Draft game Retrospective: My thoughts

Discussions about everything, SMR related or not.
Kard
Beta Tester

Re: Draft game Retrospective: My thoughts

Post by Kard »

Infinity wrote:
Im happy if morale in your alliance grew when you were busting our ports, but as Hugh and Bouncer said - you were either helping us build our experience route inside our galaxy, or we would simply upgrade another port. God knows that takes only money and some turns.

We ABSOLUTELY won this round, we have more xp, more kills, more money, more active players, more planets and better routes. There is absolutely no aspect of the game that we haven't won at. Including having immense fun while podding you repeatedly.

I find it ridiculous, that after Edgecrusher already told contraction they won over a week ago, and several FE have been in this very thread saying congradulations, Contraction players still feel the need to come in here and shake their wang. I dont know who raised some of you, but that is genuinly regarded as a wanghead move. Also, whoever sent Edgecrusher msgs telling him he is garbage and whatever whatever whatever, you seriously need to take a look at your life, and maybe count how many friends you have or dont have, in real life.

Honestly, next time, just think, if I was playing a game of basketball at the park, or baseball, or in the grocery line, would I act this way?

The answer will always be no. Just because of the anonimity of the internet, some of you take it as a reason to behave like animals. If you act like this in other social settings, you will be an outcast, no one will like you, and even worse, you might get physically assaulted.

grow up.

I'll say it one last time, Congradulations contraction. You won. And I was impressed. Especially with the first planet bust that spelled the end of the round.

Lets see if one of you can act like a gentleman or lady, and just say thankyou, OR better yet, speak about some of the posotives of this draft round.

geez
omegaorb

Post by omegaorb »

I would have enjoying coming here, saying great job and such, but after reading the straight up rage post that was put up here by the so-called "leader" of contraction, I'm just disgusted.

Let me put this in simple terms your apparently hateful, rageful, and low self esteemed "I gotta put others down because I hate myself" ego can understand.

Your post made me sick, and I feel sorry for anyone who takes a page of "leadership" from you book.

I will congratulate the members of Contraction that took a win with grace, and didn't feel the need to come here and post how they "won the round in every way possible" and generally acted like small children picking on other small children. There is some degree of trash-talk to be expected, and that's fine, but learn where the line is and when you've crossed it.

As far as the round went, I think it did well, our group had a ton of fun, made new friendships that lasted and carried over to the new round and will continue beyond, and that is what its about, makin new friends and enjoying your time spent here.
Naeblis
Quiet One

Post by Naeblis »

<--- the reason Contraction won

;)
Master of the lightenings, rider on the storm, wearer of a crown of swords, spinner-out of fate. Who thinks he turns the Wheel of Time, may learn the truth too late.Galactic Vampire
silverx2
Quiet One

Post by silverx2 »

Naeblis carried so hard this round
i killed orca.
JettJackson
Fledgling Spam Artist

Post by JettJackson »

One thing I'd recommend next time personally is that we have 3 teams. The problem with a 2 team game is you have one opponent and that's it. Obviously when making this game we never expected to get these kinds of numbers returning, but for next time, assume we get these numbers.
Lead: Sesame Street, Rogue Squad

Co-Lead: Suckas, Black Sun Ascending, Wraith Squadron, Fool's Errend, Team Poker, The Phantom Order, Toxic #5

Member of: Team Pup and Suds, Nintendo Power, System Failure, Crusaders, new dawn, Cereal Killers, Armory, Armory V2, _-=`Perfection`=-_, The Guild, Ragnarok, Heimdall, United Rebels, ilLegitimate Basterds

I've seen and done it all
Edgecrusher
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Edgecrusher »

I disagree on having three teams. I like that "us (the good guys) vs them (the bad guys)"-feeling. Plus, three teams would not work, because if two teams team up to beat the third, there is nothing fair anymore. That *will* happen, and there's no line of code that can prevent it.
El_Guapo
Quiet One

Post by El_Guapo »

I normally don't get into the whole he said she said bs but I have to stand up for my team and my leader here. The bug was fixed before you OPed but you were not informed. Thats not our fault. Kinky did not know you were uninformed and most of contraction never knew a bug ever existed. So you came in with 18(?) and hit ports which seemed kinda odd to us but not surprising since you had done it before (you came in with 18 or so a week or 2 before, hit a few ports, took 1 shot at lander then left to hit another port,) hence the contraction motto that soon followed, "FE got it mixed up, we land on planets, not ports." It would be pretty dirty of Kinky to turn around and hit your lander if she knew you skiped hitting our rock because you were under the impression that there was a bug. However, it was reasonable for her to assume that edge was informed since the coder is in your alliance and he was even at your OP. It seems like it would be hard for 2 leaders to hash out their aggreements when one has the other on ignore. You guys were on the unfortunate end of a miscommunication and you missed a chance to hit our lander. Plain and simple. We were not all sitting here with evil grins on our faces waiting to take advantage of the situation. As far as we knew at the time it was a normal PB.

Other than that mix up, it has been a fun round.
Hugh
Quiet One

Post by Hugh »

I agree with Edge, 1st draft game was supposed to be Us vs Them, It was supposed to get you to work WITH those you might not have played with before, It was supposed to be trust your teammates not your enemies. It succeeded in a few of those, failed in a few others. I liked the 2 team format. I liked the 2 big teams. Next one, if there is one, we can adjust how we get split up, but this was the simplest way to split of the community of players, and SEE how many would actually play with each other. I think we learned a lot from this social experiment. And I think we will use what we learned for the planning of the next experiment. When ever we get to do it again.

Was thinking, no leaders until the splitting of players, sort of a computer pick em, then each team votes for their own star.
Hugh
~-~-~
Currently with Path TO Oblivion
Previously with Tyranical Rule, Undead Umbrellas, Contraction, V.E.N.o.M, Quiet Riot, System Failure, RoD, TLS and others that don't come to mind...
Led iLegitimate Basterds

Hated 1.5
Holti
Quiet One

Post by Holti »

Was thinking, no leaders until the splitting of players, sort of a computer pick em, then each team votes for their own star.
I like this idea, and would like to see it implemented in the next experimental draft round.
silverx2
Quiet One

Post by silverx2 »

Thats a whole lot of trouble waiting to happen.
i killed orca.