npc's trading?

Discussions about everything, SMR related or not.
N.ator
Beginner Spam Artist

npc's trading?

Post by N.ator »

so since there are npcs can i have more information about them?

will they show up oncpl? how many are playing at once? once they die do they re apear? do you gain exp by killing them? what kind of ships are they in? will they call more npc's if they are attcked? can they assist you in opping ports? possibly pay money for npcs to come and help?
ImageImage
Beausoleil
Quiet One

Re: npc's trading?

Post by Beausoleil »

N.ator wrote:so since there are npcs can i have more information about them?

will they show up oncpl? how many are playing at once? once they die do they re apear? do you gain exp by killing them? what kind of ships are they in? will they call more npc's if they are attcked? can they assist you in opping ports? possibly pay money for npcs to come and help?
I don't have all the answers, but here are the answers to the best of my knowledge:

1) Yes, they appear on CPL.
2) I don't believe there is a limit about how many can play at once. Random trading times?
3) Yes, they reship after being podded
4) Yes, you gain experience from killing them
5) They are in standard trade ships
6) I don't believe they will call in other ships; these NPCs are trade-only for now, and so will only be in trade ships, not attack ships.
7) They cannot assist you in opping ports. NPCs exist only in their own alliance ("Middleearth") for now and cannot be hired or placed in other alliances.

Hope this helps.
Harry Krishna
Beta Test Team Leader

Post by Harry Krishna »

I like NPCs, they add to the game. However, they should follow the same rules that players have to, specifically, not dropping forces on locations. It's an age-old law of SMR physics and they should follow it too.
that which pods you makes you stronger
Kard
Beta Tester

Post by Kard »

Harry Krishna wrote:I like NPCs, they add to the game. However, they should follow the same rules that players have to, specifically, not dropping forces on locations. It's an age-old law of SMR physics and they should follow it too.
Small overseight. Didnt really affect the round. Will probably be changed next round.
Page
SMR Coder

Post by Page »

Harry Krishna wrote:I like NPCs, they add to the game. However, they should follow the same rules that players have to, specifically, not dropping forces on locations. It's an age-old law of SMR physics and they should follow it too.
The NPCs do follow the same rules as players, besides that they don't actually drop forces anywhere, however Spock manually edited the database to put forces on those locations (using the NPC accounts for the owners), so the mines in neutrals/on locations are not actually related to the NPCs.