New Map Layout

Discussions about everything, SMR related or not.
JettJackson
Fledgling Spam Artist

Re: New Map Layout

Post by JettJackson »

If mines were corrected the map layout would probably be a non-issue other than neutral fed. But because mines are essentially useless right now the snowball effect has caused the small layout to become an issue also. Btw the game won't go back to a 1.0 speed because that would cause a severe imbalance as more than half the game would just go Thevian. I am sorry but I like playing this game daily and not every 3 days.
Lead: Sesame Street, Rogue Squad

Co-Lead: Suckas, Black Sun Ascending, Wraith Squadron, Fool's Errend, Team Poker, The Phantom Order, Toxic #5

Member of: Team Pup and Suds, Nintendo Power, System Failure, Crusaders, new dawn, Cereal Killers, Armory, Armory V2, _-=`Perfection`=-_, The Guild, Ragnarok, Heimdall, United Rebels, ilLegitimate Basterds

I've seen and done it all
Page
SMR Coder

Post by Page »

Well that's kinda the point of Thevian, you go with them if you want speed over anything else, as it stands you don't really want to sacrifice anything else for speed since speed is not relevant on hardly any ship :P
JettJackson
Fledgling Spam Artist

Post by JettJackson »

Page wrote:Well that's kinda the point of Thevian, you go with them if you want speed over anything else, as it stands you don't really want to sacrifice anything else for speed since speed is not relevant on hardly any ship :P
Its not balanced when half the game goes thevian

Co-Lead: Suckas, Black Sun Ascending, Wraith Squadron, Fool's Errend, Team Poker, The Phantom Order, Toxic #5

Member of: Team Pup and Suds, Nintendo Power, System Failure, Crusaders, new dawn, Cereal Killers, Armory, Armory V2, _-=`Perfection`=-_, The Guild, Ragnarok, Heimdall, United Rebels, ilLegitimate Basterds

Grey Death
Admin Emeritus

Post by Grey Death »

Let them go Thevian, makes it that much easier for the rest of us. Any WQ, Creo, or Nij player would love to have only 5 other players in their racial. But let's be honest, most players still pick their race based on their likes and preferences. Only a few pick based solely on speed, and a few pick specific races if they are asked to do so by their alliance leader. I seriously doubt that half the player base would go Thev.
Grey Death
Leader TLS and former War leader KAOS
-A conquered people should know when the are conquered!
Anonymous Roman General
RCK
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by RCK »

Grey Death wrote:Let them go Thevian, makes it that much easier for the rest of us. Any WQ, Creo, or Nij player would love to have only 5 other players in their racial. But let's be honest, most players still pick their race based on their likes and preferences. Only a few pick based solely on speed, and a few pick specific races if they are asked to do so by their alliance leader. I seriously doubt that half the player base would go Thev.
x2
JettJackson
Fledgling Spam Artist

Post by JettJackson »

Grey Death wrote:Let them go Thevian, makes it that much easier for the rest of us. Any WQ, Creo, or Nij player would love to have only 5 other players in their racial. But let's be honest, most players still pick their race based on their likes and preferences. Only a few pick based solely on speed, and a few pick specific races if they are asked to do so by their alliance leader. I seriously doubt that half the player base would go Thev.
When you essentially take everyone's turns and cut about 40% off them you will see a vast majority go the fastest race possible. Trust me on this, we have done experiments with trying a 1.0 speed game or even a 1.25 speed game, and what I am saying happened. I am not just trying to skew things because I absolutely despise 1.0 speed games, I am using previous precedence to solidify my stance here. I also understand you come from way back when 1.0 speed was the golden days but the problem is, then and now are totally different things, we don't have the playerbase like we did then and most people here have only played maybe a game or two under 1.5 speed.

Grey Death
Admin Emeritus

Post by Grey Death »

JettJackson wrote:
When you essentially take everyone's turns and cut about 40% off them you will see a vast majority go the fastest race possible. Trust me on this, we have done experiments with trying a 1.0 speed game or even a 1.25 speed game, and what I am saying happened. I am not just trying to skew things because I absolutely despise 1.0 speed games, I am using previous precedence to solidify my stance here. I also understand you come from way back when 1.0 speed was the golden days but the problem is, then and now are totally different things, we don't have the playerbase like we did then and most people here have only played maybe a game or two under 1.5 speed.
If that is the case, then please identify which rounds that was done so that I can have Page pull the racial numbers to back up your theory.

Thanks
Grey Death
Leader TLS and former War leader KAOS
-A conquered people should know when the are conquered!
Anonymous Roman General
RCK
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by RCK »

Grey Death wrote:If that is the case, then please identify which rounds that was done so that I can have Page pull the racial numbers to back up your theory.

Thanks
Only historical games that were slower was Colonial Conquest (19), speed 1.0 back in 2009. Before that was 1.2 in Colonial Conquest (19) (2007)
RCK
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by RCK »

I had page dig up the racial stats for some past games at 1.0, 1.25 speeds.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc ... mYmc#gid=0

Based on these results, JJ your statements of large #'s of Thevians now has evidence to DISPROVE your statements completely. There is no large percentage of thevians in any of these rounds.
JettJackson
Fledgling Spam Artist

Post by JettJackson »

RCK wrote:I had page dig up the racial stats for some past games at 1.0, 1.25 speeds.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc ... mYmc#gid=0

Based on these results, JJ your statements of large #'s of Thevians now has evidence to DISPROVE your statements completely. There is no large percentage of thevians in any of these rounds.
Did you look at the numbers, 3 of those 6 games Thevian had the most players and you have to also remember this was BEFORE we jumped up to 1.5 1.75 speeds. If you were to do it now I would guarantee the numbers would skew even more so in the favor of Thevian with WQ probably coming in second is its the 2nd fastest race.