Should I lead an opposing alliance to whales?

Discussions about everything, SMR related or not.
Kard
Beta Tester

Re: Should I lead an opposing alliance to whales?

Post by Kard »

Holti wrote:
Remember how active Azools map was. Then one side lost 26 ships in one op, and went inactive, then there was a reset. Then at the start of the reset, everyone was active again, but the tables had turned, and now the side that was winning before the reset was getting beat. BUT they didnt give up. They stuck it out, went through hard times, and started winning. Then the same side that went inactive before the reset, went inactive again. Same thing happened the round before azools map. One side was winning, the other side went inactive. Ive been back to SMR for every round since the draft round, and there is one common theme. There is a side of this player base that whenever they start losing, quits.
I love how GIA wasn't mentioned at all, despite the fact that 1. we were active (though inexperienced) in the first run of Azool's map, but did not quit. 2. we were active (including claiming alskant for ourselves) in the 2nd run of Azool's map and 3. the only non-whale alliance to have done more than one op this round, and continue to be active traders.
I didnt include GIA for 3 reasons

1) you are casual players and proud of it. you arent trying to win, and state that alot

2) You dont develop planets and minefields, or attack planets. Its been in your alliance motto for rounds.

3) You didnt go inactive. I was focusing on the side that always quits. GIA didnt quit. Seldums team did, and Sufex team quit.
JettJackson
Fledgling Spam Artist

Post by JettJackson »

Holti wrote:
Remember how active Azools map was. Then one side lost 26 ships in one op, and went inactive, then there was a reset. Then at the start of the reset, everyone was active again, but the tables had turned, and now the side that was winning before the reset was getting beat. BUT they didnt give up. They stuck it out, went through hard times, and started winning. Then the same side that went inactive before the reset, went inactive again. Same thing happened the round before azools map. One side was winning, the other side went inactive. Ive been back to SMR for every round since the draft round, and there is one common theme. There is a side of this player base that whenever they start losing, quits.
I love how GIA wasn't mentioned at all, despite the fact that 1. we were active (though inexperienced) in the first run of Azool's map, but did not quit. 2. we were active (including claiming alskant for ourselves) in the 2nd run of Azool's map and 3. the only non-whale alliance to have done more than one op this round, and continue to be active traders.
I commend your team for sticking with it all game and that you have opped more than once. Hopefully next game your team can get more seasoned and advance into greater things :)
Lead: Sesame Street, Rogue Squad

Co-Lead: Suckas, Black Sun Ascending, Wraith Squadron, Fool's Errend, Team Poker, The Phantom Order, Toxic #5

Member of: Team Pup and Suds, Nintendo Power, System Failure, Crusaders, new dawn, Cereal Killers, Armory, Armory V2, _-=`Perfection`=-_, The Guild, Ragnarok, Heimdall, United Rebels, ilLegitimate Basterds

I've seen and done it all
Azool
SMR Coder

Post by Azool »

JettJackson wrote:
Holti wrote:
I commend your team for sticking with it all game and that you have opped more than once. Hopefully next game your team can get more seasoned and advance into greater things :)
Agree, GIA is probably my favorite alliance (just don't tell the Whales I said so ;) )
Men are born to succeed, not fail.
-Henry David Thoreau
Infinity
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Infinity »

I thought he was asking this for next round...
Use The Force(s)!
JettJackson
Fledgling Spam Artist

Post by JettJackson »

Infinity wrote:I thought he was asking this for next round...
Initially it was for this round but there was reluctance from those playing now to have him help them out. so it turned into next game
Lead: Sesame Street, Rogue Squad

Co-Lead: Suckas, Black Sun Ascending, Wraith Squadron, Fool's Errend, Team Poker, The Phantom Order, Toxic #5

Member of: Team Pup and Suds, Nintendo Power, System Failure, Crusaders, new dawn, Cereal Killers, Armory, Armory V2, _-=`Perfection`=-_, The Guild, Ragnarok, Heimdall, United Rebels, ilLegitimate Basterds

I've seen and done it all
Jester-
Admin Emeritus

Post by Jester- »

Well starting 5pm today, i'll start an alliance. All who want in are welcome. Thanks for the replies!
Jester-
Admin Emeritus

Post by Jester- »

Also this alliance will be going into next round. We will be using skype a lot (instead of vent). I expect newbies to be in chat, and/or skype as well. I want to hear you :)
Holti
Quiet One

Post by Holti »

Jester, I posted in my alliance boards that you would be leading an alliance next round, in case any of my vets would like to join up with you.
RCK
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by RCK »

Jester- wrote:Also this alliance will be going into next round. We will be using skype a lot (instead of vent). I expect newbies to be in chat, and/or skype as well. I want to hear you :)
Skype for the win! Dont use it for voice chat, but better then irc for im.
Jester-
Admin Emeritus

Post by Jester- »

I use it for voice chat all the time, it rocks ;)