Unbalance

Discussions about everything, SMR related or not.
Fatman
Quiet One

Re: Unbalance

Post by Fatman »

geez JJ...did you even read Freons post????? he pointed out all the changes made in favor of hunting...and the only thing you come back with is lose less xp? lets see...psf get whacked cause chosen ones say its trade power was too much....the dc remains unchanged even though it is way overpowered.....cloak + turnspeed+ mines+drones=severly overpowered! but better not change it...might ;) off the chosen ones who think that hunting is the be all end all
JettJackson
Fledgling Spam Artist

Post by JettJackson »

Fatman wrote:geez JJ...did you even read Freons post????? he pointed out all the changes made in favor of hunting...and the only thing you come back with is lose less xp? lets see...psf get whacked cause chosen ones say its trade power was too much....the dc remains unchanged even though it is way overpowered.....cloak + turnspeed+ mines+drones=severly overpowered! but better not change it...might ;) off the chosen ones who think that hunting is the be all end all
Jobu, yes I did read it, and the PSF needed whacking because it was overpowered, just because it was like that for a long time doesn't mean it was correct. I mean what is the reason for a psf to be defensively strong and have the highest trade potential? The fact people could just easily trade to spooky in a PSF is the first issue as its nearly unkillable by a hunter unless the psf were to hit mines. As for the DC its the 2nd most expensive ship in the game at 29 million and more often than not will die to any warbird. If you want to make a change, up its price to be on par with FU, and maybe slow it down a tick, but beyond that I can't justify weakening it. Also if this is a reservation on Sergei having a DC, well that's smart alliance money spent on the best hunter, I see no reason not to spend on a hunter when I know he will do an excellent job at hunting. People for years have been giving best hunting ships to the best hunters in the game.
Freon22 wrote:
JettJackson wrote:I mean honestly a pod is just money and ship anymore.
Last thing then I am done with this thread. JJ what you just said is what I am talking about!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You think people like to play a one sided game and they like to be poded. LOL man thats bad.
Freon I have played for almost 7 years on both sides of the coin, I have died a lot and I have died a little in games, maybe I just don't see the reason to get upset over the pod especially now that things have changed for the better when it comes to deaths.
Lead: Sesame Street, Rogue Squad

Co-Lead: Suckas, Black Sun Ascending, Wraith Squadron, Fool's Errend, Team Poker, The Phantom Order, Toxic #5

Member of: Team Pup and Suds, Nintendo Power, System Failure, Crusaders, new dawn, Cereal Killers, Armory, Armory V2, _-=`Perfection`=-_, The Guild, Ragnarok, Heimdall, United Rebels, ilLegitimate Basterds

I've seen and done it all
Fatman
Quiet One

Post by Fatman »

just because the DC has been the way it is for years, dont change the fact it is overpowered...i raised this issue in the past....bout 3 or 4 years ago to be more precise..there was alot of support for weakening the dc.....nothing was done cause a select few :D and whined about it not being fair to nerf the dc....so 8) it....i am done with this game....things are only changed if a select few want it changed...screw the rest of the player base...and you so called admins are wondering why this game is dead.......
Kard
Beta Tester

Post by Kard »

I think what fatman is saying is

DC is tied for the fastest hunting ship
DC does the most damage out of hunting ships (5hp + 100 drones)
DC has most defence out of hunting ships
DC has clock so he can sleep in open space without disarming or fedding, less turns used, faster response time to prey
DC is 3rd best mining ship in the game
DC can port raid lvl 7 and under, and can port raid lvl 8 and 9 after a few shots
DC can planet stock and trade with 100 holds
DC can kill warbirds that are slightly injured from the 125 mines they carry

Basically, DC is a do everything ship. I think that is what fatman is getting at. Personally I think more weight should be put on the racial uniqeness. That means Only jump ships being Human. Only jump traders being the human jump trader, and the trading race Alskant jump trader. Only cloacking ship should be WQ human. Only 10tph hunter should be Thevian. Thats just my opinion.

As it stands, there are some realy good players, that this game really fits now. Between the 1.75 speed, the smaller gals, the 10tph and cloak(sleep in open space), and their activity level, they are able to be everywhere, without worrying about turns. Its just sort of a perfect storm, and its probably got some people, like fatman frustrated.

Not to mention, the amount of money and exp they get from all those kills, with no penalty to their relations really, so they can then trade at any moment and earn money and exp that way (would be cool if killing that many people, would drop all relations to the point where you cant trade other races even if at peace, and your own race would be like wtf?) I mean 11 kills in like 5 days should do something to you relations across the universe lol.

If nothing else, I think DC should not be able to kill top racials and port raid and mine.
-Drop 50 mines from it
-drop 300 shields from it
-drop 1 tph

It will still be the best hunter by far. It will still have cloak. It will still have 5hp and 100 drones for best damage by a hunting ship. It will still be as fast as any hunting ship except the cara. It will still have 100 holds to stock planets and trade. BUT it wont be able to pwn ever trader,raider,port,planet it comes across.

The DC isnt hugely overpowered, but it is overpowered. And when you mix that overpowered ship, with the new game speeds and small maps, and then mix that with the skillsets that sergei and orca have (ie. being online all the time, super fast triggers, alarms to wake them up from sleeping when there is a ping or something goes up in exp, an alliance that funds them a 30mil ship on day 2, an alliance that feeds them fed reports every day.) it makes for a combo alot of players just dont want to bother to play against.

Its a perfect model that orca and sergei use. They got the race with best weapons and opping ship. They get high exp, then hunt in the best hunter in the game which is a neutral ship, that utilizes the high exp, and then use their races best weapons. Should they ever need to op, they use that same hunting ship to op with. IF they should need to op something very big like a lvl 70, they hop into the best opping ship in the game. Its a great model.

Thats my 2 cents :D however im not quitting. I will just start single mining the entire racial im trading in while i trade. Should sergie start hitting my mines, ill run tralalala back to fed.
Last edited by Kard on Sat Nov 12, 2011 6:41 am, edited 5 times in total.
Freon22
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by Freon22 »

JJ I have also died many times, not so much anymore, I just learned to play smarter. But I do try to look out for the newer players and some of these changes are not fair to some of the players. Not everyone has the years of trading as I do and I am not try to say I am super good or anything. I am just trying to look out for the other guys!
Page
SMR Coder

Post by Page »

Fatman wrote:psf get whacked cause chosen ones say its trade power was too much....
It had both the best trade power and best defence of any ship in the game. It was changed because that was never balanced, and now you have to make the trade off of do you want to be safer or do you want to be more competitive. The reason for making the very early hunters have more weapons was essentially to make the decision between 1st/2nd racial hunters be a case of do you want more speed and less cost or more defence/forces.

At the end of the day the game is about interaction, if you want to trade with no one hunting you then that can be done in beta (gets boring very quickly, trust me). As it stands I want to keep people able to do things and interacting with each other, which is the other side to why the PSF needed changing, not only was it the best such that it made little sense to use other ships, it was also really slow, so anyone in a PSF could only play every other day or so. You couldn't really get around the place or do any of a bunch of fun things - for people who can only play every few days there are still slow ships (with lots of defence too) that they can use, it's just for those trying to get to #1 they need to be active and take risks (or not take risks and just hope it doesn't pay off for those who do).

In short I am not against traders at all, I'm just for interaction in the game.
Fatman
Quiet One

Post by Fatman »

they dont care about anyone but themselves and their friends freon....thats why all the game changes have ben slanted towards hunting...always have been and probably alway s will be
JettJackson
Fledgling Spam Artist

Post by JettJackson »

Page wrote:
Fatman wrote:psf get whacked cause chosen ones say its trade power was too much....
It had both the best trade power and best defence of any ship in the game. It was changed because that was never balanced, and now you have to make the trade off of do you want to be safer or do you want to be more competitive. The reason for making the very early hunters have more weapons was essentially to make the decision between 1st/2nd racial hunters be a case of do you want more speed and less cost or more defence/forces.

At the end of the day the game is about interaction, if you want to trade with no one hunting you then that can be done in beta (gets boring very quickly, trust me). As it stands I want to keep people able to do things and interacting with each other, which is the other side to why the PSF needed changing, not only was it the best such that it made little sense to use other ships, it was also really slow, so anyone in a PSF could only play every other day or so. You couldn't really get around the place or do any of a bunch of fun things - for people who can only play every few days there are still slow ships (with lots of defence too) that they can use, it's just for those trying to get to #1 they need to be active and take risks (or not take risks and just hope it doesn't pay off for those who do).

In short I am not against traders at all, I'm just for interaction in the game.
Can't sum it up more precisely.

Co-Lead: Suckas, Black Sun Ascending, Wraith Squadron, Fool's Errend, Team Poker, The Phantom Order, Toxic #5

Member of: Team Pup and Suds, Nintendo Power, System Failure, Crusaders, new dawn, Cereal Killers, Armory, Armory V2, _-=`Perfection`=-_, The Guild, Ragnarok, Heimdall, United Rebels, ilLegitimate Basterds

Fatman
Quiet One

Post by Fatman »

same old BS page.......using your own theory, the dc has to be changed......re read kards post...i dont want to quote it or retyoe it....there is plain right in front of your eyes proof that the damn DC needs to be, no has to be changed to even things out...but we all know it will never happen cause a select few dont want it changed so it will stay the same. Same old SMR :D....this is why you cant keep new players...:D like this
JettJackson
Fledgling Spam Artist

Post by JettJackson »

Kard wrote:Kard's super long post
FU is hunter class also, just so we are consistent here. Also we are talking about the most expensive 2 ships in the entire game, not just hunting. Sure DC might be too fast, but I dont think it needs all these nerfings especially with other ships having just a shade lower defenses (cara/rav and ITAC is higher defense). I do agree it don't need holds and probably could have them removed. I am fine with it being with 100 mines as there are other ships with more mines than it. I don't know why activity of a player is being brought into this as no one is to know if that will be consistent for one, and we should be promoting active play anyways. As for the fed report part that you mention Kard that's just smart hunting, any alliance could do that, just like any alliance could pool its money and get someone in a DC. TBH I'm a bit surprised you are criticizing smart team play.