Making Trading harder: Take 2

Discussions about everything, SMR related or not.
silverx2
Quiet One

Re: Making Trading harder: Take 2

Post by silverx2 »

i think adding a loading/unloading time should be strongly considered.

this would make trading across the board a little less safe without having to change anything else. The more holds you have the longer it takes to load/unload your goods. nothing crazy maybe only a few seconds for the psf, just enough that traders wont be in and out having bought and sold in under 2 seconds.
i killed orca.
Kard
Beta Tester

Post by Kard »

PSF is the number one problem. Its too safe. Go look through all the fed routes and tell me what you see. Its nothing but PSF.
silverx2
Quiet One

Post by silverx2 »

Kard wrote:PSF is the number one problem. Its too safe. Go look through all the fed routes and tell me what you see. Its nothing but PSF.
if a psf took 6 seconds after each trade before you could trade again that safeness to profit ratio would lower substantially.
i killed orca.
Kard
Beta Tester

Post by Kard »

silverx2 wrote:
Kard wrote:PSF is the number one problem. Its too safe. Go look through all the fed routes and tell me what you see. Its nothing but PSF.
if a psf took 6 seconds after each trade before you could trade again that safeness to profit ratio would lower substantially.
Thats only part of the problem. They can sit in fed or on a planet, safe, for almost a week, and save turns, trade once, then back to safety. If you dont know where they trade, when they trade, and arent online at that moment, they are safe for another week.

I dont think adding page load delays is the answer. I think increasing speed and lowering holds on it, if not all trade ships, is the answer. Make them trade every other day or max out on turns.

Also, take away the /15. Right now, the IST, if you get a lucky shot, can be 1 shotted. A PSF, with 3 lucky shots, could die. That is a huge difference. On a fast connection, that is 3 seconds diffence. When it only takes 5-7 seconds IS at a port, it takes a second to examine, plus minmum, with extreme luck, 3 seconds to kill a PSF, that is well over half the time they are even IS. If you have regular luck, it takes the same amount of seconds just from attacks, that it takes the PSF to be IS. So if you enter the sector, 1 second after the PSF, its almost mathamatically impossible to kill it, when taking into account an examine, and 3-6 triggers.

Keep trade efficiencies on all ships, but change speed and holds. Lower defence on PSF.

That is an easy alteration to the ship list, as appose to implimenting coding changes to allow page load delays.

always remember KISS

That is my 2 cents.
Sufex
Quiet One

Post by Sufex »

Kard wrote:
silverx2 wrote:
Thats only part of the problem. They can sit in fed or on a planet, safe, for almost a week, and save turns, trade once, then back to safety. If you dont know where they trade, when they trade, and arent online at that moment, they are safe for another week.

I dont think adding page load delays is the answer. I think increasing speed and lowering holds on it, if not all trade ships, is the answer. Make them trade every other day or max out on turns.

Also, take away the /15. Right now, the IST, if you get a lucky shot, can be 1 shotted. A PSF, with 3 lucky shots, could die. That is a huge difference. On a fast connection, that is 3 seconds diffence. When it only takes 5-7 seconds IS at a port, it takes a second to examine, plus minmum, with extreme luck, 3 seconds to kill a PSF, that is well over half the time they are even IS. If you have regular luck, it takes the same amount of seconds just from attacks, that it takes the PSF to be IS. So if you enter the sector, 1 second after the PSF, its almost mathamatically impossible to kill it, when taking into account an examine, and 3-6 triggers.

Keep trade efficiencies on all ships, but change speed and holds. Lower defence on PSF.

That is an easy alteration to the ship list, as appose to implimenting coding changes to allow page load delays.

always remember KISS

That is my 2 cents.
When is the last time a PSF was killed in 3 shots?

NP -=Shadow=- SF LB Crusaders Armory Armory V2 GS
Kard
Beta Tester

Post by Kard »

Sufex wrote:
I said 3 lucky shots didnt I? :lol:

But your comment reinforces my point that the defence of the PSF needs nerfing
JettJackson
Fledgling Spam Artist

Post by JettJackson »

Kard wrote:
Sufex wrote:
I said 3 lucky shots didnt I? :lol:

But your comment reinforces my point that the defence of the PSF needs nerfing
Exactly, hell we are talking hunters trying to kill PSF, when was the last time you saw a hunter kill a PSF in 4 shots let alone 3. If someone cant get away in 4 shots then there is a problem.
Lead: Sesame Street, Rogue Squad

Co-Lead: Suckas, Black Sun Ascending, Wraith Squadron, Fool's Errend, Team Poker, The Phantom Order, Toxic #5

Member of: Team Pup and Suds, Nintendo Power, System Failure, Crusaders, new dawn, Cereal Killers, Armory, Armory V2, _-=`Perfection`=-_, The Guild, Ragnarok, Heimdall, United Rebels, ilLegitimate Basterds

I've seen and done it all
the570z
Quiet One

Post by the570z »

Id say for one round just take the PSF out of the game, let folks use a PF if they want big slow and hard to kill.

If this proves to be beneficial, then lets continue on to revamp trade ships so that ships like the Thief(ignore the fact that it cloaks for this plz) that require you to be out trading longer will get you the highest trade power(and thus cash and xp). Basically set up the system to make the riskiest ships also the most efficient. Encouraging risky behavior by traders will help out hunters as well as make it tougher on the traders by making them devote more time to trading and/or trade more then once per day.

I think its a bad idea to force traders to have their cheese hanging out in the wind as it will create undue tensions from pods being blamed on unfair changes. If it is instead a system where they have trade-offs and must chose between safety and efficiency then taking risks becomes their decision and can no longer become a source of much aggravation and fighting(if you dont believe me, look at the number of cheating allegations that surface after pods already, then think about how it would go if an entire wing of the game thinks that the other wing cheated by changing the rules, its a recipe for rage quits yo!)
the570z
Quiet One

Post by the570z »

While were at it, the Skant trade master prolly ought to have its defense dropped back in line with the PF as its already the most efficient trader in the game by far, no need to have it be as invincible as the PSF was/is as well.
Incognito
Quiet One

Post by Incognito »

the570z wrote:While were at it, the Skant trade master prolly ought to have its defense dropped back in line with the PF as its already the most efficient trader in the game by far, no need to have it be as invincible as the PSF was/is as well.

I am not sure I would go that far. Skant already doesn't have a lot going for them, and the trade master should be the top trading ship.
I+N+C+O+G+N+I+T+O=Not you

I took a calculated risk. Unfortunately, I am bad at math.