New Map Discussion for Next Game

Discussions about everything, SMR related or not.
the570z
Quiet One

Re: New Map Discussion for Next Game

Post by the570z »

I vote for bouncers map! That looks incredibly fun!
JettJackson
Fledgling Spam Artist

Post by JettJackson »

The only downside to this map is that arming would probably be easy to do from racials, and if there is a fed in the neutral then it would be incredibly easy to arm up from there. Plus with the one neutral you have easy hunter access from racial to racial. Overall it is an interesting map but would make having a fed alliance pretty easy, plus the limitation of only 3 planet gals might be hard if we have 4 alliances next game, which could be entirely plausible.
Lead: Sesame Street, Rogue Squad

Co-Lead: Suckas, Black Sun Ascending, Wraith Squadron, Fool's Errend, Team Poker, The Phantom Order, Toxic #5

Member of: Team Pup and Suds, Nintendo Power, System Failure, Crusaders, new dawn, Cereal Killers, Armory, Armory V2, _-=`Perfection`=-_, The Guild, Ragnarok, Heimdall, United Rebels, ilLegitimate Basterds

I've seen and done it all
Infinity
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Infinity »

It also grossly over powers jump drive and hunting from planet galaxies.

So, add one small tunnel galaxy for each warp leading from neutral to racial galaxy.
Use The Force(s)!
JettJackson
Fledgling Spam Artist

Post by JettJackson »

Infinity wrote:It also grossly over powers jump drive and hunting from planet galaxies.

So, add one small tunnel galaxy for each warp leading from neutral to racial galaxy.
The problem with this is that its more of an annoyance, plus adding a small tunnel gal is adding 10 turns minimal between the two, which would add up very quickly.

Co-Lead: Suckas, Black Sun Ascending, Wraith Squadron, Fool's Errend, Team Poker, The Phantom Order, Toxic #5

Member of: Team Pup and Suds, Nintendo Power, System Failure, Crusaders, new dawn, Cereal Killers, Armory, Armory V2, _-=`Perfection`=-_, The Guild, Ragnarok, Heimdall, United Rebels, ilLegitimate Basterds

the570z
Quiet One

Post by the570z »

I dont think JD would be such a big deal, and whats wrong with hunting from planet gals, hunting from fed is lame! You two seem to be the biggest advocates for an ability being made stronger by a map when its one you use more often... Anyway, If JD really needed to be nerfed before people would play this, why not add in a distance limit of like 25 turns or something or making a temp change that jumping through warps made for much higher miss rate. Funnel/Drip/Drop gals just waste lots of turns and make for less action in game, both of which suck.
JettJackson
Fledgling Spam Artist

Post by JettJackson »

the570z wrote:I dont think JD would be such a big deal, and whats wrong with hunting from planet gals, hunting from fed is lame! You two seem to be the biggest advocates for an ability being made stronger by a map when its one you use more often... Anyway, If JD really needed to be nerfed before people would play this, why not add in a distance limit of like 25 turns or something or making a temp change that jumping through warps made for much higher miss rate. Funnel/Drip/Drop gals just waste lots of turns and make for less action in game, both of which suck.

No we are talking about hunting from fed, from the neutral fed in the neutral gal. And you can't change the jump on account of one game only to go and change it back, that's just silliness to suggest that.

Incognito
Quiet One

Post by Incognito »

I was going to suggest no neutral fed at all. Force people to go to the neutrals or move out to planets.
I+N+C+O+G+N+I+T+O=Not you

I took a calculated risk. Unfortunately, I am bad at math.
the570z
Quiet One

Post by the570z »

Why, if its a single line or two of code it wouldn't exactly be a massive shift... Of course im guessing on that but since it uses distance jumped(currently, no idea what new code will be) one would think adding in a fail message if distance jumped(J) is greater then 25.
Infinity
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Infinity »

I'm not advocating anything, I just see myself sitting in a jump ship in that central galaxy and chasing people all over the place cause of ease of access, and I find it overpowering for JD, nothing else.
Use The Force(s)!
Lence

Post by Lence »

Same ol' same ol'.

I have 2 maps to propose with another seperate twist. Game looks stagnate. Kick up the competition abit and drop max alliance members to 10 for a game. Dropping the alliance cap to 10 for a game kicks things into a whole other ball game and might possibly make it more appealing to new players to stick around longer/play more. Plus more alliances with jacked up turns turns the galaxy a whole lot more violent...which we like.

Anyways...two random crazy maps:

1: Kinda standard ring, moving in center from the outter racials.
g1.GIF
2: More of an actual solar system setup, more neutrals, more planet galaxys with a twist.
g2.GIF
Random thoughts
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-Lence
I deal in pods