Should I lead an opposing alliance to whales?

Discussions about everything, SMR related or not.
Jester-
Admin Emeritus

Should I lead an opposing alliance to whales?

Post by Jester- »

It seems everyone has mostly given up this round. Would anyone be interested in me leading an alliance vs the Whales? I could take over GIA/Haste or start another with a merger. I could even arrange a week/two week pnanp and other treaties to get us into some fun fleet fights. Let me know. If there is any real interest and commitments I will do it.
Kard
Beta Tester

Re: Should I lead an opposing alliance to whales?

Post by Kard »

im in
Edgecrusher
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Edgecrusher »

I appreciate the gesture, but it is too late, unless you can conjure level 70 planets, lots of xp and a killer route out of thin air.
Jester-
Admin Emeritus

Post by Jester- »

The route + planets I can acquire. It just takes activity and a non-losing attitude. Some would call it...a winning attitude? No spirit in your game = no win. Yes?
the570z
Quiet One

Post by the570z »

Id join you, this game is no fun without a loyal opposition
Holti
Quiet One

Post by Holti »

I have to agree with Edgecrusher, it's too late. The time to realize that this would be a boring round for everyone was *before* the round started when you guys decided to put all of the super active players in one alliance. I've said it before, and I'll say it again (no doubt in vain). You put most of the superactives in one alliance, and you end up with what we have now. I warned MrSpock of this prior to the round's start when I heard that Orca was putting together an alliance of elites, obviously my warning fell on deaf ears.

Have ANY of you wondered why it's my alliance that fills up? Despite the fact that I'm a rookie leader who is far from the best player in game? Despite the fact that the alliance is focused on training newbies and giving rusty returning vets a chance to improve their skills before playing more seriously? The reality is most of the players in this game are casual. Most of us play as a way to kill some time before heading to work, during work breaks and/or before heading to bed. How many times have I heard you guys state in globals "well, then start to play better!" That statement alone indicates that you have NO clue that most players here are casual. We are not going to treat this game as a career, we already have careers/families that have priority in our lives. SMR is far down that list of priorities for most of us.

The biggest shame is that Bouncer's map is very interesting. If the actives that play 20 hours a day had divvied up a bit between even two alliances, I have no doubts it would have been one of the more exciting rounds. I hope that Bouncer will continue to think of interesting maps, as I view map creativity as being one of the more interesting aspects of this game, always did.
backlash

Post by backlash »

Im in. Rest of you guys are patyhetic... "It is too hard Why try" It is definately tiring to get cash but if we all pulled our collective resources i think we could fair better than you might think"
backlash

Post by backlash »

we all did the draft round. I thought it sucked. any thoughts on the game pairing our 200 players randomly into groups in no order but all equaling 25 players? less control more being put into a situation
JettJackson
Fledgling Spam Artist

Post by JettJackson »

If not for this game it could be for next game. Don't just dismiss the idea immediately when it could be for more than one game.
Lead: Sesame Street, Rogue Squad

Co-Lead: Suckas, Black Sun Ascending, Wraith Squadron, Fool's Errend, Team Poker, The Phantom Order, Toxic #5

Member of: Team Pup and Suds, Nintendo Power, System Failure, Crusaders, new dawn, Cereal Killers, Armory, Armory V2, _-=`Perfection`=-_, The Guild, Ragnarok, Heimdall, United Rebels, ilLegitimate Basterds

I've seen and done it all
Pierce

Post by Pierce »

Eh... No thanks. Wouldn't join Jester if I was paid to. It's all good. It was fun, there's always next round :)