Racial Riot Examination

Discussions about everything, SMR related or not.
Incognito
Quiet One

Racial Riot Examination

Post by Incognito »

Now that we have had a chance to play on the map, I am curious to get the perspective of the player-base on it. Some things I would change (if this style was ever to be used again) would be:

a) Increase speed from 1.5 to 1.75
b) (Very) slight increase in port density in racials
c) Possibly another CA added to Neutral
d) Might be fun to try a random pairing of races.

Unfortunately there was no heavy planet galaxy vs planet galaxy combat this round, which I think also caused a minor increase in the amount of hunters that the Whale Company had (since there was no need to burn turns defending the galaxy daily).
I+N+C+O+G+N+I+T+O=Not you

I took a calculated risk. Unfortunately, I am bad at math.
Holti
Quiet One

Re: Racial Riot Examination

Post by Holti »

I liked the map, and if we had divided up the super active vets between two alliances, feel it would have been one of the more exciting rounds.

People should probably start thinking about lowering the alliance cap. Even lowering it to 20 would be a very good start. I think we have at least 40 super active players.

for me, I"ll still continue what I'm doing with GIA. I had some success with newbies last round, had less success this round due to heavy hunting.
Azool
SMR Coder

Post by Azool »

I've been thinking a 20+10 alliance cap would be nice, but it would make it pretty difficult once you get towards the end of the game and have to bust big level 70 planets.
Men are born to succeed, not fail.
-Henry David Thoreau
Kard
Beta Tester

Post by Kard »

I liked this map but i think azools map was more fun.
JettJackson
Fledgling Spam Artist

Post by JettJackson »

Azool wrote:I've been thinking a 20+10 alliance cap would be nice, but it would make it pretty difficult once you get towards the end of the game and have to bust big level 70 planets.
I am thinking of a 25-12 cap for next game, this way it forces everyone to recruit newbs
Lead: Sesame Street, Rogue Squad

Co-Lead: Suckas, Black Sun Ascending, Wraith Squadron, Fool's Errend, Team Poker, The Phantom Order, Toxic #5

Member of: Team Pup and Suds, Nintendo Power, System Failure, Crusaders, new dawn, Cereal Killers, Armory, Armory V2, _-=`Perfection`=-_, The Guild, Ragnarok, Heimdall, United Rebels, ilLegitimate Basterds

I've seen and done it all
Page
SMR Coder

Post by Page »

Azool wrote:I've been thinking a 20+10 alliance cap would be nice, but it would make it pretty difficult once you get towards the end of the game and have to bust big level 70 planets.
Well only GIA and Whales got to 20 (exactly) vets anyway, so that cap would be unlikely to cause an issue really.

Also JJ is that a 13 vet, up to 25 newbie cap I presume? I personally would be ok with that, it would reward alliances that successfully trained up newbies much more than the recent caps have been doing. Maybe not quite so drastic and more the 15-16 mark though.
JettJackson
Fledgling Spam Artist

Post by JettJackson »

Page wrote:
Well only GIA and Whales got to 20 (exactly) vets anyway, so that cap would be unlikely to cause an issue really.

Also JJ is that a 13 vet, up to 25 newbie cap I presume? I personally would be ok with that, it would reward alliances that successfully trained up newbies much more than the recent caps have been doing. Maybe not quite so drastic and more the 15-16 mark though.
Yes Mister Page 25 total 13vets 12 newbs
Lead: Sesame Street, Rogue Squad

Co-Lead: Suckas, Black Sun Ascending, Wraith Squadron, Fool's Errend, Team Poker, The Phantom Order, Toxic #5

Member of: Team Pup and Suds, Nintendo Power, System Failure, Crusaders, new dawn, Cereal Killers, Armory, Armory V2, _-=`Perfection`=-_, The Guild, Ragnarok, Heimdall, United Rebels, ilLegitimate Basterds

I've seen and done it all