Trading needs to be harder | Ideas

Discussions about everything, SMR related or not.
Edgecrusher
Newbie Spam Artist

Re: Trading needs to be harder | Ideas

Post by Edgecrusher »

JettJackson wrote:
Kard wrote:Make barganing actualy neccesary.

You go into a port, you get a bad price. You either accept, or haggle. If you haggle, you gain a large bonus, the more rounds of haggling, the better the deal. Go to high or to low, and you get kicked from port, and have to re enter and start again.

This will make time spent at ports, go way up. Do you stay and haggle one more round each trip at the port, which gains you 10%-20% more money over the course of your turns, OR do you just accept the price, or only bargin once, so that you are not IS for 10 seconds, getting podded.
I against this idea, the relations with races works fine, plus this would probably a huge code addition when its not necessary. Like I have stated, lets not do all or nothing here. Lets try the few fixes already mentioned first and if it is still unbalanced then further down the line we can make more adjustments.

As for whether or not people would actually bargain for the risk, I don't see the point of risking a pod for 10-20% unless its a highly defended planet route, in which case we are making the rich richer there.
I actually really like this idea. Bargaining is useless after the first week of the game. You're getting xp because you show skill in trading, but after 1000 relations you merely get experience for being able to press the return button. That's ridiculous. I think making bargaining happen more will help a lot, and if you choose to trade safely you still can by not bargaining. You can implement it in several ways: make people gain relations slower, give them a bonus when bargaining at full relations, etc.

JJ, if you are against an idea, then please bother to give arguments other than "I against this idea" or "I don't see the point". Your 10-20% is not based on anything other than being deadly afraid of any change.
Kard
Beta Tester

Post by Kard »

Edgecrusher wrote:
JettJackson wrote:

You go into a port, you get a bad price. You either accept, or haggle. If you haggle, you gain a large bonus, the more rounds of haggling, the better the deal. Go to high or to low, and you get kicked from port, and have to re enter and start again.

This will make time spent at ports, go way up. Do you stay and haggle one more round each trip at the port, which gains you 10%-20% more money over the course of your turns, OR do you just accept the price, or only bargin once, so that you are not IS for 10 seconds, getting podded.
I against this idea, the relations with races works fine, plus this would probably a huge code addition when its not necessary. Like I have stated, lets not do all or nothing here. Lets try the few fixes already mentioned first and if it is still unbalanced then further down the line we can make more adjustments.

As for whether or not people would actually bargain for the risk, I don't see the point of risking a pod for 10-20% unless its a highly defended planet route, in which case we are making the rich richer there.
I actually really like this idea. Bargaining is useless after the first week of the game. You're getting xp because you show skill in trading, but after 1000 relations you merely get experience for being able to press the return button. That's ridiculous. I think making bargaining happen more will help a lot, and if you choose to trade safely you still can by not bargaining. You can implement it in several ways: make people gain relations slower, give them a bonus when bargaining at full relations, etc.

JJ, if you are against an idea, then please bother to give arguments other than "I against this idea" or "I don't see the point". Your 10-20% is not based on anything other than being deadly afraid of any change.

Also, the code addition will be rather small and easily done.
Sufex
Quiet One

Post by Sufex »

Edgecrusher wrote:
JettJackson wrote:

Unless bargaining happens with every trade even after full relations, there would be no point in this. No alliance is hurting so much that they would risk 10/20% for a pod.

My $.02 about making trading harder/hunting easier.

1) Kill the psf
2) If we are going to increase drone ratings, at least 75(150 damage) should always launch, if they have the rating of a lvl5 they should hit like one.
3) X SMR credits for a 5min delay on cpl when in a hunter class ship for X amount of days.
4) 2 second delay between buying and selling goods. This would make the average time at a port 10 seconds compared to now which is 6/8 seconds.
4.2) Have separate ports for buying/selling goods. It would serve the same purpose as the 2 second delay, but would also help the trader see if he is being attacked.
5) Hunter class ships should have acc bonus. I'm not suggesting that it only be against traders and I'm not suggesting that wbs should have an acc bonus against hunters.

NP -=Shadow=- SF LB Crusaders Armory Armory V2 GS
the570z
Quiet One

Post by the570z »

Sufex wrote: My $.02 about making trading harder/hunting easier.

2) If we are going to increase drone ratings, at least 75(150 damage) should always launch, if they have the rating of a lvl5 they should hit like one.
You can do that when you put the PPL at 100% accuracy. Until then please stop pretending that a weapon that hits for 100 every shot and one that hits for 300 every third shot are sofa king different...
N.ator
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by N.ator »

Page wrote:Well the thought was the hunter would be notified by scouts that the trader was moving.

For an arrow on the CPL all that means is people have to pay less attention to see changes, it doesn't change balance particularly (not saying it can't be added, but it's a fair bit of work for little/no functional change)

yeah well right now, who is going to want to really pay pay attention to these little numbers move up? look at the game for example. obviously people arent wanted to do that, spend the time of just focusing attention to smr and therefore there are honestly NO HUNTERS!!!!!!

it shouldnt be that hard to code as for it was in 1.2.1, so just re implement the code or alter it to suit the code today. I HIGHLY KNOW that if add this back, then there will be a lot more hunters!!!! (heck make it cost smr credits, per game, and make money?)
ImageImage
N.ator
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by N.ator »

and sufex think about it. if you lowered the turns that a trade ship already gets, then that means they are only going to be trading for 1 day out of the week, for 10 minutes max, there for makes the whole hunting thing even worse!!!!! because the chances of seeing a person would even be more rare! it had good attentions but bad idea.
ImageImage
JettJackson
Fledgling Spam Artist

Post by JettJackson »

Edgecrusher wrote:
JettJackson wrote:

The 10-20% is based upon the post i quoted... Which if its anything more than that, then we are infusing too much money into the game which is never good either. This has already been discussed many times over that too much money too soon is bad and anything lower than 10-20% makes it not worth the risk. Edge no offense but I gave reasoning you just chose to disregard it.
Lead: Sesame Street, Rogue Squad

Co-Lead: Suckas, Black Sun Ascending, Wraith Squadron, Fool's Errend, Team Poker, The Phantom Order, Toxic #5

Member of: Team Pup and Suds, Nintendo Power, System Failure, Crusaders, new dawn, Cereal Killers, Armory, Armory V2, _-=`Perfection`=-_, The Guild, Ragnarok, Heimdall, United Rebels, ilLegitimate Basterds

I've seen and done it all
JettJackson
Fledgling Spam Artist

Post by JettJackson »

Sufex wrote:
Unless bargaining happens with every trade even after full relations, there would be no point in this. No alliance is hurting so much that they would risk 10/20% for a pod.

My $.02 about making trading harder/hunting easier.

1) Kill the psf
3) X SMR credits for a 5min delay on cpl when in a hunter class ship for X amount of days.
4) 2 second delay between buying and selling goods. This would make the average time at a port 10 seconds compared to now which is 6/8 seconds.
4.2) Have separate ports for buying/selling goods. It would serve the same purpose as the 2 second delay, but would also help the trader see if he is being attacked.
5) Hunter class ships should have acc bonus. I'm not suggesting that it only be against traders and I'm not suggesting that wbs should have an acc bonus against hunters.
1. agree 10x over
2. Makes sense if we go by the change of drone ratings, if not then I dont mind the randomness/exp factor that is there.
3. Don't understand this one tbh, maybe some clarification.
4. Good idea although not sure how much coding that would require.
4.2 Good idea only if they were in the same sector.
5. Against this purely because it would also give an advantage over warbirds and hunters shouldn't be able to kill warbirds with more than modest success or skills.
Lead: Sesame Street, Rogue Squad

Co-Lead: Suckas, Black Sun Ascending, Wraith Squadron, Fool's Errend, Team Poker, The Phantom Order, Toxic #5

Member of: Team Pup and Suds, Nintendo Power, System Failure, Crusaders, new dawn, Cereal Killers, Armory, Armory V2, _-=`Perfection`=-_, The Guild, Ragnarok, Heimdall, United Rebels, ilLegitimate Basterds

I've seen and done it all
the570z
Quiet One

Post by the570z »

JettJackson wrote: 2. Makes sense if we go by the change of drone ratings, if not then I dont mind the randomness/exp factor that is there.
Again, if the PPL had 100% accuracy, then a 75 drone minimum launch would make sense. Weapons miss, so do drones ffs its not that complicated. Your entitled to your own opinion but not your own reality.
JettJackson wrote:3. Don't understand this one tbh, maybe some clarification.
Hes saying that "X" credits would buy a system that gives you a timer before you show up on CPL. This would only be available for hunter class ships. Most likely X would equal 1-2 SMR credits but the amount is to be decided.
silverx2
Quiet One

Post by silverx2 »

the570z wrote:
JettJackson wrote: 2. Makes sense if we go by the change of drone ratings, if not then I dont mind the randomness/exp factor that is there.
Again, if the PPL had 100% accuracy, then a 75 drone minimum launch would make sense. Weapons miss, so do drones ffs its not that complicated. Your entitled to your own opinion but not your own reality.
JettJackson wrote:3. Don't understand this one tbh, maybe some clarification.
Hes saying that "X" credits would buy a system that gives you a timer before you show up on CPL. This would only be available for hunter class ships. Most likely X would equal 1-2 SMR credits but the amount is to be decided.

at that point you are directly selling power, thats never a good thing for a game thats already hurting in playerbase.
i killed orca.