Trading needs to be harder | Ideas

Discussions about everything, SMR related or not.
N.ator
Beginner Spam Artist

Trading needs to be harder | Ideas

Post by N.ator »

List some ideas you think that would make trading harder, and more challenging all together. Possibly ideas to get hunters more interactive.
ImageImage
N.ator
Beginner Spam Artist

Re: Trading needs to be harder | Ideas

Post by N.ator »

I think we should first bring back the green arrow. Alert the traders more easily, ultimately making trading harder and more difficult.
ImageImage
the570z
Quiet One

Post by the570z »

Have Scout message/CPL alert sounds available. Either just available or for purchase but have game play a sound when you get a new scout msg(with a 10 sec delay) and or when somebody starts gaining xp on the CPL. Would allow hunters to lurk much more effectively without spending an inordinate amount of time staring at a cpl screen.

Right now the game allows you to hunt or trade, hunting is more involved and will always take more time, but allowing you to be less focused when nothing is going on would bring the total time spent actively staring at the cpl screen down to more in line with what traders do thus hopefully allowing more people to do it.
Edgecrusher
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Edgecrusher »

Did I hear someone mention invisible scouts?
the570z
Quiet One

Post by the570z »

I suggested having limpet mine scouts, I.E. you leave a scout in a sector and it attaches to the first enemy ship to go through sector. Stays on it for x turns or till a debugging shop is visited. Owner of scout perhaps can see them on local/gal map at all times and gets pings on movement?
N.ator
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by N.ator »

what about ways to implement / attach scouts inside of a port

and i do like the idea about getting a ping sound when getting a new message or alert (possibly for smr credits)

but i really do think we should at least bring back the arrow
ImageImage
RCK
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by RCK »

N.ator wrote:what about ways to implement / attach scouts inside of a port

and i do like the idea about getting a ping sound when getting a new message or alert (possibly for smr credits)

Think your thinking "bribes"

Which really would be an okay idea... Allows people to bribe port owners to gather information. Could have different types available and varying costs, either with ingame credits or SMR credits (would bring some value back to buying SMR credits)
Page
SMR Coder

Post by Page »

RCK wrote:
N.ator wrote:what about ways to implement / attach scouts inside of a port

Think your thinking "bribes"
Basically invisible scouts that can only be placed on port sectors :P
Kard
Beta Tester

Post by Kard »

Trading is not too easy. Hunters are too lazy and no good enough. SYS Konfig, Orca, Anxiety, SOul, Deathwing, or go back in time to SM days, Cancer, or Dudeman, or Jaimaster, or whoever else you wanna name that killed people effortlessly while they traded. If any of them were still playing, traders would be dieing.

Trading is fine. The problem is, people are trying to hunt in Top racials, instead of racial hunters. Second of all, traders are flying around in PSFs with huge /15 and they take 5 to 7 shots to kill. The only trader with more defence than the racial traders, should be the ATM.

I remember SYS Konfig would hunt in a carapace for the first 2-3 months, and outkill everyone. then late round, he would get an FU with the money and experience he gained from all his kills. He would rack up 20-30 kills, IN A CARAPACE!

Trading is not to easy.

The end.
JettJackson
Fledgling Spam Artist

Post by JettJackson »

Kard wrote:Trading is not too easy. Hunters are too lazy and no good enough. SYS Konfig, Orca, Anxiety, SOul, Deathwing, or go back in time to SM days, Cancer, or Dudeman, or Jaimaster, or whoever else you wanna name that killed people effortlessly while they traded. If any of them were still playing, traders would be dieing.

Trading is fine. The problem is, people are trying to hunt in Top racials, instead of racial hunters. Second of all, traders are flying around in PSFs with huge /15 and they take 5 to 7 shots to kill. The only trader with more defence than the racial traders, should be the ATM.

I remember SYS Konfig would hunt in a carapace for the first 2-3 months, and outkill everyone. then late round, he would get an FU with the money and experience he gained from all his kills. He would rack up 20-30 kills, IN A CARAPACE!

Trading is not to easy.

The end.
This, the thing is hunting is actually too hard when it boils down to it, there just aren't enough people online to make it worth while to hunt these days. Also the fact that most people are now on fast internet makes it so that they can easily escape. You want to make trading harder though? Get rid of the PSF already.
Lead: Sesame Street, Rogue Squad

Co-Lead: Suckas, Black Sun Ascending, Wraith Squadron, Fool's Errend, Team Poker, The Phantom Order, Toxic #5

Member of: Team Pup and Suds, Nintendo Power, System Failure, Crusaders, new dawn, Cereal Killers, Armory, Armory V2, _-=`Perfection`=-_, The Guild, Ragnarok, Heimdall, United Rebels, ilLegitimate Basterds

I've seen and done it all