Mother Ship so cheap?

Discussions about everything, SMR related or not.
N.ator
Beginner Spam Artist

Mother Ship so cheap?

Post by N.ator »

the mother ship cost 6 million while the destoyer = almost 14 mill!? that makes no sense! yes drones cost a lot but not 8 million dollars worth!
ImageImage
Beausoleil
Quiet One

Re: Mother Ship so cheap?

Post by Beausoleil »

N.ator wrote:the mother ship cost 6 million while the destoyer = almost 14 mill!? that makes no sense! yes drones cost a lot but not 8 million dollars worth!
I could get behind making the MS cost up to twice as much as its present. However, I think *all* top racials could probably cost more, given how easily cash flows these days. I know Page is looking into changing ship costs at some point.
JettJackson
Fledgling Spam Artist

Post by JettJackson »

Drones cost 4 million for it, plus it is the slowest warbird with the dev tied, btw the dev is 11 million. Not everything has to be 100% equal, oh and the Dessy has jump, Ikks dont have an extra hardware.
Lead: Sesame Street, Rogue Squad

Co-Lead: Suckas, Black Sun Ascending, Wraith Squadron, Fool's Errend, Team Poker, The Phantom Order, Toxic #5

Member of: Team Pup and Suds, Nintendo Power, System Failure, Crusaders, new dawn, Cereal Killers, Armory, Armory V2, _-=`Perfection`=-_, The Guild, Ragnarok, Heimdall, United Rebels, ilLegitimate Basterds

I've seen and done it all
silverx2
Quiet One

Post by silverx2 »

JettJackson wrote:Drones cost 4 million for it, plus it is the slowest warbird with the dev tied, btw the dev is 11 million. Not everything has to be 100% equal, oh and the Dessy has jump, Ikks dont have an extra hardware.
that 4 million can easily be spread out over weapons as well as the cost of extra armor.

Using the drones cost as an excuse isn't exactly airtight.
i killed orca.
the570z
Quiet One

Post by the570z »

But on the otherhand it doesnt cost a dev 2 mil+ to uno after a long fight. Ikkies go through a lot of cash while owning a ship. Unless you never uno or never fight, an MS will probably cost well over 20 million throughout its lifespan. whereas a Dev or something really doesnt burn through more then like 8-9 mil in uno costs.
Page
SMR Coder

Post by Page »

At the same time if you need to buy/sell weapons that also adds up the price (and turns), whereas a MS can just drop and pick up CDs (assuming no one shoots them), and also save turns for rearming that way.
JettJackson
Fledgling Spam Artist

Post by JettJackson »

Make it 8 million and then it will be more even any higher and it becomes too expensive, I mean we are talking about the slowest warbird too.

Co-Lead: Suckas, Black Sun Ascending, Wraith Squadron, Fool's Errend, Team Poker, The Phantom Order, Toxic #5

Member of: Team Pup and Suds, Nintendo Power, System Failure, Crusaders, new dawn, Cereal Killers, Armory, Armory V2, _-=`Perfection`=-_, The Guild, Ragnarok, Heimdall, United Rebels, ilLegitimate Basterds

Beausoleil
Quiet One

Post by Beausoleil »

JettJackson wrote:Make it 8 million and then it will be more even any higher and it becomes too expensive, I mean we are talking about the slowest warbird too.
It may be the slowest warbird, but in this era of faster games and higher turn caps, thats not as important.
JettJackson
Fledgling Spam Artist

Post by JettJackson »

Beausoleil wrote:
JettJackson wrote:Make it 8 million and then it will be more even any higher and it becomes too expensive, I mean we are talking about the slowest warbird too.
It may be the slowest warbird, but in this era of faster games and higher turn caps, thats not as important.
No but we cant just change for the here and now and then further down the line change again... I think you guys fail to realize the drone aspect, you have to always spend 4 million right from the get go, no matter what.

Sufex
Quiet One

Post by Sufex »

silverx2 wrote:
JettJackson wrote:Drones cost 4 million for it, plus it is the slowest warbird with the dev tied, btw the dev is 11 million. Not everything has to be 100% equal, oh and the Dessy has jump, Ikks dont have an extra hardware.
that 4 million can easily be spread out over weapons as well as the cost of extra armor.

Using the drones cost as an excuse isn't exactly airtight.

Other wbs don't cost that much to arm, not near as much. And unless ikks get a discount on CD's then using them when defending the price of the bird is alright.

I agree that it should be raised, to like 6.5mil so it is comparable to other birds.

NP -=Shadow=- SF LB Crusaders Armory Armory V2 GS