WHy are Custom CSS files bad or how to go around IG?

Discussions about everything, SMR related or not.
Page
SMR Coder

Re: WHy are Custom CSS files bad or how to go around IG?

Post by Page »

N.ator, there is not one quite that easy as far as I know, however in any browser other than firefox you can hit F12 and it will bring up a little developer tool (for firefox you have to install the firebug addon first), you can then use an inspect button in the tool (often uses a pointer icon for its button), then you can click on the bit of the page you want and type css on the right of the developer tool and it will instantly apply that CSS, so that's the closest you can get afaik.
Page
SMR Coder

Post by Page »

Page wrote:I'll leave it as my layout for a while and see how my thoughts change on it (Although I will have to layer it on top of Blue as I cannot deal with lack of table borders - specially on messages).
Ok, I've had it as my colour scheme for quite a while now, has definitely grown on me, still needs to be able to be used standalone though but otherwise works for me :)
Jester-
Admin Emeritus

Post by Jester- »

Why not improve IG so you can never see their true defense? That would at least make it useful :P It's not like you can never see them..like some other tech.
JettJackson
Fledgling Spam Artist

Post by JettJackson »

Jester- wrote:Why not improve IG so you can never see their true defense? That would at least make it useful :P It's not like you can never see them..like some other tech.
I think the problem then is that it would make IG too powerful especially with the potential changes with respect to the cloak.
Lead: Sesame Street, Rogue Squad

Co-Lead: Suckas, Black Sun Ascending, Wraith Squadron, Fool's Errend, Team Poker, The Phantom Order, Toxic #5

Member of: Team Pup and Suds, Nintendo Power, System Failure, Crusaders, new dawn, Cereal Killers, Armory, Armory V2, _-=`Perfection`=-_, The Guild, Ragnarok, Heimdall, United Rebels, ilLegitimate Basterds

I've seen and done it all
RCK
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by RCK »

JettJackson wrote:
Jester- wrote:Why not improve IG so you can never see their true defense? That would at least make it useful :P It's not like you can never see them..like some other tech.
I think the problem then is that it would make IG too powerful especially with the potential changes with respect to the cloak.
Exactly how does that make the IG to 'powerful'? The whole premise of the IG is to hide your ships true stats.
Freon22
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by Freon22 »

Page wrote:
Page wrote:I'll leave it as my layout for a while and see how my thoughts change on it (Although I will have to layer it on top of Blue as I cannot deal with lack of table borders - specially on messages).
Ok, I've had it as my colour scheme for quite a while now, has definitely grown on me, still needs to be able to be used standalone though but otherwise works for me :)
I almost finished the standalone of that color theme. But last month one of my men got hurt on the job so he is now out on worker com. That means I have to do his job plus my own work, just not enough hours in the day. He has been out for 7 weeks and this coming week he has to go back to the Doctor to see if he can return to work. If he gets the OK it is still going to take a week for me to get caught up on my own work. But I should be able to spend some more time finishing the dark color theme.
Freon22
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by Freon22 »

Page could you give a link to the SMR default CSS file? I use to have it but I lost it or its hiding somewhere on one of my computers. lol
RCK
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by RCK »

Page
SMR Coder

Post by Page »

Freon22 wrote:
Page could you give a link to the SMR default CSS file? I use to have it but I lost it or its hiding somewhere on one of my computers. lol
That and the colour scheme are the only css files included in the html I believe, if you come across a minified version of the css just change the "css" in the url to "originalCSS"
Freon22
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by Freon22 »

Thanks RCK and Page but not those. I mean the normal SMR default css not the Freon22 layout.

I can pick the classes out with firebug but if I has the file it would make things easier.