New Map Layout

Discussions about everything, SMR related or not.
Blade
Admin Emeritus

Re: New Map Layout

Post by Blade »

Not saying this is the same as SMR but it is what is first and I say it again the login looks impressive, so general joe would probably play.

We might call it boring but it's more active than SMR so something is right.

Google rankings are complicated, but does need to be addressed to help inbound traffic
The truth is there, just don't look blindly
JettJackson
Fledgling Spam Artist

Post by JettJackson »

I agree with Jester, in retrospect I probably should have made this map larger and without the neutral fed among other things. However you aren't the only one building nor is GIA the only ones building.
Lead: Sesame Street, Rogue Squad

Co-Lead: Suckas, Black Sun Ascending, Wraith Squadron, Fool's Errend, Team Poker, The Phantom Order, Toxic #5

Member of: Team Pup and Suds, Nintendo Power, System Failure, Crusaders, new dawn, Cereal Killers, Armory, Armory V2, _-=`Perfection`=-_, The Guild, Ragnarok, Heimdall, United Rebels, ilLegitimate Basterds

I've seen and done it all
Jester-
Admin Emeritus

Post by Jester- »

I'm struggling to see the point of building planets this round. Furthermore with the mine changes i'll have trouble seeing building planets in other rounds unless uno is 25+ away and it takes 150 turns to arm. It takes to much money with the rising cost of mines/drones to build a planet galaxy. It simply isn't worth the effort when they can be scouted and taken so easily.
JettJackson
Fledgling Spam Artist

Post by JettJackson »

Jester- wrote:I'm struggling to see the point of building planets this round. Furthermore with the mine changes i'll have trouble seeing building planets in other rounds unless uno is 25+ away and it takes 150 turns to arm. It takes to much money with the rising cost of mines/drones to build a planet galaxy. It simply isn't worth the effort when they can be scouted and taken so easily.
I have said countless times that because of the mine changes the dynamic of building planets is ruined but maybe if more people say it then it wont just be JJ 'complaining'

Co-Lead: Suckas, Black Sun Ascending, Wraith Squadron, Fool's Errend, Team Poker, The Phantom Order, Toxic #5

Member of: Team Pup and Suds, Nintendo Power, System Failure, Crusaders, new dawn, Cereal Killers, Armory, Armory V2, _-=`Perfection`=-_, The Guild, Ragnarok, Heimdall, United Rebels, ilLegitimate Basterds

Jester-
Admin Emeritus

Post by Jester- »

I think the mine changes are dumb. They happened in the few rounds I missed and I never agreed with them. I've made that abundantly clear.

Mine changes should be as one of the follows:

Make mines 1/4 the cost. If they are so easy to kill and disabused, they should be a lot cheaper. They were raised to an enormous price because of their strength. When you made them useless so you should take down the price.

Change them back so if you mass attack them they at least fire back after dead. It's stupid otherwise.
Blade
Admin Emeritus

Post by Blade »

The mines where never the problem...

Low player numbers, high turn rate and small maps were!
Jester-
Admin Emeritus

Post by Jester- »

Blade have you played since recent mine changes? If you have 5 or so ships in sector you can fire on mines, kill them in one hit, all before they fire back on you. This means they DO NO DAMAGE. You can clear a whole sector with one person's turns and NEVER UNOING! It's a joke.
Blade
Admin Emeritus

Post by Blade »

Jester- wrote:Blade have you played since recent mine changes? If you have 5 or so ships in sector you can fire on mines, kill them in one hit, all before they fire back on you. This means they DO NO DAMAGE. You can clear a whole sector with one person's turns and NEVER UNOING! It's a joke.
Hence my statement, I mean the old mines. Nothing wrong with them never was.
JettJackson
Fledgling Spam Artist

Post by JettJackson »

Blade wrote:The mines where never the problem...

Low player numbers, high turn rate and small maps were!
This is incorrect, sorry to say it. Many other people like playing often and actively. If you are ever going to retain newbs you cant have slow slow slow games. If you turned it down to 1 or 1.25 you'd have 50% of the game going Thevian then, which just proves the slow speed would be unbalanced compared to what people are used to.

JettJackson
Fledgling Spam Artist

Post by JettJackson »

Jester- wrote:Blade have you played since recent mine changes? If you have 5 or so ships in sector you can fire on mines, kill them in one hit, all before they fire back on you. This means they DO NO DAMAGE. You can clear a whole sector with one person's turns and NEVER UNOING! It's a joke.
Basically my argument/reasoning as to why mines are bad now in a nutshell.