Question to Rain of Death

Discussions about everything, SMR related or not.
Purify
Newbie Spam Artist

Question to Rain of Death

Post by Purify »

According to your leader who designed this map the planet galaxy has
Azool wrote:certain planet “clusters” around. Each cluster has unique advantages and disadvantages.
Also, according to your leader
Azool wrote:The hunter/opper can either land on a planet and save 100+ turns of arming per day, but risk dying, or they can sit in fed and spend 100+ turns arming with the best weapons before an op/hunting. If the player takes more of a risk, they are rewarded with having to spend less turns and they can play longer.
So my question is why do you follow a who seems to take none of the risks and thus receives none of the advantages?...... Advantages that he purposely designed for players to want to have.

But I guess this is like asking Americans why they elected George W Bush twice........ fear.
RCK
Beginner Spam Artist

Re: Question to Rain of Death

Post by RCK »

ooooh someone is calling someone out ;)
SpaceSock
Quiet One

Post by SpaceSock »

Puri...you know if they had any territory they would be crushed and discarded like rubble. Even if we gave them planet NAP they would still lose it. So they choose to sit in fed for a couple days perfectly safe and randomly OP. RoD has lost their man cards+sack.
the570z
Quiet One

Post by the570z »

We already won this round, you folks needed a part II just to get on the playing field. Besides that, the reset cost us half our team, the fact that you cant beat us down when we are outnumbered 2-1 in active players looks bad on you, not us. Oh and yhea, we flattened your fleet tonight too... :)
Infinity
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Infinity »

Well, for the time being it is 34 to 13 in kills for TR... I dont feel flattened yet :P

On the topic, good question.

Then also on the topic - second Azool's quote..

Actually, if you're going to hunt, that will happen mostly in racials, arming is really easy, of course if you're Nijarin, and it takes... no turns what so ever. Only problem is going to CA, but if you manage your forces well, no need to go to CA more than twice a week. Parking on planets, on the other hand, gives a lengthy 50-70 turns trip to any racial galaxy.

Dedicated Vindicator Pilot
Use The Force(s)!
Purify
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Purify »

the570z wrote:We already won this round, you folks needed a part II just to get on the playing field. Besides that, the reset cost us half our team, the fact that you cant beat us down when we are outnumbered 2-1 in active players looks bad on you, not us. Oh and yhea, we flattened your fleet tonight too... :)
My question actually has nothing to do with other alliances.

Rain of Death's leader, in his 10 paragraph description of this map, explicitly said that parking in fed for hunters / oppers would be disadvantageous because of the long arming routes and the fact that they wouldn't 'control' the various resources in the "Strife Galaxy". Yet this is still the way he decided his team should play. This makes me curious as to why his team would still continue to follow him.

You do make one good point though.... half your team did leave after the reset so maybe that half realized just how much of a neckbeard their leader was being.
Beausoleil
Quiet One

Post by Beausoleil »

Purify wrote:Rain of Death's leader, in his 10 paragraph description of this map, explicitly said that parking in fed for hunters / oppers would be disadvantageous because of the long arming routes and the fact that they wouldn't 'control' the various resources in the "Strife Galaxy". Yet this is still the way he decided his team should play. This makes me curious as to why his team would still continue to follow him.
There is a myth that leaders "make" their team play a certain way. A leader is bound by the abilities (and availability) of their followers. People do not always rise to the occasion for various reasons, and while a good leader can mitigate this, s/he cannot eliminate it. Just own up to the fact that sometimes strategies do not work out for the best for a given team, and that it isn't entirely the leader's fault. The ad hominem attacks get tiring to read.
Purify
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Purify »

Beausoleil wrote:
Purify wrote:Rain of Death's leader, in his 10 paragraph description of this map, explicitly said that parking in fed for hunters / oppers would be disadvantageous because of the long arming routes and the fact that they wouldn't 'control' the various resources in the "Strife Galaxy". Yet this is still the way he decided his team should play. This makes me curious as to why his team would still continue to follow him.
There is a myth that leaders "make" their team play a certain way. A leader is bound by the abilities (and availability) of their followers. People do not always rise to the occasion for various reasons, and while a good leader can mitigate this, s/he cannot eliminate it. Just own up to the fact that sometimes strategies do not work out for the best for a given team, and that it isn't entirely the leader's fault. The ad hominem attacks get tiring to read.
A legit point.

But I have to ask if this means that he really wanted to play to defend planets and because of his team's sucky abilities and low availability he cannot do that?... Is this what you are saying happened?

Also, ad hominem attacks rarely happen on here.... you wouldn't know though because you have a lame personality.
Infinity
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Infinity »

Well, RoD does appear to be taking some planets... however, the mentality of "trying to screw up" instead of "trying to make your own" has not proven as best tactic over the years... *shrugs*

Still, there is a huge difference between arming for hunting and arming for OPing, especially on this map.
Use The Force(s)!
the570z
Quiet One

Post by the570z »

I think the best response to this thread can be summed up in three words...

U Mad Bro?