Unbalance

Discussions about everything, SMR related or not.
Fatman
Quiet One

Unbalance

Post by Fatman »

All the changes that have been made, over the last few rounds, as always, have slanted the game more to the hunters.....The DC is severly overpowered and something needs to change dramatically. Til then, i am another on an ever growing list of old school vets leaving this dead ass game
JettJackson
Fledgling Spam Artist

Re: Unbalance

Post by JettJackson »

The DC hasn't been changed in ages other than adding a turn every time they cloak. So I am wondering where this feeds into the discussion.
Lead: Sesame Street, Rogue Squad

Co-Lead: Suckas, Black Sun Ascending, Wraith Squadron, Fool's Errend, Team Poker, The Phantom Order, Toxic #5

Member of: Team Pup and Suds, Nintendo Power, System Failure, Crusaders, new dawn, Cereal Killers, Armory, Armory V2, _-=`Perfection`=-_, The Guild, Ragnarok, Heimdall, United Rebels, ilLegitimate Basterds

I've seen and done it all
Freon22
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by Freon22 »

Fatman, Not totally true :-), but let see. They have just made hunting ships so they hit for more damage, they have made galaxies smaller, game speed faster, unknown scouts, they have made trading ships weaker with less cargo holds so you have to trade more giving the hunter more of a chance to pod you. There is more but I think that enough for now. So what have they done for the trader? They made it so when you die you do not lose as much exper points, and that little bit was hard to get. Lots of the hunters in the game did not want that to go through. I was really quite surprised that it was coded in.

Right now there is a thread on "The ability to put scouts inside ports" cool idea, the trader could not even destroy the scout without first attacking and taking down the port. lol Its along the lines of the invisible scout idea. Cant see it cant destroy it.

But the best idea that I have ever heard was a few years ago were someone had an idea where a hunter could visit fed and for x number of turn he could tag your ship with a homing beckon that would track you movements for x number of hours.

There is really no need to quit it will not change anything they think that people like to play a one sided game. They think you enjoy being poded and losing your ship, money, and exper. If I were you I would not go out of my way to play but when you have a free time to play, see if you can make the hunter work for nothing. What I mean is destroy every scout, may be even pass a scout a few time when you know hunters are online. lol Last game I would pass a scout a few time then drop my own scout and sit in fed and see if a hunter came looking. Or I would burn up some turns taking out all scouts that I see.

Just because they are coding things to make it easier for the hunters does not mean you have to make it easier for them. I was kind of having fun last round until some fishy smelling alliance I think got bored and had the game cut short. I am not playing this round because I don't think this round will be any different then the last round.
Who know maybe next round will be good, hey could we get this round cut short and start a new one??????? lol
JettJackson
Fledgling Spam Artist

Post by JettJackson »

You have to remember that dying costs less exp now as of last game than it has before. This obviously benefits the traders.

Co-Lead: Suckas, Black Sun Ascending, Wraith Squadron, Fool's Errend, Team Poker, The Phantom Order, Toxic #5

Member of: Team Pup and Suds, Nintendo Power, System Failure, Crusaders, new dawn, Cereal Killers, Armory, Armory V2, _-=`Perfection`=-_, The Guild, Ragnarok, Heimdall, United Rebels, ilLegitimate Basterds

Fatman
Quiet One

Post by Fatman »

oh wow..........lose a litle less xp when dying...that really balances out all the changes that have been made in favor of hunting....this game has always catered to a select few who want things changed to favour the way they play.......and now is no different than it was 5 years ago.......
Fatman
Quiet One

Post by Fatman »

oh...and Freon, be careful what you post...if saomeone dont like it they will change it or just delete it even when you dont violate any rules...just FYI
Freon22
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by Freon22 »

Freon22 wrote: They made it so when you die you do not lose as much exper points,
Yes I did write a lot lol and you must have missed it.
JettJackson
Fledgling Spam Artist

Post by JettJackson »

Fatman wrote:oh wow..........lose a litle less xp when dying...that really balances out all the changes that have been made in favor of hunting....this game has always catered to a select few who want things changed to favour the way they play.......and now is no different than it was 5 years ago.......
The hunters don't gain that much at low exps and with the speed of the game now, the losses can easily be recouped, I mean honestly a pod is just money and ship anymore.

Freon22
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by Freon22 »

Well most time the Mods are only trying to keep the peace. So knowing this you say your peace then let it go.
Freon22
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by Freon22 »

JettJackson wrote:I mean honestly a pod is just money and ship anymore.
Last thing then I am done with this thread. JJ what you just said is what I am talking about!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You think people like to play a one sided game and they like to be poded. LOL man thats bad.