Some thought

Discussions about everything, SMR related or not.
N.ator
Beginner Spam Artist

Some thought

Post by N.ator »

does it make sense that the advanced carrier is the same defense as the human warbird? mhmm not really..
ImageImage
Beausoleil
Quiet One

Re: Some thought

Post by Beausoleil »

N.ator wrote:does it make sense that the advanced carrier is the same defense as the human warbird? mhmm not really..
Ik'Thorne got a lot of love from the creators. I will agree that all in all, Ikky ships seem to have a somewhat inordinate advantage over most other races. I'm iffy about whether it needs to change or not though. Be curious what others think.
Kard
Beta Tester

Post by Kard »

They are slightly overpowered, but the race has its draw backs. Just gotta exploit the Ikky weaknesses. I remember a couple rounds most of Faded Image went Ikky, and they did not win those rounds. I also remember back in SM newbie games, an aliance that was around for at least 4 rounds(multis to dodge vet games lol) all Thevian. They were called the Thevian aliance. And they were usualy top 5 if I remember, every round, by using the advantages of Thev to the fullest, but yet no one thinks Thev is overpowered. That aliance would strangle hold thev racial with cara mining, and clear you so quick with a fleet of TAC, and have the turns to clear you the next night too lol. SO fast.

The MS could probably loose its mines. They are already the strongest ship vs ship, those mines are a little out of balance. They already can seed like mad. no need for those mines IMO.

The turn rate on the ITAC could maybe be dropped to 8, or maybe lost 25 drones or something. Maybe even some holds. But alround its almost balanced base on the inherent cons of drones. But damn, taking a planet when there are say 6+ ITMS on it, now thats a task. But that is more to do with the restocking of defences then the ship imbalance. Would be nice to see a time limit on restocking drones and shields on a planet. Like how when you refresh forces in a sector, and the timer counts down. Have something similar, like if an aliance member drops shields or drones on a planet, there is a 2 or 3 minute timer till the next time it can be restocked. and the restocker has to stay on planet till the countdown is done.

Unless we are splitting hairs and really trying to balance this game, and make changes moving forward, the Ikky are fine.
Last edited by Kard on Sun May 08, 2011 9:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JettJackson
Fledgling Spam Artist

Post by JettJackson »

N.ator wrote:does it make sense that the advanced carrier is the same defense as the human warbird? mhmm not really..
Sure it does, when that defense goes into the drones the fire power goes down substantially.
Lead: Sesame Street, Rogue Squad

Co-Lead: Suckas, Black Sun Ascending, Wraith Squadron, Fool's Errend, Team Poker, The Phantom Order, Toxic #5

Member of: Team Pup and Suds, Nintendo Power, System Failure, Crusaders, new dawn, Cereal Killers, Armory, Armory V2, _-=`Perfection`=-_, The Guild, Ragnarok, Heimdall, United Rebels, ilLegitimate Basterds

I've seen and done it all