Unbalance

Discussions about everything, SMR related or not.
RCK
Beginner Spam Artist

Re: Unbalance

Post by RCK »

10s delay on all his shots! :)
Freon22
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by Freon22 »

Page I asked this when I first heard the accuracy formula had changed. So we use to trade to high levels for the benefit of having a higher weapons accuracy. So what is the reason to trade to a high level now? It can't be the cloak mean it only a matter of time before the cloak get cut down. By the way a lot of people keep talking about player level making it to powerful. That leaves the jump drive????
Page
SMR Coder

Post by Page »

High level still increases accuracy, it's just the increase is relative to the base accuracy of the weapons, so if you are getting +50% then you would gain say +17.5% acc on the HHG, but +40% on the HHD, making the high acc weapons more useful.
Freon22
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by Freon22 »

I know and understand why you changed it, but it did take the mean reason for trading up in levels out of the game. You should try to replace it with something else, I mean a new reason for trading up in levels.
Page
SMR Coder

Post by Page »

You still gain accuracy for levels, it's just you gain about the same for 50% acc weapons, more for higher and less for lower. (From memory I believe I aimed it to be around the same level for 50% weapons)
Naeblis
Quiet One

Post by Naeblis »

With high speed connections, a delay is a hard thing to implement fairly. Even a half second a shot is enough to give an outright advantage to the person who chooses to flee.

ME solved this problem long ago with a weapon/drone recharge time. Of course, they have a holding mechanism. So a trader has to break free from a sector, or choose to fight it out. General recharge there is 20 seconds and most battles take at least three shots 1v1 So 40 second plus battles minimum.
Master of the lightenings, rider on the storm, wearer of a crown of swords, spinner-out of fate. Who thinks he turns the Wheel of Time, may learn the truth too late.Galactic Vampire
JettJackson
Fledgling Spam Artist

Post by JettJackson »

Naeblis wrote:With high speed connections, a delay is a hard thing to implement fairly. Even a half second a shot is enough to give an outright advantage to the person who chooses to flee.

ME solved this problem long ago with a weapon/drone recharge time. Of course, they have a holding mechanism. So a trader has to break free from a sector, or choose to fight it out. General recharge there is 20 seconds and most battles take at least three shots 1v1 So 40 second plus battles minimum.
If you put in a 20-40 second delay you'd never see a single kill except in fleeters or gangbangs because people would just run in the 20-40s. I know any trader would easily run unless they were a complete newb.
Lead: Sesame Street, Rogue Squad

Co-Lead: Suckas, Black Sun Ascending, Wraith Squadron, Fool's Errend, Team Poker, The Phantom Order, Toxic #5

Member of: Team Pup and Suds, Nintendo Power, System Failure, Crusaders, new dawn, Cereal Killers, Armory, Armory V2, _-=`Perfection`=-_, The Guild, Ragnarok, Heimdall, United Rebels, ilLegitimate Basterds

I've seen and done it all
Page
SMR Coder

Post by Page »

The delay wasn't quite so high on the ships used for hunting, but it did make for some very intense fleet battles where deciding to take a shot a bit early and take the acc + dmg hit could be worth it to get the finishing hit and stop them firing, or to pick off the key targets. At the same time SMR people are used to not even having to push the attack button themselves in order to fire, so it is unlikely to ever go into the game :P
RCK
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by RCK »

Alright.. easy solution, take it back to the classic....

the good old 'flee' or 'fight' popup for any and all combat :P
Naeblis
Quiet One

Post by Naeblis »

Page wrote:The delay wasn't quite so high on the ships used for hunting, but it did make for some very intense fleet battles where deciding to take a shot a bit early and take the acc + dmg hit could be worth it to get the finishing hit and stop them firing, or to pick off the key targets. At the same time SMR people are used to not even having to push the attack button themselves in order to fire, so it is unlikely to ever go into the game :P

^^ Takes planning and teamwork to fleet in ME

You have to shoot for yourself, and their is no fleet fire.

As for JJ, what you don't understand is mines/tractor beam in ME can hold a ship long enough for 2-4 shots to get off. Here mines don't trap, only annoy. There CD defend mines and you must blow a good portion of the stack, either by shooting or ramming it to escape. This delay balances out with weapon recharge.

You can enter a mined sector and back out over there, as long as you don't fire or drop forces. Doing so traps you.
Master of the lightenings, rider on the storm, wearer of a crown of swords, spinner-out of fate. Who thinks he turns the Wheel of Time, may learn the truth too late.Galactic Vampire