Federal ships discussion, Mines

Discussions about everything, SMR related or not.
N.ator
Beginner Spam Artist

Federal ships discussion, Mines

Post by N.ator »

From ages ago, one main enssentive to switch to a federal ship was for mines. Today i have experimented in current game. first clearing with a destoryer and then switching to a federal warrent. From what i have found, is that there is no difference between them.

I think we need to fix this. I think there needs to be somewhere in the code giving them, i believe a decent advantage, (maybe only 2 turns instead of 3, or getting hit less from mines/do more damage) and this should be visually seen. by this i mean when switching to this ship it will list this in the description.

Also maybe have it like 10% less mines will hit etc. but i like the idea of having it only cost 2 turns and have it normal, or do more damage and get hit less.
ImageImage
Page
SMR Coder

Re: Federal ships discussion, Mines

Post by Page »

Well fed ships do take less damage from mines, something that could be done to make that clearer is to give that as an advantage to the DCS and give fed ships the ability to get DCS (it would also buff nijarin, I don't really see them much but not sure if that's because there's anything bad about them or just people aren't fans - I know I personally like Salvene). Would maybe have to drop the defence of them very slightly to make up for the increased ship vs ship power. Anyway that's just an idea of a way to make it slightly more visible.
N.ator
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by N.ator »

maybe that is a possibility . to give all federal ships a DCS. they do have jump drive, which is more exclusive to human so giving them a DCS would give that extra edge. because they are very expensive ships which arent really being used bc they are so expensive and "not that good"

but giving them a DCS doesnt solve my problem, about mine clearning.. i have cleared mines for 30 minutes and i did not see any difference.
ImageImage
Page
SMR Coder

Post by Page »

They already take reduced damage compared to non-fed ships, the DCS change was to make it more visible when looking at ship stats, but they do still take less damage regardless of that.
N.ator
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by N.ator »

how much less damage?
ImageImage
Freon22
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by Freon22 »

A mine gives 20 damage points. If you are in a Fed ship you take half the damage, thats 10 damage points per mine. Thats is what it was unless it has been changed.
Incognito
Quiet One

Post by Incognito »

Freon22 wrote:A mine gives 20 damage points. If you are in a Fed ship you take half the damage, thats 10 damage points per mine. Thats is what it was unless it has been changed.
(According to update logs ingame)
1.6.7 (4/4/2011 6:40:00 PM):
Mines
The formula for number of mines that hit now takes into account the total number of mines in the sector.
Shooting at mines clears your safe (green) sector, so make sure that's a risk you can afford to take when you start shooting. If an alliance member clears your green sector by shooting on mines then the changes to your green sector will be updated by the autorefresh.
Fed ships now take 75% damage from mines rather than 50%.
I+N+C+O+G+N+I+T+O=Not you

I took a calculated risk. Unfortunately, I am bad at math.
Freon22
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by Freon22 »

Wow another bad change on mine damage to FUs, kind of make the FU a lot over priced for what you get.
the570z
Quiet One

Post by the570z »

Solo clearing is more to annoy other people, It takes very few turns to walk into a sector and shoot stacks during an op. Why bother with fed ships for annoying people? Id say buffing Niji is a good idea as a fury has trouble even beating a mother ship, against something like an EoS, fuggetaboudit.
N.ator
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by N.ator »

wow so wait now fed ships take MORE damage!!??????
ImageImage