Caretaker donate

Discussions about everything, SMR related or not.
Freon22
Beginner Spam Artist

Caretaker donate

Post by Freon22 »

While I was testing some css stuf I seen the below Announcements in the game. In the pass I have donated a fair amount of money but seeing how I am not playing SMR these days I have not donated. Since MrSpock wants to try this new text message system out I am willing to match total donations up to a max of $50.00 dollars. So I will message Spock and let him know that as soon as he tell me he has $50.00 in donations from the players that I will send him my $50.00.
I don't do the paypal thing I alway just sent him cash but he knows that. So if you can spare a dollar or two it will add up and you guys will have a text message system to try out.
Caretaker can send out SMS messages to your fellow smr players. How does that work you ask? First you need to set your alliance channel in the option dialog of your alliance. You have two commands at your disposal:

!sms send MrSpock Sending text messages works!

which is pretty self explanatory. Sometimes you don't remember how nicks are spelled. For example Beausoleil. Caretaker has a search function as well.

!sms search beau%
>MrSpock, Beausoleil has provided a cell phone number and can receive text messages.

For the moment the actual sending is disabled because it's a prepaid account and there is no money in it. I want to open this service to all players. Everyone should be able to use it. So i ask you today to donate to SMR so all can benefit from it. One text message does cost 3 (Euro)cents + VAT. So 100$ would enable us to send almost 3000 text messages. Please donate for a good cause!

Thank you!
MrSpock
N.ator
Beginner Spam Artist

Re: Caretaker donate

Post by N.ator »

do you need to have your nick registered in irc?
ImageImage