and it was not meant to happen that way, unfortunately the id's in the database don't go 1, 2, 3, and I happened to get the order confused, which I then fixed as soon as it was pointed out I'd made the mistake - it'd be nice if just once people could give me the benefit of the doubt rather than accusing me of wanting to cheat in some way (although saying that it generally comes from a select few, and because they haven't got their own way - seriously, grow up already)
LotuS wrote:im still the only one whos numbers got erased from the vote
You were not the only one to lose votes, however you did lose the most as you went around trying to convince people to vote for you and hence got the most double vote by quite a majority.
El_Guapo wrote:I don't understand why we had 3 options anyway. Why not just pick 1 person. Or if you insist on 3 options, have 1 question and allow checks next to 3 people to eliminate double voting. I'm not sure if it was rigged but it sure doesnt make a lot of sense.
I would have liked a number system where you could rank them and have it stop double votes, however the voting system does not currently support anything beyond the type of vote you saw, the alternative would have been to have a webboard poll (which would have been seen by a lot less players and I'm fairly sure we can all agree would have been a worse idea. You could argue I could improve the voting system, however I did not want to spend the time on something that is rarely used for what is purely an experimental game type (yes I'd be willing to have more draft modes should this one go well, even with different rules etc depending upon feedback, but for now let's just see how this one goes)
dafuzzymuff wrote:this whole idea is just retarded!!!! forced to play on a team when u dont want to be part of a team. all it will do is make stat hog players run under even more protection aby less ppl to be shot at, and even less to be killed by.

votes are rigged, screw the new guy, do as ur told or dont play.......... well i tell u what i wont play...
If you don't want to play in the team you are picked for then draft mode is obviously not for you, that being said PLEASE DON'T PLAY IT, it's going to be a side game, no one is going to be forced to play it and if you do choose not to play it there will be a standard game that you can play instead (or as well as for those who would like to participate in trying out a new game type)

TL;DR: Mistakes happen, I'm not perfect and I made a mistake with the vote counting, instead of going on a rant about it you should maybe point it out to me first (especially seeing as I think the announcement makes it fairly clear my intention was to take away the lowest votes). For complaints about the way voting etc was setup they may well have merit but are for a future game (should another happen)