Trading needs to be harder | Ideas

Discussions about everything, SMR related or not.
silverx2
Quiet One

Re: Trading needs to be harder | Ideas

Post by silverx2 »

JettJackson wrote:
Kard wrote:Some really good ideas in this thread. The ones that I especialy like are:

the other 4 would hurt hunting too much and actually help traders.

with regards to make the CPL only at HQs what if hunting ships were able to equip a special new piece of hardware to allowed them to see a list of people who were trading.
i killed orca.
Freon22
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by Freon22 »

silverx2 wrote:what if hunting ships were able to equip a special new piece of hardware to allowed them to see a list of people who were trading.
And maybe even tell you what sector they are trading in? :roll:

Can't you tell from Current Players list who is trading and who is not? You guys need to think about what you are asking for, because I think you may in up with a game of nothing but hunters and no one trading to hunt. lol

Man about the time I start playing again we have this crap going on again. Lets may it easier to pod traders because I don't want to work for the kill. But I do want the trader to have to work harder and longer.
JettJackson
Fledgling Spam Artist

Post by JettJackson »

This removing of CPL hurts hunters too, its a pointless removal in my opinion as it just hurts both sides.
Lead: Sesame Street, Rogue Squad

Co-Lead: Suckas, Black Sun Ascending, Wraith Squadron, Fool's Errend, Team Poker, The Phantom Order, Toxic #5

Member of: Team Pup and Suds, Nintendo Power, System Failure, Crusaders, new dawn, Cereal Killers, Armory, Armory V2, _-=`Perfection`=-_, The Guild, Ragnarok, Heimdall, United Rebels, ilLegitimate Basterds

I've seen and done it all
silverx2
Quiet One

Post by silverx2 »

Freon22 wrote:
silverx2 wrote:what if hunting ships were able to equip a special new piece of hardware to allowed them to see a list of people who were trading.

Can't you tell from Current Players list who is trading and who is not? You guys need to think about what you are asking for, because I think you may in up with a game of nothing but hunters and no one trading to hunt. lol

Man about the time I start playing again we have this crap going on again. Lets may it easier to pod traders because I don't want to work for the kill. But I do want the trader to have to work harder and longer.
well freon, heres the thing, my suggestion is based off of removing the CPL. Thus using the CPL to see whose online is impossible because there isnt one unless you are at an HQ. no need to be facetious.

So then you add a new hardware type only hunter class ships can get that show a list of people who have traded recently.

What this does:

a.) makes it so traders cant see who is online unless they are sitting at an HQ, thus they are unable to see if hunters are online and active
b.) It allows hunters to see a list of people who are trading

Makes it harder for traders since they cant see who is online at all times regardless of where they are, and it still lets hunters see who is trading.
i killed orca.
Grey Death
Admin Emeritus

Post by Grey Death »

silverx2 wrote:
Freon22 wrote:

well freon, heres the thing, my suggestion is based off of removing the CPL. Thus using the CPL to see whose online is impossible because there isnt one unless you are at an HQ. no need to be facetious.

So then you add a new hardware type only hunter class ships can get that show a list of people who have traded recently.

What this does:

a.) makes it so traders cant see who is online unless they are sitting at an HQ, thus they are unable to see if hunters are online and active
b.) It allows hunters to see a list of people who are trading

Makes it harder for traders since they cant see who is online at all times regardless of where they are, and it still lets hunters see who is trading.
Its an interesting idea, my concern is this: Any hunter in an alliance will share the cpl info with the traders in their allaince. This means that the corollary effect is that only solo traders will truly be affected by this.
Grey Death
Leader TLS and former War leader KAOS
-A conquered people should know when the are conquered!
Anonymous Roman General
N.ator
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by N.ator »

Edgecrusher wrote:Valid suggestion, I think it is stupid that the xp gain from killing was reduced: killing no longer is a way of life anymore, but it has also become disproportional to the amount of xp you lose. I rather raise the xp gain when killing than lowering the loss when dieing, but Freon and I will eternally disagree on that.

So: raise the xp gain, and if you don't want to, listen to Freon.

i was just going to say that. right now it is not benefical to hunt because you will gain almost no expereience!! right now if i trade i can gain at least 5k in experience. (at least) and if i hunted i would have to get what like 2 kills at least?

what i think should happen is that there should be no experienced lost when a death occurs. what i mean by that. is all of the experience lost by the death goes directly to the killer. this will make it so generally there will be higher exp player all around the game! bc righ now the average is probably around 30k. that will change to the average probably 100k. and whats wrong with that?
ImageImage
silverx2
Quiet One

Post by silverx2 »

Grey Death wrote: Its an interesting idea, my concern is this: Any hunter in an alliance will share the cpl info with the traders in their allaince. This means that the corollary effect is that only solo traders will truly be affected by this.
Which means they should probably look into joining an alliance.

I thinking removing real time info from traders regardless of where they are would close the gap a bit on risk/reward.
i killed orca.
JettJackson
Fledgling Spam Artist

Post by JettJackson »

silverx2 wrote:
Grey Death wrote: Its an interesting idea, my concern is this: Any hunter in an alliance will share the cpl info with the traders in their allaince. This means that the corollary effect is that only solo traders will truly be affected by this.
Which means they should probably look into joining an alliance.

I thinking removing real time info from traders regardless of where they are would close the gap a bit on risk/reward.
If we remove all CPL to all except Hunters that gives them a gross advantage, if we remove it to everyone that hurts everyone. CPL isn't the issue as to why trading is hard. That's like smashing a car and the first thing you fix is the head lights.
Lead: Sesame Street, Rogue Squad

Co-Lead: Suckas, Black Sun Ascending, Wraith Squadron, Fool's Errend, Team Poker, The Phantom Order, Toxic #5

Member of: Team Pup and Suds, Nintendo Power, System Failure, Crusaders, new dawn, Cereal Killers, Armory, Armory V2, _-=`Perfection`=-_, The Guild, Ragnarok, Heimdall, United Rebels, ilLegitimate Basterds

I've seen and done it all
Freon22
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by Freon22 »

I hope you guys do not get what you want on this "make it harder to trade and easier to kill traders". I came back to play and have fun not to worry about if the game is going to be changed so it is a waste of time to try and trade. So for now I am going to take off for a few months, maybe this stuff will be done with by then. It was fun playing again if only for a few days.
Edgecrusher
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Edgecrusher »

Freon22 wrote:I hope you guys do not get what you want on this "make it harder to trade and easier to kill traders". I came back to play and have fun not to worry about if the game is going to be changed so it is a waste of time to try and trade. So for now I am going to take off for a few months, maybe this stuff will be done with by then. It was fun playing again if only for a few days.
"If I'm not gonna get what I want, I am gonna quit. And if you ever make me cry again, I'm going to call my mommy."

I suggest we make a copy of the game that can only be played by Freon, so he can trade to Spooky undisturbed. It can be at boring.smrealms.de