Unbalance

Discussions about everything, SMR related or not.
RCK
Beginner Spam Artist

Re: Unbalance

Post by RCK »

Naeblis wrote:^^ Takes planning and teamwork to fleet in ME

Are you saying that is a bad thing?
Jester-
Admin Emeritus

Post by Jester- »

Naeblis wrote:
Page wrote:The delay wasn't quite so high on the ships used for hunting, but it did make for some very intense fleet battles where deciding to take a shot a bit early and take the acc + dmg hit could be worth it to get the finishing hit and stop them firing, or to pick off the key targets. At the same time SMR people are used to not even having to push the attack button themselves in order to fire, so it is unlikely to ever go into the game :P
^^ Takes planning and teamwork to fleet in ME

You have to shoot for yourself, and their is no fleet fire.

As for JJ, what you don't understand is mines/tractor beam in ME can hold a ship long enough for 2-4 shots to get off. Here mines don't trap, only annoy. There CD defend mines and you must blow a good portion of the stack, either by shooting or ramming it to escape. This delay balances out with weapon recharge.

You can enter a mined sector and back out over there, as long as you don't fire or drop forces. Doing so traps you.
Is ME still around? What's the URL? PM me :P
Naeblis
Quiet One

Post by Naeblis »

RCK wrote:
Naeblis wrote:^^ Takes planning and teamwork to fleet in ME

Are you saying that is a bad thing?

No, i am saying fleeting is less complicated here.
Master of the lightenings, rider on the storm, wearer of a crown of swords, spinner-out of fate. Who thinks he turns the Wheel of Time, may learn the truth too late.Galactic Vampire
Fatman
Quiet One

Post by Fatman »

One way to balance the game for the severely overpowered DC would be to put the PSF back to 600 holds and increade the base turn rate to 6.......this way we can have an severely overpowered trader to counteract the severely overpowered hunter.....Makes sense to me.....but this will never happen cause this would make hunters have a hard time kiling a trader and we cant let the hunters be unhappy
Page
SMR Coder

Post by Page »

Fatman wrote:One way to balance the game for the severely overpowered DC would be to put the PSF back to 600 holds and increade the base turn rate to 6.......this way we can have an severely overpowered trader to counteract the severely overpowered hunter.....Makes sense to me.....but this will never happen cause this would make hunters have a hard time kiling a trader and we cant let the hunters be unhappy
Oh what an insightful well thought out post! I am most shocked! Yea, go crawl back in your hole.

Have you not noticed ships have been having changes one category at a time, surely therefore you may have realised that the second tier hunters have not been addressed really, yet instead of having some patience and maybe actually offering some useful contribution for when they are addressed you instead decide to post this utterly useless crap.
Fatman
Quiet One

Post by Fatman »

I love ponies!
RCK
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by RCK »

Fatman wrote:I love ponies!
You've been PAGED! :P
JettJackson
Fledgling Spam Artist

Post by JettJackson »

The DC is so unbeatable that I must not have died in one today... Oh wait...
Lead: Sesame Street, Rogue Squad

Co-Lead: Suckas, Black Sun Ascending, Wraith Squadron, Fool's Errend, Team Poker, The Phantom Order, Toxic #5

Member of: Team Pup and Suds, Nintendo Power, System Failure, Crusaders, new dawn, Cereal Killers, Armory, Armory V2, _-=`Perfection`=-_, The Guild, Ragnarok, Heimdall, United Rebels, ilLegitimate Basterds

I've seen and done it all
Fatman
Quiet One

Post by Fatman »

JettJackson wrote:The DC is so unbeatable that I must not have died in one today... Oh wait...

Just cause you died in a DC doesnt mean that there isnt an issue with it JJ...people died in the PSF as well yet that didnt change the fact there was something wrong with it....pititful attepmt to discredit this argument
Fatman
Quiet One

Post by Fatman »

Fatman wrote:I love ponies!

Again, what i had posted here violated no rule...yet i guess someone didnt like it so the post gets edited to this ridiculousness....nice way to eliminate any posts you just dont like