Question to Rain of Death

Discussions about everything, SMR related or not.
Azool
SMR Coder

Re: Question to Rain of Death

Post by Azool »

Purify:

There are several points here.

First, you clearly don't understand what a trade-off is. What it means is there are advantages and disadvantages to BOTH situations (not just to 1 situation as you seem to think). To decide which route you want to take, you have to weigh whether the advantages outweigh the disadvantages.

In the case of planet vs fed the trade-off is safety vs turns. If we land on planets, we risk being opped and losing money (in lost ships) and turns (in rearming after the deaths). If we fed, we lose turns.

In the current game, the odds of any planet that we claim being busted within 48 hours is pretty high. Thus, the risk is high (for various reasons). The reward is 100 turns saved. So in this case saving 100 turns is not worth the 75% chance of dying.

Second, Beau is right. I can't force people to do anything. The way RoD is run, we seek player input and decide things as a group. We aren't ruled by tyrants (and never will be)

Third...I don't expect you to understand this next point...so I'm just going to leave it out.

Fourth, there are strategic reasons for what we are doing, but of course I'm not going to give them away. Maybe you can figure 1 of them out (but I'm not betting on that)

But, don't worry, now that we are getting some more activity we'll keep up the pressure and things will turn around nicely
Men are born to succeed, not fail.
-Henry David Thoreau
Infinity
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Infinity »

That is all a bit insulting, Azool, you could have just said we are too stupid to understand.
Use The Force(s)!
the570z
Quiet One

Post by the570z »

K, I believe now you cannot argue that you have been trounced. Cheers Mate!
JettJackson
Fledgling Spam Artist

Post by JettJackson »

the570z wrote:K, I believe now you cannot argue that you have been trounced. Cheers Mate!
How about offering something to the discussion besides meme based annoying posted like your previous post and insults like this one. This may come as a shock to you but this was actually a legitimate thread asking a legitimate question.

Try and be on topic.
Lead: Sesame Street, Rogue Squad

Co-Lead: Suckas, Black Sun Ascending, Wraith Squadron, Fool's Errend, Team Poker, The Phantom Order, Toxic #5

Member of: Team Pup and Suds, Nintendo Power, System Failure, Crusaders, new dawn, Cereal Killers, Armory, Armory V2, _-=`Perfection`=-_, The Guild, Ragnarok, Heimdall, United Rebels, ilLegitimate Basterds

I've seen and done it all
Beausoleil
Quiet One

Post by Beausoleil »

JettJackson wrote:This may come as a shock to you but this was actually a legitimate thread asking a legitimate question.
Disagree...was just trolling. If it was a real question, it wouldn't have been phrased so insultingly or aggressively.
Purify
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Purify »

Azool:

So you make this uniquely annoying map.... force everyone to play it.... write out 11 paragraphs on why your map is so awesome and why we should all want to play it.... and then.... play the game the same as if JJ had made the map?...

It is this logic I don't understand. If you wanted to make a game new fun and interesting why wouldn't you play it differently?

I like your insults though.. I don't think I've ever been told I was wrong for 'several reasons' and then told I was too stupid to understand the third out of four reasons. It's almost like you really only had three reasons but thought you would sound more clever if you listed four.
the570z
Quiet One

Post by the570z »

A. This is a trolling thread. Meant to goad us into going offensive
B. It kinda worked, you got your assault you wanted, just didnt go how you planned
C. You still mad.
D. Your offering insults instead of playing the map, we gave ourselves a huge disadvantage and you did exactly squat about it, who's fault is that?
E. Since im guessing you couldnt figure out what to do about it, we had few active people, and were forced to use fed as we were incapible of defending a rock, you for whatever reason I cannot fathom, chose not to use the map layout of two ways to major weapon shops and bottleneck warps to mine and kill us arming. Again your own damned fault.
F. You really should have learned that since the stink some of your people put up about being unable to get weapons last round triggered a restart that actually killed an awful lot of enthusiasm and what had been a close and competitive round too that point.
G. Personally attacking me over the fact that I made fun of this ridiculous thread is perfect example of why the U mad bro? applied.
H. Im just trying to get through the entire alphabet.
I. Oh and only a fool declares he knows where somebody parks when he obviously does not. Not our fault you couldn't be bothered to look. A little misdirection for a couple days certainly made you convinced we were in one place when in reality we had taken a radically different tack. Cheers mate, you all got played, owned and played again! Now how about less whining about it and a little bit more sportsmanlike conduct.
Last edited by the570z on Sun Aug 21, 2011 7:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Page
SMR Coder

Post by Page »

the570z wrote:F. You really should have learned that since the stink some of your people put up about being unable to get weapons last round triggered a restart that actually killed an awful lot of enthusiasm and what had been a close and competitive round too that point.
How many 8) times do I have to tell you that it was more your alliance than any other that actually triggered the restart, so stop bringing up this completely invalid accusation.
the570z
Quiet One

Post by the570z »

Oh its totally valid, our only gripe was that adding weapons wreaked our strategy of taking and holding a weapon... Certainly you cant argue with that can you?
Chain of events goes like this:
A. Players outside our alliance gripe over not being able to get HHG, which we had taken up residence around.
B. People didnt connect the dots that galaxy around HHG lacked any other advantages besides controlling HHG
C. They added weapons to other gal
D. Seldums team ops immediatly after weapons are added thus gaining an extra 50 turns to op with
E. We finally get a chance to explain why adding was a bad idea
F. Everybody agrees with us, and then because it would be too unfair to seldums team(they had taken some unoccupied planets and killed jester) it is decided the only option is to reset the entire round.

So we are guilty of at best raising a valid concern. The entire issue came from others, and the lack of being sportsmanlike and offering a reset back to before change was made left "no choice but a reset". It was especially galling since these were the same folks that threw such a fit about opping after a change was made and demanded restitution, then opped right after a change was made and declared themselves without fault...
MrSpock
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by MrSpock »

i think everyone should calm down here. Take one step back and look at it again. No need to insult the other team. That goes for both (three that is) sides.
We will add your biological and technological distinctiveness to our own.
Your trader will adapt to service us. Resistance is futile. We are the creator of SMR.