WHy are Custom CSS files bad or how to go around IG?

Discussions about everything, SMR related or not.
Freon22
Beginner Spam Artist

Re: WHy are Custom CSS files bad or how to go around IG?

Post by Freon22 »

For those that don't know how to use Chrome to change your css styles here is a link so you can check it out in the game.

Just remember to enable the Freon22 layout then add the link.

http://video.smrealms.de/css/dark.css
N.ator
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by N.ator »

definitely cool fureon! good work!
ImageImage
Page
SMR Coder

Post by Page »

Is this meant to be layered on top of one of the current CSS files? As by itself it seems to be missing some stuff, borders for stuff on CS for one, star background (it looks better in some regards layered on top of Blue layout). Also under preferences the banners are blue still (using colour scheme of none), I guess that's an oversight? Personally I still prefer the blue myself as it's brighter and more colourful, although I feel this new one could well grow on me as it seems fairly sleek overall.
I'll leave it as my layout for a while and see how my thoughts change on it (Although I will have to layer it on top of Blue as I cannot deal with lack of table borders - specially on messages).
Freon22
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by Freon22 »

LOL I lost my copy of the css for the Freon22 layout. I took the blue layout and adjusted it for darker colors. So you are right it is kind of a layer for the Blue layout it can be used with the Freon22 default and looks just as well. I was hoping this dark layout could replace that orange colored default one. I did miss some stuff : -) sorry! I will fix the Preferences banners tomorrow.
Page
SMR Coder

Post by Page »

Well you can grab the css from http://smrealms.de/css/Freon22/Blue.css and http://smrealms.de/css/Freon22/Default.css, obviously in order to be added as it's own file it needs to include everything it needs from those (ie. with Colour Scheme = None it should look as you want), it is indeed growing on me, I think I still prefer the blue layout atm since I got used to it however I'm quite happy with using either atm (assuming I have the extras like table borders/starry background enabled from using ColourScheme=Blue)
Freon22
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by Freon22 »

Thanks Page I will do a complete css file, it may take me a few days with the work load I have right now.
N.ator
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by N.ator »

is there a way we could make a new smr theme, normal format (not fureons) but make it this grey/blue color like the forum?
ImageImage
Page
SMR Coder

Post by Page »

Yea, you just create a custom css file and use that with the default theme, once you get it to a point it's ready I don't mind including it into the game as an extra option.
N.ator
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by N.ator »

does someone know a good program, where its more visual to change css?

for example i can click the background and change the color and then it would change the color?
ImageImage
Freon22
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by Freon22 »

N.ator wrote:does someone know a good program, where its more visual to change css?

for example i can click the background and change the color and then it would change the color?
No I don't know a program like that but there are lots of free css programs to help you.

I looked and this grey is to colors a lighter and darker one. #1b1b1b; #313339;
The blue color for forum headers are #4c85b4; and the hover text color is #5e9bcd;

Hope this helps!